don't click here

I want to apologise...

Print

Author Topic: I want to apologise...  (Read 5403 times)

Offline Tails47 2

I want to apologise...
« on: November 26, 2005, 02:24:52 pm »
Well, let me be blunt with it...

I cheated on some levels in S&K. But it was harmless in a way.

You see, in the runs, that I changed back to their original times, I messed up (ie, not jumping, hitting spikes, etc) but finished with about the same times as my records. So I subtracted time from what I felt it would have been if I didn't screw up.

I thought nothing at first. I didn't see the big deal.

Then while I was on vacation, I went on the computor quick and saw I had a PM from Rolken saying that I was being challenged.

"I didn't cheat" I replied. That's what I thought at first. Then I remembered what I did and realised that it really was cheating.

The times that I changed were the only times I did this to. Honestly.

You may be thinking that I am writing this because I got caught. And in a way, it is true. If it weren't for Rolken PMing me, I never would have thought it cheating. But that made me realise that I did something wrong. I really am sorry for this. I really am.

I don't want to be known as a cheater. Everytime I do get a record, I don't want people to think that I cheated.

I hope that:

A) That I can stay on the site since I confessed to this.
B) That you all can forgive me
C) Myself included: That we can put this behind us.

I am really sorry this happened and it will not happen again.

Thank you.

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
I want to apologise...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 02:44:24 pm »
Well, you did confess.

But it's important that we play accordingly with the rules, that way it's fair for everyone.

People have done far worse things and have managed to stay on the site, so I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be allowed to stay.

Offline SadisticMystic

I want to apologise...
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 03:35:01 pm »
This says nothing of at least 64 fakes (almost certainly more than that) you have spread through Advance 2/3 and Heroes.

When asked about those in chat, you said that they were all from a "very long time ago"...yet 22 of the definite 64 were submitted in just the last two months.  Then you refused to acknowledge that any of your recent submissions outside S&K were fake.

If you thought acknowledging S&K was going to serve as a diversion to get us off your case, then you don't know the way we operate.  What you've done is provide us with even more evidence of wrongdoing.

[EDIT] The recent account "Amy_Cream_lover" is Tails47 2 using a proxy, and has been shot down as such.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 05:50:00 pm by SadisticMystic »

Offline Tails47 2

I want to apologise...
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 09:07:36 pm »
That wasn't even me.

I don't even know what a proxy is.

Offline CosmicFalcon

I want to apologise...
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 11:04:43 am »
How long do we give for a confession about the Advance (and Heroes?) times before someone gets the banhammer out?
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline SprintGod

I want to apologise...
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 11:55:36 am »
Using a proxy is a perfectly good reason for a banning. People with something to hide will never be welcome on a site dependent upon the honesty of its members.

Approximately 60% of your times have simply been made up. You have 3 options.
  • Correct them
  • Prove otherwise
  • Get banned
If you don't want people to treat you like you're stupid, then your best defence is to not be stupid.

Offline Tails47 2

I want to apologise...
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 12:21:26 pm »
Fine...

Everything except my Sega Genesis times... are fake.

I tried deleting all the times from Heroes and Advance 2/3  but it didn't work.

I am AWFUL at Sonic Heroes and Advance 2 and 3. I could never liked the controls as much as the genesis ones.

The genesis games are natural to me and are my only area of expertise. Ever since I was young (like 10-12 years ago) I was always good at them. The 3D and advance ones... I could just never get used to.

I would upload my real times for Heroes, advance 2 and 3 but they have all been deleted. (My brother deleted heroes by accident and the advance 2 and 3 got broken once and everything was gone).

I revealed everything there is to be revealed. No one is ever going to believe me again though and I wouldn't be surprised if I am never respected again.

I am sorry.
BTW that name wasn't mine. I don't even know what a proxy is. Plus I can't make another name cause I don't have E-mail.

Offline j-mic

I want to apologise...
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 07:34:37 pm »
whats a proxy ???

Print

Hits: 138 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.