don't click here

ITT we make bios to impress Olympics visitors

Print

Author Topic: ITT we make bios to impress Olympics visitors  (Read 10701 times)

Offline Rolken

« on: November 12, 2005, 07:58:18 pm »
So like, now that we've established to the world how much we own, I'm going to make a bios page for all us cool folks. You can write one for yourself if you want, or else you can have me write one for you. 8) Also an accompanying image would be slick, whether a picture of you or... something else. Please no lame Sonic recolors though.

Also you don't have to be competing to get one. Just because your ping sucks doesn't mean you don't own the pants off all them noobs.

Also aforementioned bios can include IRL stuff or your online shenanigans or whatever. References to how much you own are always recommended (if you can back them up with the records, of course!).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 08:00:55 pm by Rolken »
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 08:05:23 pm »
^^Can we not use the Top 10 Bio's as something to add in there for bragging rights? :D

Also, wasn't SM doing something very similar to this, but told almost no-one? :o
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 10:03:14 pm »
But RPG the top 10 topic is for the top 10 D:

So I agree with Rolken. :o

I will probably write one up some time anyways, in the top 10 format, only with some other RL shenanigans that Rolk brought about. The only thing is I don't have any good RL pics of myself (besides, I'm teh fugly) and my sprite-form isn't that great so no pic from me. Because I am not slick.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Tails47 2

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 10:12:47 pm »
That is so cool! But I'll wait until somebody does one first... I don't want to be first.

I don't have any pics of me anyway. Except the ones they show online of me running in races. But those make me look ugly and look like I'm constepated (spelling?).

Good idea, but I'll wait until one brave soul does it first.

Offline Rolken

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 10:41:36 pm »
^^Can we not use the Top 10 Bio's as something to add in there for bragging rights? :D
[snapback]7308[/snapback]
I knew there was something I was forgetting. Quality stuff. Might want to edit some of it a bit though, in light of that those were pretty much preaching to the choir whereas the same stuff might come off as pretentious to people who don't actually know us - ie, There is just no adequate way to describe SM. RPG chose to put it in one word: “God.” X)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 10:42:09 pm by Rolken »
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 10:59:26 pm »
Yeah, this does sound pretty interesting, I like it. :o I'll have pics of myself soon as soon as I get my Senior Class pictures. As of now, I only have one pic of myself, but it's with more than one person. :o
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 01:02:32 am »
Maybe the bios could be linked to the on-site profiles.

Or was that your little ??? section on the profiles that you said was a secret? :o

* Spinballwizard will write his when he finishes test cases for his program tomorrow which probably won't be until after work :(
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 01:51:07 am »
I've always wanted a bio about me to be written. For an image, I'll try to find a cool Zero (MMX) or HK-47 pic since those guys are cool.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 02:59:00 am »
I'm pro using NintenDan's cartoon representation of Rolken in his bio. XD

<3 Thorn.

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2005, 06:31:43 am »
I can write the bio! The bio am write! I write it good. YEs now.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005, 03:45:09 pm »
[snapback]7317[/snapback]

XD

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 10:09:58 pm »
[snapback]7317[/snapback]
I second that notion.

Also, I have decided to get the ball rolling on the bio-age. But I have no slick image as I said earlier. Also this could probably be added to but I can't be arsed to think of anything.

ROCK 'N' ROLL!
*shot 1,000 times, stabbed 1,000,000 more, then buried 30 feet below RPG's house*

TSC's RANDOM PLAYER #594 (Because that's my member number. =P)
by SBW
(Up-to-date as of 12/3/05)

DAN "SPINBALLWIZARD" _____ - There has to be a twist.
(Because nobody needs to know my last name, you stalkers.)

Spinballwizard's Rankings <--Link :o

Sonic Games owned by Spinballwizard
Sonic 1 (Since 1993)
Sonic 2 (Since 1993)
Sonic 3 (Since 1994)
Sonic & Knuckles (Since 1994)
Sonic Spinball (Since 1994) (Not tracked by TSC)
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Since 1995) (Not tracked by TSC)
Sonic 3D Blast (Since 1996) (Times not documented yet)
Sonic Advance (Since 2002)
Sonic Advance 2 (Since 2002)
Sonic Heroes (Since 2004)
Sonic Advance 3 (Since 2004)
Shadow the Hedgehog (Since 2005)

Spinballwizard's 'Best' 10 Times
Because I don't have that many records currently. Italics denote actual records

10. SnK - Sandopolis 2 - Tails - 3:36 (This act is a pain to get under 4 minutes, usually. Can't remember my specific run, but it turned out great. Heck, it even beats SadisticMystic. Good enough for me.)
9. SAdva3 - Ocean Base 1 - Sonic - 0:54:53 (I really wish I could improve this. Mike89 showed me a new route here, but I'm having trouble pulling it off... Probably the only good Advance 3 time you'll see from me here.)
8. SAdva2 - Sky Canyon 1 - Sonic - 1:06:93 (This zone sucks arse when it comes to TAing. This is within a second of being red though, and certainly isn't anything to sneeze at.)
7. SnK - Death Egg 1 - Sonic - 2:42 (Considering the precision needed for this Act, I'm actually proud of this time. Orange is good, and until recently, this was only a few seconds worse than mike89's time, and anywhere close to mike is an accomplishment for me.)
6. SAdva - Ice Mountain 2 - Knuckles - 1:17:33 (Best Advance time I have to date. Still about 10 seconds off the record, but still good enough for third, with only mike and Taco to beat.)
5. SnK - Mushroom Hill 2 - Knuckles - 1:25 (Undoubtedly my best SnK time. I'd actually beaten the record first at 1:30, then sonicam lowered it to 1:28, then I got this time, then sonicam beat me again D: )
4. ShTH - Egg Dealer - Dark - 1:15:99 (First true Shadow record I actually had. Of course, SuperSonic101 beat it a few hours after it was achieved. Of course, I'll be improving it. :D)
3. SAdva2 - Egg Utopia 1 - Knuckles - 1:43:12 (This would have been a record had douglas not mysteriously cut 13 seconds off of it. I'm just happy because I beat a Taco time.)
2. SAdva2 - Ice Paradise 2 - Anyone (IP2 was the first zone I seriously competed in, and I was the undisputed record-holder, minus Amy, until douglas came about and started pwning.)
1. SAdva2 - Egg Go Round - Cream - 0:07:15 (Not only is this my first record, but it's also my longest-standing record, as well as being the only boss I'm good at.)

