don't click here

Urban legends, stories and crap that you've heard.

Print

Author Topic: Urban legends, stories and crap that you've heard.  (Read 27643 times)

Urban legends, stories and crap that you've heard.
« on: May 22, 2006, 05:15:40 pm »
Ok, this is my Return fourm here, but thats not what where here to discuss about. This is about Urban legends, and stories, and other crap you heard of. Just post stories you have heard of, and please say if they are true or not. Pick anything you want, from death to campfire where all good. Ok then i'll start.

There was one kid in school, and he'd could not take all the pressure, so he took two pencils and shoved them up his nose, and slammed his head on the desk. You should know the rest. I do not know if this is true or not but it's messed up.
Uhhhhh........Yah......Ok then.....WOOT!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Re: Urban legends, stories and crap that you've heard.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 05:21:53 pm »
I have heard of an urban legend that surpasses all.

So great it is perhaps considered a long forgotten myth.

It is said it only occurs to those that anger the 3 divine rulers of Teeus Essio Ceaous.

And they call it...

The BANHAMMER
Did you not think I had a mind?

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 05:28:31 pm »
Banhammer? What the hell is that man?

Oh well, next Storie by me.

Well, there was this couple who where having a good time talk'n and crap, and they got hungry. So they had peanut butter jelly sandwitches. The girl couldn't have had peanut butter becuase she was alergic to anything that had peanuts in it. So they at the guy have peanut butter jelly, and the girl having just jelly on her sandwitch. later the guy dove her home, they kissed and went to bed. The next day, the girl was dead. A later ottospy saw that she had peanut butter in her siliva. that kiss was a killer one.
Uhhhhh........Yah......Ok then.....WOOT!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 05:34:06 pm »
The BANHAMMER
Full stop.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 05:36:01 pm by RPGnutter »

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 12:51:25 am »
I've heard tons of urban legends.
1. Fat guy eats tons of gassy foods, sleeps in a crampped room, and suffocates from the fumes of his farts. The myth was busted by the mythbusters though.
I can explain the whole peanut butter kiss of death legend, since this is real. Antigen from peanuts enter mouth, go through blood stream, get stuck on IgE antibodies attached to mast cells as a result of an earlier exposure, cross linking of antibodies activate mast cells,  which produce histamine and other inflamatory agents, respiratory tract is blocked, person dies. This is a typical case of a type 1 hypersensitivity reaction, which also include anaphalaxic shock as a result of bee sting allergies. I just finished an immunology course where these disorders were one of the last things covered in the lectures.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline qubit

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 12:57:50 pm »
Well, there was this couple who where having a good time talk'n and crap, and they got hungry. So they had peanut butter jelly sandwitches. The girl couldn't have had peanut butter becuase she was alergic to anything that had peanuts in it. So they at the guy have peanut butter jelly, and the girl having just jelly on her sandwitch. later the guy dove her home, they kissed and went to bed. The next day, the girl was dead. A later ottospy saw that she had peanut butter in her siliva. that kiss was a killer one.

The Peanut Kiss of Death has already been debunked.  It happened in Montreal and they have rediagnosed her cause of death as asthma.
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x
mike89: yes. yes i do.
mike89: but then i find CF odd.
Me: so do I.

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 04:08:24 pm »
So the kiss of death legend was busted. Interesting, although the science behind it is certainly plausible. (The mechanisms behind lethal asthma reactions are similar since asthma is in the same group of disorders as fatal allergies.) There was a web site dedicated to the archiving of urban legends, though I can't find the link at this time.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 06:05:45 pm »
Christina Desforges died from an asthma attack after “physical exertion” with her boyfriend
Kiss of death?  More like *shot*
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 06:14:49 pm »
You guys forgot about the
BANHAMMER?
D: I had faith in you bastards >_>

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 07:33:57 am »
So the kiss of death legend was busted. Interesting, although the science behind it is certainly plausible. (The mechanisms behind lethal asthma reactions are similar since asthma is in the same group of disorders as fatal allergies.) There was a web site dedicated to the archiving of urban legends, though I can't find the link at this time.

www.snopes.com

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 03:17:18 pm »
I heard that there was a man who actually fell off a high area and was saved by bird shit on the ground.

Seriously, I did hear that.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 04:49:03 pm »
God should

BANHAMMER

him.

<_<

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 05:33:27 pm »
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 06:00:22 pm »
Why I do declare that CF wins.

ALso to keep in motion with the rest of my posts.

BANHAMMER               BANHAMMER               BANHAMMER            BANHAMMER             BANHAMMER               BANHAMMER               BANHAMMER                BANHAMMER               BANHAMMER                BANHAMMER                 BANHAMMER            BANHAMMER             BANHAMMER                   BANHAMMER                 BANHAMMER                  BANHAMMER                     BANHAMMER                   BANHAMMER             BANHAMMER            BANHAMMER           BANHAMMER               BANHAMMER             BANHAMMER

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 06:17:17 pm »
I know he should be stfued, but it still is a legend we will all never forget.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 12:10:36 pm »
^^Say what now?

