don't click here

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Print

Author Topic: -x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-  (Read 15362 times)

Offline Ring Rush

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
« on: March 06, 2007, 09:30:42 pm »
This topic is useless now with a surprising development in SAing and the banning of a few skills.

Okay, I think I found a score where S&A may have finally slipped up on his act. Go to SO3 for SSR.

http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sonic_and_the_secret_rings/scores/sand_oasis/mission_3

S&A - 824
ks8 - 510
Me and Rolk - 494
More people - More Scores

So S&A is beating us, by a lot.

- We have gotten almost every point possible in that level.
- That is a short level and almost no oppurtunities to miss something
- Even if we did miss something, it almost certainly isn't THREE HUNDRED POINTS! Thats massive in SSR!
- Time doesn't matter for SAs.

S&A couldn't have gotten that score. There was no way available.

A similar arguement is there for SO2. I got every single ring, pearl, and enemy in that stage. Yet S&A claims to beat me by 200 points.

I call BS.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 10:41:13 pm by Ring Rush »
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline Rolken

Re: Hey S&A, I CALL BS.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 09:40:10 pm »
I am tired of this constant presumption that S&A is lying. Yes, he is annoying. But as far as I know he has never been challenged and unable to provide proof of his records. Yes, it is possible that in this one instance he lied. But jumping all over him before he has a chance to respond is poor form, unwarranted and unnecessary, and it had best stop.

TSC history is full of the withered remains of "but there's no way that's possible" arguments. Assuming you know everything about the game two days after rankings go up is particularly crude. A little less arrogance is in order.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 10:09:02 pm »
I just want him to video tape a score of 750 or higher. I'll get off his case then. I don't care if I end up being wrong, I just want to compete. And I want to compete against fair people. No point breaking my back if its impossible to get a single record, no matter how perfect you are.

Now go ahead S&A, make me look like an idiot. Post your 750 or higher vid on SO3. AND NO CHANGING YOUR SCORE SAYING YOU MADE A MISTAKE.

I think S&A is a lot smarter than we give him credit for. He knows not to spam high records, or else he will become suspicious. Thats why he tends to do one section or one or two records per game. Also note that his best games are the newly released games, the ones where he has the most room to cheat.

Also, in the chatroom, S&A says some things that are too obviously stupid, showing that he is smarter than he lets on. Seriously, pulling out your game cart to find out how to spell the title (while the game is on)? ITS SONIC RUSH. His stupidity is obviously a cry for attention, not true stupidity (though he may have some-a lot of that too :))

Once again, I will say: "Prove me wrong." I do not care what the outcome of this is, whether I or S&A look like an idiot. I just want to compete.
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 10:13:08 pm »
I honestly hope he doesn't prove proof are you're getting a lot more annouying than the King of Morons. Read the TSC Constitution and come back. Like I said in the chat, a moron doesn't equal a liar/ cheater. Figure out what you should do, and derive a strategy and beat him. The game has been out for 2 weeks, there are bound to be game breaking stuff happening and more to come. Get over it, please, or don't and just shut up about it, either works. :(
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline F-Man

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 10:15:45 pm »
I would like to say it is a bit unfair to tell Ring Rush to shut up cause the game is new etc etc while he has the game and therefore knows what he's talking about (I, personally, couldn't). Instead of everyone thinking he's just not trying enough and that S&A cannot be possibly lieing, why not check that stage and form your opinion on if S&A should really be questioned or not.

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 10:17:33 pm »
...did you read what I just posted?

All I want his some proof. I'm not crying or despairing, I'm just tired of not knowing. This user is suspicious. Nobody can deny he is at least that. All he has provided was a single picture. All I want is a video and I'll get off his case. Something that is hard to edit.

I'll edit the first post to have less "emotion". Will that make you happy?

Edit: Thank you F-Man. And I don't see how this is a big deal. (IIRC)Eredani was asked to provide proof when he first came, was he not? Nobody said that was terrible. So what is so different about this?

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 10:22:16 pm »
F-Man, I'm fully aware that he might know about the stage, but look at some of the game breaking times here at TSC. Green Hill comes to mind. Emerald Hill comes to mind, Emerald Coast, Hot Shelter\Gamma, Final Egg, so many broken levels. These are from games that have been out forever and have recently been beat the shit out of. This game has been out for a damn couple of weeks and sna can't get a good score. It's like he can't know something don't.

