don't click here

Yet Again

Print

Author Topic: Yet Again  (Read 3400 times)

Offline Aere Alouette

• Float like a skylark sting like a storm
  • TSC: Greham Adelphis
  • winvista chrome
  • 250 Games and counting.
    • View Profile
Yet Again
« on: December 22, 2005, 02:35:29 am »
This time, it's the 275 Ring record for Knuckles on Carnival Night 2, a zone that is supposed to have only -130 rings in it. Here is my argument:

Before I get into this, I was using the Level Select option with no Emeralds. Therefore, I can't get big rings and if you did get big rings with all Emeralds, you can't refrain from using the Super/Hyper mode since you need the Glide.

Here is my argument:

1. I started the zone with no shield.

2. I went into the vacuum tubes and ended up on the spiral tube.

3. I bailed out of the tube right next to the three ring monitors and got those and the adjacent rings (Ring Count: 35).

4. I use the Spin Dash to get back onto the ledge and from there go back onto the spiral tube.

5. I bail out and land on a platform parallel to the ring platform and obtain 4 rings (Ring Count: 39).

6. I enter the secret passage in the area and hit both ring monitors and the water shield (Ring Count: 59).

7. I exit the other end and hit the ring monitor there (Ring Count: 69).

8. I reenter the passage and jump back onto the platform mentioned in step 5.

9. I get one ring under a vertical vacuum tube and end up on Sonic's course (Ring Count: 70).

10. I proceed through Sonic's course without any cutscenes (all scenes are out) and rack up a Magnetic Shield. All enemies are present. (Ring Count afterward: 275).

11. Because all cutscenes were dropped, this leaves a gap at the end. Since the game believes I'm Sonic and/or Tails, the Egg Capsule at the end was taken out.
Boss, on the other hand, is left on, oddly enough wearing the helmet that is unique to all Knuckles's bosses.

12. In order to reach the top of the tube to get to the boss, you must climb back up the tube you used to get down to Knuckles's end and then make a hard jump from the ledge and glide onto the top tube and start climbing up (you activate Super/Hyper Knuckles when you try to use the Glide with all Emeralds, breaking the Sonic Center rule about Super/Hyper modes not allowed).

13. I reach top of tube and engage Dr. Robotnik in the boss fight.

14. Because of Knuckles's small jump, he can only get one hit in each time Dr. Robotnik descends.

15. Boss is defeated and Knuckles opens Egg Capsule and uses the cannon to reach Ice Cap.

I have explained everything about how I did the record and this is as clear as I can get it. There wasn't even water in the half-glitched Carnival Night Zone 2. I also didn't have all the Chaos or Super Emeralds, therefore, I couldn't use the Super/Hyper modes.

No rules were broken in this entire run. You can try it too and it will prove that this can be done.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 02:36:56 am by Greham Adelphis »
Sonic 3D Blast Champion (So many times I can't count.)

Offline SadisticMystic

Yet Again
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 03:04:24 am »
Get a file that includes all Chaos Emeralds and 1-6 Super Emeralds.  This prevents you from turning super, and (at least in zones 1-6) still allows you to get 50 for big rings instead of a special stage.

It's certainly possible to exceed 275 with that.

[EDIT]: even without it...I remember hitting 4 big rings on my run, for 354 without any of them on the completed run or 433 if I could complete it fast enough.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 04:21:46 am by SadisticMystic »

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Yet Again
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 05:19:05 am »
For future reference, don't bother with this sort of thing unless you're actually questioned. In most cases we know what to do anyway (though if you do have something that we don't know and would like to share with us it would be most appreciated).

For example, on this very level I was contemplating picking up all the rings on the Sonic path, but then decided against it as at the time there were no other players.

<3 Thorn.

Print

Hits: 673 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1005.06 KB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.