Spinballwizard originally joined TSC on 26 December, 2004, contrary to what the board says. This is because SBW was one of the unfortunate victims to the Infamous TSC Downtime of 2005 (Named such by myself), where all records, statistics, and accounts from 12/19/04-4/1/05 were mysteriously obliterated. His first submissions were in Sonic Advance 2, and he was surprised to find that his boss times (EGR Cream) was very close to the record. And thus, his competition began. On the fifth of January, 2005, SBW obtained his first record, achieving an unmatched 0:07:15. Of course, this wasn't the end of his Advance 2 time attacking.

He also noticed that his Ice Paradise 2 time for Sonic was relatively good. It was still about 25 seconds away from NintenDan's then-current record, but he decided to give it a shot.

Flash forward a few months later. It's March now, and he'd been practicing IP2 (for all characters) for a while, when he finally had a breakthrough. The record had been 56:xx (can't remember it exactly, because that record was also killed by the downtime), and SBW earned a then-spectacular 55:xx! Eventually, he worked on the other characters, gaining a record for Knuckles, but unfortunately, not Cream. This changed during the downtime, when he discovered an altered strategy that cut 3-4 seconds off his already impressive times, which gained him records for everyone but Amy. At the time, the Sonic record was briefly contested by NintenDan, but after some work SBW beat it again, holding a record of 47:68, which lasted a good 3 months before being beaten.

Ice Paradise 2 may be his best act overall, but that doesn't mean he TAs it exclusively. He holds decent rankings in Sonic & Knuckles too, and SAdva2 and SnK are his only current games to have better than 50% (as tracked by TSC).

SBW also plays some of the 3D games (though only Heroes and Shadow, currently, since he doesn't have a Dreamcast or Gamecube). A notable accomplishment on his part is being the first player to submit boss times for Shadow the Hedgehog.

Outside of time attacking, SBW is an American college student living at home with a part-time job, both of which take up most of his time (though breaks usually involve TAing). He is a member of several other Sonic forums, all of which are: TSC, TSS, Sonic Revolution, The Shadow Realm, and Sonic Hill - his own sprite comic based site. He is a moderator at SR and TSR, a Rainbow User at TSC, and the webmaster/admin of SH.

SBW started playing Sonic games when he was only seven teeny-tiny years old (a long time ago for the now 19-year-old), when he got Sonic 1 and Road Rash along with the Genesis from his uncle. His personal favorite to play is Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, only because it's the game he feels he's best at. Of course, it isn't tracked by TSC, but at home he is feared for his mad skills at the game.

Other games he frequently plays include random RPGs (mainly FFs), certain sports games (read: EA football games, random hockey games), and he considers himself a decent time attacker at Crash Team Racing. (Once I compile all my times from it, I'll probably put them in "ITT we TA Anything")

Currently silent in most games, SBW is most active (right now) in Sonic Advance and Shadow the Hedgehog.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 12:17:42 am by Spinballwizard »

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 06:40:56 am »
Damn, is everyone named Dan. :(

Also, I haven't read that Spinny, I will when I get home cuz it's too long. :o Or I'll read it if my Cisco teacher is absent. :o
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline Tails47 2

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 06:53:39 am »
I like how you talk about yourself in third person :D

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 10:37:24 am »
I suck at writing autobiographical pieces D:

Maybe I'll attempt to write something and stick mike's bio on the end >_>

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005, 04:50:18 pm »
I conclude that I cannot be bothered. Rolk you can write one for me, and I shall approve it. Like an effing EDITOR mates.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Tails47 2

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2005, 05:41:07 pm »
Could you write one up for me too please? PM me or post it here if you do do it so I can look over it. Thanks either way! :)

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2005, 09:49:20 pm »
I like some of the things rpg said in my bio, but there are a few things he missed (he said himself he rushed it)

For example, when I first started boss time attacking advance 2, I sucked ass. I had to learn from rolko how to beat the first boss under 10 seconds! It was later though that I developed a technique that revolutionized the way some of the bosses could be time attacked, which led to some extremly low times for some bosses

also mike89 mentioned sprints speedruns but rpg did not mention mine :(
Granted, teh ending sucks balls, but it's still a speedrun :/

so if it's cool, I'd like to rewrite a few things (and maybe change my top 5 records to being specific level records instead of "lol all of advance 1 levels". I feel I really worked a shitload harder for some records then others. Egg Rocket Knux comes to mind...

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2005, 01:48:40 pm »
^^Sorry D:

I am forgetful :(

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2005, 10:46:56 pm »
RPG everybody forgets :(

Also zomg I'm the only one to have written his own bio :o

Print

Hits: 139 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.16 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.