don't click here

Post your face!

Print

Author Topic: Post your face!  (Read 707380 times)

Offline Stefan

Re: Post your face!
« Reply #210 on: October 26, 2008, 11:03:18 pm »
So, for an easy Halloween cop out, I decided to do a scene kid. This is my awesome hair as a result.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #211 on: October 28, 2008, 11:25:03 am »
I lolled

That is pretty awesome hair I must admit
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 28, 2008, 05:21:53 pm »
I think I'll have to put my hair in a 3-foot faux hawk before too long, just for the comic value...

you guys laugh at me often enough it's about time I give you a reason!
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Alondite

« Reply #213 on: October 28, 2008, 10:07:19 pm »
Lol Stef that is epic.  Reminds me of some of my hair shenanigans when I was a young'n

Ok and getting back to Aita's "tell us about yourself" stuff...

Well, I'm about 6'1", 211 lbs, and I have a wonderful girlfriend (/fiance...shh it's a secret).  I'm very active, and was voted "most athletic" for our senior superlatives at my high school.  I like playing sports (minus the fail ones like baseball) and I race motocross (until recently...I'm just too poor to make my bike run well enough >_>). 

I started playing games before I was 2, and beat my first game (LoZ) when I was 4. 2 years later I beat the second quest.  Shortly after that we got out Mega Drive at which point I fell in love with such games as Sonic.  I would not own another Nintendo console until the N64 (but I did have every variation of the game boy up until the SP)

The first game I never bought was Sonic 2.  I remember hiding it behind my bed so nobody else would play it.  I was never very good at it when I was younger (but that is not so now! I even have some decent stats in it now :O) and was never able to beat the final boss :( .

Then we moved out of my grandma's house (my parents were still very young...only about 23-24 at this point) so I was MD less :(.  However for my 7th b-day I got a Genesis and Super Off-Road (which I still love)...and I still had my Sonic 2.  The one day I saw Sonic 3 in a drug store of all places (Fay's I think) and BEGGED for my mom to buy it...to no avail.  I would be without Sonic 3 for at least another year.  At this point I was about halfway through elementary school, and hating it all.

So then Sonic & Knuckles came out...and at the time I had a sort of facination with Knux. I didn't know anything about him, but just thought he was so awesome, so I HAD to have this game if I could play as him.  Sonic 3 went on the back-burner for almost another year.  Xmas that year I got S&K...and it was glorious.  I couldn't get beyond Sandopolis 2 but it was glorious! 

My birthday next year I finally got Sonic 3...and so my love affair with the game started.  I never bothered with S3 alone, going right to S3K...and getting as far as Carnival Night 2.....>_>.  It wouldn't be long though before I figured out that drum part and I was off again! All the way to....Sandopolis 2 >_>.  Well,by sheer chance I managed to beat that one (didn't figure out how until some time later...damn sand slides...) and made it all the way to the end of the game.  After at least a year of toil the game was beaten. To this day it remains my favorite Sonic, by far. I also had the Sega Channel at this time.  Anyone who had this knows that it was awesome, and was responsible for my discovery of such awesome games as Shining Force and Gunstar Heroes.

Well at this point, I'm moving to a new house, and am about 9-10 years old.  Here is when I learned of the awesomeness that is the NFL...and American Football.  I had always been a football "fan" but never cared or understood much about the game.  I got Madden (94 I think?) And played that game to DEATH.  Screen pass to Barry Sanders ftw.  This is about the time period I first played Sonic CD, and only a few stages of it, but I wanted more! It would be almost a decade before I would play it again.  I also came to obtain a 32X at this point, along with Knuckles Chaotix (my only 32X game still).  I played it, beat it, played it some more.  It was pretty cool, and had a good atmosphere, as well as some good stages (Botanic Base ftw), but I soon tired of it...as well as all of my Genesis games. It was time for a change.