BANHAMMER

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 02:14:26 am »
Psh. If you're removing things from the game, that should surely be blue. Or black. Amirite.

<3 Thorn.

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2006, 02:46:37 pm »
I think you're right. Blue is good at keeping threats off of the field with its counter spells, but once the threat breaks through, I think it has a hard time from there. Black is good at doing really nasty stuff but is the most likely color to self destruct. Red is good at general destruction of stuff on the field, and life as well as having a strong early game, but its also likely to self destruct and has a weaker late game. White is good at defens and has a strong late game, but its early game is a bit lacking. Then again, I read this from an earlier analysis of the way the game works so it might have changed a bit with new sets.

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2006, 03:59:15 pm »
The way I see it is this:

Blue is Trickery.
You keep your opponents spells out of play, either by countering, or removing, nullifying... etc. You also generally mess things up... mess up libraries, hands, perhaps graveyards, and playing fields. You poke with your Prodigal Sorcerer which can kill an opponent in 20 short turns.

Black is Necromancy
You kill stuff, you bring stuff back, you raise undead minions. You apply 'curses' which cut power and toughness, you do some pretty evil stuff. Some of it is so evil you make sacrifices to deal heavy blows.

White is Defensive
You protect (CoP ftw), you heal, you revive. You enchant and disenchant the playing field. Enchant it with effects that give you life, disenchant those evil Black and Blue ones that mess everything up. You provide walls. Most importantly, you heal and prevent damage.

Green is Monstruous.
You have some really effing big creatures. Those cards you have that aren't creatures, heck, you can turn them into creatures too. Those not so effing big creatures... well, let's enchant them and make them bigger. And better. Rawr.

Red is Damaging
Sure the creatures aren't as big, but there's more than one way to drain life. Play sorceries to directly hurt your opponent and their creatures... destroy lands. Destroy stuff generally. Craft weapons that give your creatures more power.

Of course, these aren't set guidelines. Blue can provide some good walls and some good life recovery. Black can have some big Horrors, Green tends to do a bit of recovery and graveyard-creature work. They all tend to dabble with tokens.

Multicoloured ftw~
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2006, 08:16:57 pm »
Blue is good at keeping threats off of the field with its counter spells, but once the threat breaks through, I think it has a hard time from there.
Then again, I read this from an earlier analysis of the way the game works so it might have changed a bit with new sets.

Well, when I stopped playing, Blue got murdered. I can't remember whether it was 8th or 9th edition when they decided to remove Counterspell from Type 2 play. Basically all blue had was a couple of nifty counters and Stifle, which pwns but you can never have enough of them in a deck.

<3 Thorn.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2006, 08:44:07 pm »
Every time you use marquee, God kills uh... lots of innocent things.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2006, 09:37:44 am »
God is going to kill LOTS of small, innocent things                                                       oh and BANHAMMER

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2006, 05:02:18 pm »
Seriously, why does that marquee... er... 'move' button still exist?

Offline F-Man

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2006, 11:50:25 pm »
Seriously, why does that marquee... er... 'move' button still exist?
Cause I don't know in which file BBcode buttons and functions are stored.

And Rolken is a lazy bum.

Offline bigboy1122

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2006, 12:03:27 am »
BANHAMMER?
Quit it wit the Banhammer crap already dam bum!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2006, 12:41:48 am »
BANHAMMER?
Quit it wit the Banhammer crap already dam bum!

fu

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2006, 01:08:56 am »
The Darwin Awards ftw.
Also, I may as well contribute some of my own myths.

No, not that silly "pop-rocks and soda" jibber-jabber.

I'm not sure of the validity of this, but there I've heard a myth that a man lost his thumb because of a grocery conveyor belt. Supposedly, the man was leaning on a grocery convery belt and his got caught in the wedged space where the belt loops, From there, it pulled his thumb up and hooked over his nail. The bagboy, noticing this, tried to pull him off the belt, but his thumb would not free up, so he turned off the belt. This only jammed his thumb in further, however (see also Newton's three laws). Exerting his full strength, the bagboy tried to pull him again, and he was free. Minus, of course, his thumb.

Another interesting story that I've heard is that hopps and grains fermented in a man's stomach, causing him to die of alcohol poisoning. Obviously a myth, but still funny. In that someone would eat that much hopps. And grains.

This next story was culled off of a "scientific website" and yet I still doubt very much the probability of this. Supposedly, 25 pounds of chocolate has the same effect on the brain as smoking marijuana. The stomach, however, can only hold 2 liters. So how did they find this out? I mean surely you can't do something as easy as have someone eat a pound of chocolate  and multiply the effect by 25. Mull this over and invent your own theories about intravenous injections.

I am spent in that I can not think of any number of myths that I have heard.

And you have no right to the BANHAMMER RPG.BANHAMMERBANHAMMERBANHAMMER

I HOPE YOU DO

Print

Hits: 886 | Hits This Month: 11 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.23 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.