The reason I'm so against RR on this is because he kinda is crying that he can't get a couple of records and that he wants sna to do his dirty work. I'm a person that doesn't like giving strats as I hate being defeated from someone using one my strategies and then I can't redeem it because I phail, this is essentially the same thing and RR is coming about it all wrong. This happened to me with PsyBorg, as he harrased me about Black Comet\Dark. I'm just fed up with "oh, I can't get it, so it has to be impossible~~~!~~"
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 10:24:58 pm »
The reason I'm so against RR on this is because he kinda is crying that he can't get a couple of records and that he wants sna to do his dirty work.

...what? How am I crying? How else do you want me to say that I want proof? I don't want someone else to do my dirty work for me. If S&A can do this I'll reclaim all those other records my self. Its not like I want the strategy for every level he beat me on.

And TA is different than RA. TA you can find shortcuts. I doubt you can find a technique that allows you to skip an obstacle and somehow get extra points.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
Re: Hey S&A, I call BS.
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 01:14:48 am »
I have no clue how scores work in SSR >_>

plus by the time I start, theres bound to be some changes.  I see where sonicam is coming from though and you are kinda sounding like how Psyborg used to act when Shadow was still new.  If the score is how you say it is, then how did KS8 get ahead of you and Rolken?
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline X-5

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 02:35:58 pm »
I really suck at the game, but i'll try to see what I get I guess to help the case. it's not a good idea to say someone is cheating just because you can't do it, unles your absolutely sure you know every little detail about the level and haven't made mistakes, which I doubt, but we'll see.

* Paragod goes to play & test

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 03:11:14 pm »
Also its just occurred to me. He cant even see the forum anyway so he wont see this?

And if he comes in chat again his stats get wiped heh
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Waxwings

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 05:33:13 pm »
E-Mail?
PM?

We just should give him a screenshot or something.

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 07:16:08 pm »
There are some boxes that get crushed by a pillar and I think its possible to hit a bit more than I do with speed break (via better angleing). That is how ks8 got that slight boost. That doesn't however account for a massive 300 point gain. There isn't anything in this entire game that gives 300 points other than bosses.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 09:44:30 am »
you are kinda sounding like how Psyborg used to act when Shadow was still new. 

Quiet you, that never happened. >.>

Well, I personally don't find anything wrong with curiousity. However, I think you are motivated otherwise. If not, you would have contacted S&A before you started this... he probably would have told you what he was doing anyway, but like I said, I don't think this is the case. I think you actually want to eliminate S&A completely, with the thought that if you do so, you'll have a greater chance for the championship. While you also think that it will bring "ding dong the witch is dead, all hail dorothy", it actually won't.

Anyway, I think that if S&A doesn't prove it, it's... okay, I guess, but it'd really satisfy everyone if the record was proved, by strategy guide or video. RR would not do this again because of the humiliation he gets from topics like these, and S&A would be reinforced as (from what we know right now) a legit competitor. It's TSC's decision as a whole though, so I am probably completely ignored right now.

Now that I know no one is reading this, I like explosions. Big ones. Really.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
Re: -x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 11:18:54 am »
Well the thing is, we figured out how sna's doing the scores, so it doesn't really matter if he proves it or not now as we can just beat them X)

Offline Rolken

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 11:24:53 am »
Yes, the achievability of his scores is no longer in question, so I see no need to presume guilt.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 11:35:51 am »
Well the thing is, we figured out how sna's doing the scores, so it doesn't really matter if he proves it or not now as we can just beat them X)

:O rly.

Then why don't you just explain it to RR here and now to quell his suspicions?
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Rick_242

• Always getting stuck inside walls.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 11:45:35 am »
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> since when was S&K an expansion pack to s3
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 12:15:23 pm »
PB, I dropped this topic. Hence the topic title >_>

Of course, if it wasn't for me being suspicious of him we wouldn't have found out about the new score trick so fast. This trick beats all other scores without the trick, pretty much 100% of the time. So its good that we found it so early in competition.

See? Something good can come out of curiousity :x

Now someone lock this.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 12:24:30 pm »
I am obviously not a good reader when I am home sick >.>

Still, I do like big explosions.

Print

Hits: 712 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.23 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.