Well, I'm about...well I don't remember how old I am now >_>.  This is where Pokemon comes into my life.  I like to call these years the "Pokemon Age"...because it consumed all aspects of my life for years to come.  First there were the little comics in Nintendo Power.....WOW POKEMON IS GAY..WHAT A GAY NAME "POKEMON" I used to say.  And then they started including little guides to the game.  I started flipping through one...and then another...well needless to say I didn't stop until they were all done.  This game just sounded too entertaining for me to miss.  So I tried getting it...but at this point my old Game Boy was dead, so what did I do? Well I borrowed Pokemon from a friend.  I watched him play it on the playground...it looked so awesome, I had to have it.  Well shortly after that, I managed to snag a copy for myself to play (another friend of mine had red and blue, and was kind enough to let me borrow his red version).  Of course I didn't have a gameboy...so I had to get one of those.  Well I ended up trading something (a transformer I think >_>) for another friends Game Boy...and the Pokemon Age started.  For years all I played, thought about, read about and even drew was Pokemon.  I played constantly...along with all of my friends. We had epic link battles, trading...all the stuff we were supposed to do with Pokemon.  That red version eventually became mine...and it still has all 151..each one level 100 with NO Rare Candies.  A pretty monumental achievement for my little 13 year old self.  My blue version was the one I played over and over...red was to be untouched.  And then came yellow. OMFG the demo in Toys 'R Us was awesome.....even though it was almost the same.  MANKEY in the early game?! AWESOME! Well so I pre-ordered yellow (my first preorder ever) and my mom did one of the coolest things she has ever done...maybe THE coolest.  She bought me a Game Boy Color.  It was awesome.  Shortly after this I moved again, back to my grandma's house.

Well, so after calling TRU every day to see if Yellow came in, it finally did.  I got it, played it, beat it a few times...and then it was time for GS.  OMFG GS.  Everyone had to have them.  I knew everything about the games before they even came out...but it would be months after release before I got my own Silver version. Lame.  Well I finally got it, stopped doing schoolwork (in middle school at the time) and almost failed a grade, so I was grounded for 10 weeks (a quarter at my school) until my grades were up.  THEN I played in secret..only to be discovered and have my GBC taken away :(.  Well I eventually got it back and was able to finish Silver...and it was awesome. 

Ok....Pokemon cards.  This is where they come in, and they took over my life.  I never actaully had any good cards (at the time...I have more recently learned that many of the cards I had were actaully great).  All I wanted was a base Charizard...but I never got one until I didn't care anymore (even though he's not that great...as I know now).  Well Pokemon cards didn't last long because Crystal came out.  It should also be noted that this is the time when girls start to flock to me, and trust me I start to notice because they are cutting into my pokemon time! and for that they get the faec >:O!!!.  Anyway. I got crystal, it was awesome, played it, beat it, etc.  Also note this is a little out of order.  Pkmn cards came before GS...but they lasted until I got crystal pretty much.  Also note that a lot of this is out of order, because I think I got crystal AFTER my N64....fuck that was a long time ago I don't remember.

Here is when the Pokemon Age starts to go away. Why? Well I got my N64. This is a very crucial time in my life that needs it's own paragrapth...These are the days would change my life, and my perspective on games forever.

It was at this time that my favorite game of all time was introduced to me.  Yes...I finally played Ocarina of Time....in Toys R' Us.... >_>  Well I was lucky that my friend up the road had it, so I let him borrow SSB (which I also loved...but that's a smaller chapter in my video game history) for OoT.  As quickly as Pokemon came into my life it disappeared.  Never in my life, before or since, has a game blown me away as much as OoT.  I was captivated beginning to end.  I was in love with the game.  Seriously if it had a vagina I would sex it up.  My life consisted of Sleep, School, Zelda....repeat.  This continued for MONTHS.  I remember not knowing how to cheer up Darunia...or what the hell to do with Ruto...and then there was a spot in the Fire Temple... It was pretty smooth sailing after that though.  Never has any game had so much of an impact on me.  Zelda was my life again...only 10 years later (give or take).  I drew out my own Zelda worlds, made up items, enemies.  I used to make Zelda-themed mazes where you would have to find items to keep going...they were pretty awesome (I also did Sonic mazes...they were awesome, but more luck-based, or and Doom mazes too, but they were far less inspired).  Anyway...Zelda was my life...and it's still my favorite game ever.  I doubt I'll ever have another gaming experience like it...but I pray that I do sometime. 

