Version 3.0 of Sonic 1 Megamix has been made public
. For those not In the Know
, Megamix is basically the best Sonic hack ever made; better than most official releases. Seriously. Tweaker's comments from the Megamix topic
Some highlights from version 3.0:
- All level layouts edited (some complete; others pending)
- Each character now has a unique set of moves (though Sonic and Shadow share homing attack)
- Most levels (not all) have a small intro, ala S3K, where they perform some sort of action when starting the level. i.e, running in from the left.
- Shitload of music edits
- There is now a "preferences" screen, where you can customize certain aspects of the game (suggestions are welcome)
- Cheat codes have been changed - figuring them out will grant you access to a new, special level select (which is a bit buggy - just don't hit left/right on zone selections =P)
- "Original Mode" allows you to play the original levels from Sonic the Hedgehog, using all of the additions from Sonic Megamix (such as bugfixes, moves, preferences, etc). There is also a seperate save slot for a character's original mode.
- Title screen demos have been edited. Credits demos have not.
- Super forms have been added.
- Elemental shields, ala S3K, have been added.
- Credits have been edited; each character has a unique end pose on the ending sequence.
- Various other changes. See the Wiki page for more info.
This is, pending future changes, considered a "complete" release. Future changes are planned, but not assured. More information can be found on the Manual/Wiki page, located here: http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_1_Megamix
Comments and suggestions are entirely welcome. Bugfix releases are entirely possible, so if you find what could be considered a vital "bug" (and not, say, an error from using debug mode), it may be fixed in a future bugfix release (though personally I'd like to avoid making too many of these).
So, without further delay, the download link: http://www.fileden.com/files/15774/Sonic%201%20Megamix%20v3.0.zip