don't click here

The difference between us and TSS is...

Print

Author Topic: The difference between us and TSS is...  (Read 12412 times)

Offline Rolken

« on: November 14, 2005, 04:32:47 am »
this.

I mean seriously what. Remember kids, SSMB is the community for mature Sonic fans.

edit: also they can't play.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 04:33:25 am by Rolken »
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 10:32:34 am »
Yeah, but regardless of where you are, you'll still end up finding an idiot somewheres.

Even here.

* Spinballwizard points to anyone banned from submitting records.

Also Rolk I can't believe you had to edit the part in that they can't play.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 10:33:12 am by Spinballwizard »
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 10:41:04 am »
X. D.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Rolken

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 11:39:20 am »
Yeah, but regardless of where you are, you'll still end up finding an idiot somewheres.
[snapback]7336[/snapback]
One word: an?

Also I forgot to put in their nonplayage at first because it's become such a natural part of their identity.

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 03:45:21 pm »
Rolken, first of all, you are in the personal discussions forum!

Second of all, really the only difference you are pointing out is the size of the community. The larger the community, the more 'personal issues' topics you get. Places like TSS and Gaia therefore make forums especially for them, making them multiply!

I mean, even in the chat some people get all real-lifey.

However, the mature sonic fans thing is lol.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Tails47 2

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 03:54:58 pm »
That kid was like 10 years old. At first I thought he was like 15. Then I thought it was weird cause the kid is asking people on a Sonic forum for girl advise... and hes 10 years old.

And yes, they can't play

Offline Rolken

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 07:09:10 pm »
I mean, even in the chat some people get all real-lifey.
[snapback]7343[/snapback]
That wasn't the deal at all. I am pro dealing with IRL issues. But the things we bring up in our chatroom are always genuine real-life problems that are difficult to deal with. Their forum is mostly composed of "hey I like this girl how do I get her to talk to me" topics, and people responding with advice along the lines of "well you could try to get into her class next semester and then surreptitiously ask her about a math problem and maybe she'll notice you exist." That, and depressed pre/teenagers complaining about how terrible their life is because some girl wouldn't go on a date with them.

edit: Also am I the only one who neither dated nor wanted to date when I was 10-11ish? I mean seriously.

Also I was not meaning to say that depression itself is not a reasonable topic, because it is. However, going into a forum and venting about random silliness and then saying you're going to kill yourself is not the way to do it, and the venting topics are almost always totally unrelated and silly.

Bottom line is, people with problems do need help with them - but half of their "problems" were really just silliness, and a few were actual problems (ie depression) but talking about it in a forum setting is the epitome of futile.

In conclusion, reasonably old/mature people can benefit from each others' experience on the Internet. What ten-year-olds really need is parents.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 07:18:17 pm by Rolken »

Offline Tails47 2

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 08:18:21 pm »
Aww some of those were so sad :(
Some were sad-pathetic-wise like "I'm antisocial, what to do?"

And others were sad like tear-jerkers like dead parents, abusive family members, serious stuff.

Topics like the first kind I mentioned is just, like you put it, silly.

To a degree topics in the second group I mentioned are also silly, but at least those are actual problems that could be solved possibly through forum disscussion.

It was actually pathetic reading all of those. Only two had no negativety what so ever. The rest just didn't have an ounze of optimism.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 10:57:35 pm »
One word: an?
[snapback]7340[/snapback]
Oh fine, "at least one idiot."

Second of all, really the only difference you are pointing out is the size of the community. The larger the community, the more 'personal issues' topics you get. Places like TSS and Gaia therefore make forums especially for them, making them multiply!
[snapback]7343[/snapback]
CF that brings me to this point. The more people there are, the more idiots show up.

Let me explain the first part of my friend's Stupidity Theories (there are actually 7, but only one really applies here). The theory defines a "stupidity factor," which is proportional to the recriprocal of the number of people in a given area (the proportionality constant is undermined at this time). The higher the stupidity factor, the dumber the population as a whole is (and therefore, the higher the population in an area, the dumber they are).

See what I'm getting at?

There are a few groups of people that either raise or lower this factor, and there are a bunch of concepts that could be explained, but I won't bother with them right now.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

Offline F-Man

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 10:59:35 pm »
It's not a matter of how many people there are, but how old they are.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2005, 02:55:12 am »
edit: Also am I the only one who neither dated nor wanted to date when I was 10-11ish? I mean seriously.
[snapback]7347[/snapback]

Nope
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2005, 03:05:52 am »
Also;

Hey hey HEY!

I liked a girl in my class way back when. D:D:

Of course, it wasn't a serious like, just an idiot kid crush, possibly incurred by the fact that she was the only decent-looking chick in the whole school. Moreover, I would not have been stupid enough to post about it on a message board.

However, I was stupid enough to tell one of my best friends that I fancied her! However, this is another anecdote for another time.

CF... AWAY! *poof*

Also for the most part I agree rolk the chat was a silly comparison wtflol.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 03:08:39 am by CosmicFalcon »
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2005, 03:20:09 am »
Hey hey HEY!

I liked a girl in my class way back when. D:D:

Of course, it wasn't a serious like, just an idiot kid crush, possibly incurred by the fact that she was the only decent-looking chick in the whole school. Moreover, I would not have been stupid enough to post about it on a message board.
[snapback]7363[/snapback]

Yeah, me too. :o

Surely this is not an uncommon thing?

The difference being in my case, I'm still good friends with the girl. Remember I went to Canberra in July? You work out the rest.

also was I the only person here who didn't know what a message board was when he was ten? D:

<3 Thorn.

Offline Tails47 2

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2005, 06:55:59 am »
Can you guys help me out pleez?

I sit by this girl in one of my classes. And I like her a lot!!! But I don't know if she likes me or not. I'm really shy so I don't really speak with her, because I'm shy. I hope she likes me! I really do! If she does, we will be the King and Queen of fourth grade!!! I hope she likes me!

Can you guys help me out pleez???

If you guys didn't realize... it's a joke.

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2005, 12:22:49 pm »
also was I the only person here who didn't know what a message board was when he was ten? D:
[snapback]7364[/snapback]

Nope. At that age (ish) all I had was silly Compuserve shiz.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 12:26:20 pm »

Nope
[snapback]7360[/snapback]
I'm another member of our little group.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2005, 04:15:10 pm »
I can't say the same, well, I have had many crushes. Ever since I was in the 2nd grade, I had this crush on this one girl, I was too much of a bitch to ask her out, but I think I was a little too young anyway... D: I mean what's that, I was 7 or 8 in 2nd grade... D:
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2005, 10:09:58 pm »
Rolken I am almost 20 and have not dated. Though not from lack of wanting to (well, after I started high school at least.) *runs from those who wish to call me a wimp*
In conclusion, reasonably old/mature people can benefit from each others' experience on the Internet. What ten-year-olds really need is parents.
^^ Tru dat.

They also need brains. *runs again*

EDIT: Also, ITT Dred gets green on SA2B/MH1.
http://www.sonicstadium.org/index.php?movies=sa2battle
*points to gameplay footage*
Now that's the way Metal Harbor's meant to be played. :3
*now points to http://www.soniccenter.org/videos/3-4-4-1-8140.avi*

Now I'd ask Cybrax on the matter, but isn't that the way Metal Harbor's supposed to be played?

Actually, by the records, he's done better. >_>
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 10:46:40 pm by Spinballwizard »

Print

Hits: 206 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.14 MB | Time: 0.15s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.