And so there ends an important chapter of my life as a gamer, and a fitting time for intermission!  When we return you will learn about my going to high school, seriously relationship(t)s ,sex,the Gamecube, GBA and Metroid Prime! Oh and I move a few more times and play some more Sonic and Pokemon >_>. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 01:29:02 am by Alondite »

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 30, 2008, 05:05:38 am »
First off, I'd like to say that I feel like your anti-thesis...

When pokemon first came out, I stole it from some popular asshole at school, beat it in a few days (18-hour play-days... yes, I skipped school so I could beat it faster), and promptly forgot about the series until yellow, which I picked up, mastered, speedran once, annihilated a competition at school to prove my gaming prowress, then also promptly forgot...

Because I was having my love afair with my Renku ^_^

LoZ, LoZ2, LoZ:ALttP, DX, OoA/OoS....  in one week, straight through, eventually....

Ahh... but I digress...

I got into Pokemon early, and was only with each game (through GS, which I failed to mention...  whoops) during the times when they were hottest, and only so I could note my gaming superiority without even so much as breaking a sweat with the change in stride...

I remember when the 32X came out I fought and fought and fought to get it, but I never could...  I lived in the middle of nowhere...

still, except for the SMS, the 32X is the only piece of SEGA equipment that I I lack (Genesis 1,2 3/SCD2/Sat2(broken, sadly)/DC/GG/Nomad)

I hate OoT because of the face it gave gaming...  same reason I hate Halo, Grand Theft Auto, Guitar Hero, DDR (lesser extent), and any and all variations of the Wii-ideas-to-draw-Norms-into-gaming sect.

Popular and Gaming should NEVER enter the same realm... 

In My Not So Humble Opinion, most pop-gamers are worthless...

I say most because I cannot say all... 

regardless, the fact that you game is good enough for me...  and I look forward to hearing the rest of your story..

Odd, though... we're so different and yet I don't have any real problem with you...

that's very unlike me... kudos ^_^
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.

Offline Alondite

« Reply #215 on: November 01, 2008, 01:54:18 am »
Well I don't have time to continue my story now, but I must say OoT is far more worthy of it'popularity than GTA or Halo.  Halo was the game XBox fanboys hyped, because it's all they had.  It really wasn't that great, and only gained popularity because 1. It was a decent shooter on a console, and 2. Xbox owners were generally new gamers, and shooting things endlessly, no matter how dull the gameplay, was "cool".  GTA is popular for a similar reason, and that is that in our screwed up culture, it's "cool".  Stealing, killing, and apparently, dull gameplay and shit mechanics make GTA popular.  OoT is popular because it's as much or more of a monumental achievement in game design as any game before it or since.  OoT was a reinvention of the entire industry, very much like SMB was.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #216 on: November 01, 2008, 09:35:04 am »
I AM REPLAYING MAJORA'S MASK

BEST ZELDA EVER
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #217 on: November 01, 2008, 03:53:45 pm »
I AM REPLAYING MAJORA'S MASK

BEST ZELDA EVER
except not rly.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 01, 2008, 09:40:50 pm »
further thoughts:

to group OoT with GTA and Halo is blasphemy... regardless of my personal dislike of the game I cannot say it wasn't rather well-made.

however, there were a great many things that both Rockstar and Bungie/Microsoft did to improve upon the state of gaming.

Fable/2, for example, was inspired by GTA.  The technical advances (primarily in memory management) that allowed GTA to exist are the same ones that allow Fable/2 to exist.

I personally have to say that, regardless of my thoughts on their games and the gamers who joined because of them, XBOX (as a subdivision of Microsloth, as opposed to Microsloth itself) is a rather customer-support oriented group.

I've had a few dealings with them for various reasons and I'd honestly have to say that (except for N, who is more hit-or-miss on the subject) XBL has some of the best CSR dealings I've ever had.

Halo 3 was based on what a lot of people had always wanted, and while they found out later they didn't KNOW what they wanted, all the ideas that were new to it were, as usual, pretty cool in their own respect.

The first gamer law is to give credit where it's due...

OoT was a fantastic game, especially considering it was on a Cart, that did a LOT for the gaming industry and for the society that follows it.

