don't click here

Before anyone asks...

Print

Author Topic: Before anyone asks...  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Aere Alouette

• Float like a skylark sting like a storm
  • TSC: Greham Adelphis
  • winvista chrome
  • 250 Games and counting.
    • View Profile
Before anyone asks...
« on: December 16, 2005, 05:59:18 pm »
To explain this otherworldly and outlandish Egg Rocket record...with Sonic, no less... I will say the following:

- During the zone, two ? ring boxes yielded 40.

- In the first rocket, I missed the spring in midair toward the end and was able to grab the hanging pole under it to get back up and take the top path (I went with the bottom path first).

- In the second rocket, I held right as hard as I can bouncing off the spring the usually ends up making you hit an off-screen Mirror. As a result, I barely missed him.

- I held a magnetic shield from Rocket 1 through 1, all through 2, and lost it to thorns near the end of 3 (the third room from the exit of the stage).

- The hit on the thorns was the only time I got hit.

I can do a trace map if I can find an Egg Rocket map. Anybody know where I can get one?

Plus, since the incident involving XX Zone, I have made triple checks on each record and made a vow to follow the rules as they are mentioned (the entire run was on normal).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 06:01:10 pm by Greham Adelphis »
Sonic 3D Blast Champion (So many times I can't count.)

Offline SadisticMystic

Before anyone asks...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 06:25:29 pm »
There is indeed a map of Egg Rocket online, but it's really big.  Shrinking it down to 25% size might be in order.

From that map, I do see the potential for 500 rings.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Before anyone asks...
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 12:05:14 am »
I got 429 with Knuckles a couple of years ago without even trying, so 500 would seem almost simple when playing for rings.

<3 Thorn.

Print

Hits: 600 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1000.92 KB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.