don't click here

Creating a List of Games that, you know, Don't Suck

Print

Author Topic: Creating a List of Games that, you know, Don't Suck  (Read 3569 times)

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
Creating a List of Games that, you know, Don't Suck
« on: June 18, 2006, 10:33:25 am »
The majority of video games suck. Most every sensible player has realised this. Unfortunately, by the time it becomes clear that a game, you know, sucks, it has likely been purchased. And returning games can be dumb at times, if not frowned upon. With most reviews being "zomg  it's from a certain series and therefore good", games are rarely ranked judiciously and tend to sound better than they really are.

So I propose that we create a user-based list of games that don't suck. Someone would nominate a game for not sucking, and it would either be approved or contested. This would affect the percentage of people who liked the game (approved/total), and give people an idea of which games to avoid or otherwhise. Think Rotten Tomatoes but on a smaller scale and for people who are a little more critical of games. If a game reached below a certain percent after a certain ammount of votes, it would be stricken from the list and perhaps moved to a section like "Games that Suck or are Meh on the Whole". Since this would be a list of games not that people partially enjoyed but instead of those that people had a great time playing, then the percentage for a game being considered "not sucky", would be somewhat high (something such as 80%). A suggested game might even be ranked within system or genre.

I know that this sounds ambitious and should be given low priority, but I just want to run the suggestion by. Rolken is busy so if this were to be eventually implimented into the site's layout, it would likely be forum-based.

And perhaps on a slightly less drastic scale, something along the lines of a "Gaming Reviews" section should be created.

Thoughts?

Also if I remember correctly, this is the first post in which I have used the word "suck".

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline SprintGod

Or not.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 12:01:14 pm »
If you don't want people to treat you like you're stupid, then your best defence is to not be stupid.

Print

Hits: 664 | Hits This Month: 8 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 989.55 KB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.