GTA and Halo did as well... as did EQ, QFG, Pong, and a great many others...

My personal distaste for these (excluding QFG) is honestly bizzare, especially for those who know me...

However, that is not to say that they themselves are poor games... just that I don't like them...

Except Halo... I enjoyed the challenge, but HATED the people...  go figure

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 02, 2008, 01:04:32 am »
Halo's name is really pretty ironic seeing as the majority of the community just wants to kill you in any way possible so as to make themselves more awesome while trying to avoid being killed by even awesomer people.
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 02, 2008, 01:31:18 am »
My friend's Reply:

Halo makes sense... the above sounds like heaven to me!

Offline Selphos

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 02, 2008, 01:51:02 am »
Hah. I know some people like that X)

*cough* RPGNutter *cough*
* Pidgey FLIES AWAY FOR HIS FUCKING LIFE

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 02, 2008, 02:06:26 am »
WEEGRAGHRGARHABNKSL@:ADLKFOHAFNUJDABJKdha{p

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 02, 2008, 03:29:12 am »
he almost said adolf!

Offline Selphos

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 02, 2008, 04:58:36 am »
I dunno why I enjoy tormenting RPG like that. But it's fun

Don't kill me with your icy powers of doom :(

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 02, 2008, 07:30:34 am »
Ice Armour --> Arcane Intellect --> Frostbolt --> Ice Barrier --> Water Elemental --> Cone of Cold --> Frost Nova --> Blizzard --> Arcane Explosion spam

Bam ur ded.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 02, 2008, 03:00:41 pm »
*Equips Larry's Gauntlet of Ice-healing goodness*

Anyway, I'd like to note that you have my sincere apology for the derailment of the topic >_>

Offline Nario

« Reply #227 on: November 03, 2008, 11:14:27 am »
I have a shooped version of my face in my sig.

Offline Alondite

« Reply #228 on: November 03, 2008, 03:22:51 pm »
lame handsigns are lame >_>

Offline Nario

« Reply #229 on: November 04, 2008, 03:50:27 pm »
Of course they are. I hate hand signs so much.

I took the picture to make fun of gangstas.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 04, 2008, 07:53:22 pm »
At some point, I'll have to post a pic of my newest gear...

Offline Alondite

« Reply #231 on: November 11, 2008, 07:49:19 pm »
New pic :O

Here is my gf and I, at some centennial ball or something :\ (it was pretty lame)

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 14, 2008, 07:22:32 pm »
wow.... you look about as happy as my dog when we give her breath-treats instead of her peanut butter treats... kinda like... betrayed....

That pic makes me feel bad for you...

Offline Alondite

« Reply #233 on: November 14, 2008, 09:00:54 pm »
Oh well that "party" sucked.  I hate her school heh (that's where it was).  It's 50k a year, is a mediocre school, filled with rich, arrogant idiots.  They think they're Ivy...but they aren't even close.  AFTER the party however...that was a whole different story :).  At the time of the picture I was ok, but the picture kinda took me off guard, since I didn't think she was going to take once since she can't work the camera on her phone.

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #234 on: November 24, 2008, 11:10:36 pm »

Offline flyby

• Lurker in the Shadows~
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • Livin' the dream~
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 27, 2008, 04:51:26 am »
The expression on Bertin's face is almost exactly as I imagined it >_>
:)

Offline Selphos

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 27, 2008, 03:52:59 pm »
It's removed already?

Offline Luxray

« Reply #237 on: December 27, 2008, 02:33:30 am »
i got a NEW recent photo of me at camp. (I'm such a North Melbourne Whore XD)

I also have Koshi as well (she's so going to kill me for this D:) Also yes that's me hugging her from behind.

[/img]
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 06:15:04 am by Zeta »
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #238 on: December 27, 2008, 04:23:25 am »
Took this one or two weeks ago. And included a pic from my summery Netherlands holidays playing OutRun 2 SP yeaaa

I have a hat~

THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #239 on: December 27, 2008, 04:50:56 am »
what's up with that little girl in the back?

she wants to bite your face off...
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Print

Hits: 926 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.26 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.