don't click here

I just can't believe it...

Print

Author Topic: I just can't believe it...  (Read 10620 times)

I just can't believe it...
« on: May 20, 2006, 10:55:32 pm »
xXDarkLightXx 29560 1/33 12-23-05 bouncing for combos!- Mission 1 city escape, SA2B

I have looked everywhere throughout this level and gotten the second best score other than this one, and I just don't see how it's possible. Unless someone can verify it or I see a video I won't believe it.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
Re: I just can't believe it...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 11:27:27 pm »
Looking at the actual score itself, it does seem rather strange along with the other scores on the scoreboard, and I can understand how you feel about it. Remember, though, just because someone does something insane, it doesn't mean it isn't legit. Keep trying, find a trick or something, and maybe you'll get something better. If you're absolutely sure after checking over and over that it's not legit, though, then it's always safe to ask but of course it's tradition that you'll get run over by a truck here if we figure out that you're wrong in your beliefs.

So, remember, the next time you do this, think it over, check several times, and try new things before saying it's absolute bullshit.

Just a bit of advice anyway, before we begin to use the overused "if u think some1 si teh cheatar" quote.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 11:29:42 pm by PsyBorg »
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 08:26:37 am »
TOOT TOOT FAQ WARRIOR
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 10:25:53 am »
There IS a Read Before Posting warrior, but certainly no Frequently Asked Questions warrior.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 10:54:09 am »
the FAQ Warrior>>>You.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline F-Man

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 01:02:42 pm »
Tried bouncing for combos?

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 06:02:54 pm »
Don't think I haven't thought this over, I have played the level literally hundereds of times, I tried what I belive is every possible comination of bouncing for combos and I am still very short of his score. I may be wrong, and I am willing to let anyone prove it to me,  but until I see proof I won't believe it.

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 06:21:49 pm »
xXDarkLightXx hasn't been here since the end of 2005.  Try e-mailing mailto:xxdarkwormxx@msn.com and see if you can reach him there.

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 10:03:40 pm »
Sure I can try that, maybe he could have a video or a screenshot or something. Although I would prefer a video because you can alter images, a screenshot would be ok.

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 10:29:35 pm »
Another possibility is that he scalped the cars as an endless source of points, something that goes against the rules if it takes more than 15 minutes to do (not nearly long enough to make it time-efficient).

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 07:48:34 pm »
There IS a Read Before Posting warrior, but certainly no Frequently Asked Questions warrior.
Same thing ftw.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 09:21:46 pm »
Same thing ftw.

No, it's not the same thing ftw.

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 09:28:02 pm »
Yeah I know about the car trick, but you're right, your time bonus would go down to much for it to be worth it in under 15 minutes. I'll just see what he says when or if I get an e-mail back.

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 06:00:08 pm »
Well I sent an e-mail yesterday and haven't heard anything back yet. Truthfully I doubt I will get an e-mail back whether he is telling the truth or not, he doesn't know me and it would just be a bother to send a video or explanation. I'll look for it though.

Offline Comma Doo

• Pimpslice Nugga Toes
  • TSC: commadoo
  • winxp chrome
  • Oh, new competition!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 06:42:40 pm »
if you hit the gold bug, bounce down and cap the two robots by the rail, you can keep bouncing along the grass and kill the next 4 or 5 robots, then run back up and hit the jump/rings for the Awesome. heh, i figured this out about 2 weeks ago but have yet the patience to pull it off and finish the level.

gotta do it FAST, btw and yes it does work.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 06:44:22 pm by Comma Doo »
Uh... Spank my ass and call me a... Wow, i could really say anything here and it'd still be funny. Time to make or break myself, in a field that seperates the boys from the men. Well... uh... hm...... PANDA!

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 07:24:03 pm »
Yes, I know that and already incorporated it in my run. Like I said, I found what I believe to be every possible bouncing combo.

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 04:59:16 pm »
Well, it's been three days and I haven't heard anything back. Does anyone have any evidence his score is legit? It seems so weird to be so much higher than anyone elses.

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 06:22:10 pm »
Err... why haven't I been able to post here for about 2 weeks? I just got a "you posted within the last 60 seconds" message every time.

Print

Hits: 933 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.09 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.