don't click here

IMPORTANT: Verify your stats before submitting!

Print

Author Topic: IMPORTANT: Verify your stats before submitting!  (Read 70310 times)

Offline F-Man

Re: IMPORTANT: Verify your stats before submitting!
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 12:32:26 am »
1. I always confirm my stats before I even go to the confirmation page >_>
What he said. The confirmation page is the triple-checking part. Get it right people!
* F-Man has never uploaded a mistyped stat and finds hard to acknowledge how the hell people do it.

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 12:38:02 am »
Cannon's Core requires a time-stopping glitch to get a decent time on around here, but don't worry. It's not extremely difficult to pull off :P

In fact most of the level revolves around keeping time at a standstill as much as possible, but in Rouge's and Sonic's sections, you can freeze time permanently.

Not to mention Knuckles has a glitch that allows you to nearly beeline his segment through walls and water. If you want a detailed run of CC, or most anything for that matter, check out SadisticMystic's videos on YouTube.
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Stefan

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 11:55:39 pm »
Or my videos! they exist too!

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2008, 06:42:15 am »
i have a question. i want to submit a time for e.g. Tidal Tempest 1, but my time isnt as good as most people's on here. would i need proof of my time through a video, or possibly a jpg image from the tv?

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2008, 06:59:36 am »
It's not necessary to provide any type of proof for any stat unless directly asked for it.

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2011, 05:48:06 pm »
Ok, I'm currently banned from submitting, because I've never prooved my stats. I was new to the site, and never visited the forum. However, I now would like to start submitting some new stats, and now I will be able to proove all of them.

I'm sorry for not having proved my stats before, had I known I needed to, I would have. Please can I be granted the ability to submit again, everything submitted will have proof to go with it.

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2011, 06:01:10 pm »
Just for the record, I know ptorflaxendrosis personally and have seen all of his stats. They are NOT fake.
"Sonic Heroes is a bad game" - me (daily)

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2011, 10:14:26 pm »
I hate to intrude on the whole gotten banned thing, but you were given sufficient time to verify your stats. On the other hand, when I joined, I didn't even get the site at all, or at least the forums. And, well, ptorflaxendrosis isn't a bad guy. I would say give him another chance, but if he screws up one more time, he can't get out. You can't blame him for not knowing about the site, but, then again, he didn't verify his stats. Do what you will, guys. It isn't my forum :P(Of course it isn't >_>)

Offline Luxray

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2011, 06:47:13 am »
Instead of bumping a nearly 3 year old topic, make a new one in a relevant forum. Don't thread necromance, it's a cardinal forum sin.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 09:00:42 am »
I sent you in pm
I'm on Twitter and my essay

Offline SpanielWare

• One can dream of a new Sega console, can't they?
  • TSC: danieldude
  • win10 chrome
  • "Better behave yourselves..."
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2013, 12:59:52 pm »
^ Would you kindly care to elaborate upon this statement -- who did you send a PM to, and what did the message concern? (If you wish to keep matters confidential that's fine but your post is quite ambiguous.)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:55:58 am by danieldude »
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

<Starlight_Glimmer> i dont make the news I just report it

Offline SpanielWare

• One can dream of a new Sega console, can't they?
  • TSC: danieldude
  • win10 chrome
  • "Better behave yourselves..."
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2013, 02:55:37 am »
^ Well, that explains it then. I did find it somewhat intriguing that the user posted the out-of-context message and never logged in again. >_>
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

<Starlight_Glimmer> i dont make the news I just report it

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2014, 09:58:55 pm »

I wouldn't ever submit a stat I didn't get legitimately, I only play legitly, and I always make sure I didn't get my stats wrong. Once submissions go back up I'll have some Sonic Advance 3 stats up that I've achieved in the past and 2 stats for most rings as Blaze for Sonic Rush.
Leaf Storm 1 - 559 rings as Blaze (will be tie for #1 w/SpinDashMaster)
Night Carnival 1 - 518 rings as Blaze (will be #3 once submitted, trying to get #1 wish me luck)

This site has sparked a competitive passion for playing the Sonic games I have within me, I love this site.

EDIT: Got 550 rings w/Blaze on NC1 on Sonic Rush yesterday, got screenshot at the end of the level with 550 on my iPod.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:28:25 am by AmyRoseFan »
Rings are my specialty.

Offline Eco Kenneth Nathan

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2015, 02:56:23 pm »
A lot of people are getting away with using glitches on speed runs and submitting those stats, isn't this against the rules of the site. If this is true, I won't get involved.

Offline InferSaime

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2015, 03:43:56 pm »
Certain glitches are banned, most of them aren't. It is expected that you read the rules before you submit to the site http://www.soniccenter.org/submit/rules
Twice or once a year the admins check if everyone knows them. You might have just failed your test.

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2015, 04:02:59 am »
Don't worry about me, I didn't use glitches to submit, I read the rules already and understand them, I won't get kicked off. It's just that the chaos control glitch in Shadow the Hegehog was not banned yet and is still being used. I am not a tattle tale so I will just wait to see this glitch banned by the site if they find out themselves.

Offline InferSaime

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2015, 06:36:03 am »
Do you really expect that this glitch is going to be banned? This site is more than 10 years old, shadow the hedgehog came out 10 years, the glitch has been known since 2010.

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2015, 06:44:29 am »
Well times like those are not supposed to be existing anyway if the glitch is never used, I will still submit fair higher times even if they are at the bottom of the pile anyway. No hard feelings man. I'm just not that kind of player, please calm down now, if they use the glitch and not get caught then so be it, but the stages are supposed to be done going through the whole stage with proper use of chaos control, not stop the clock in place and speed through the area to the goal or take out black arms, or collect hero mission objects. I don't cheat. Plus another thing, my version of the game doesn't support this glitch very well anyway, it is known to freeze when I use it most of the time in the stages, thus ruining my runs, it's not worth using it on my part. I am better off speed running in a fair like manner. I have no offense to anyone who uses the glitch. They can use it all they want, but I have my own plans I keep to myself on that competition.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 06:51:00 am by Eco Kenneth Nathan »

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2015, 02:47:02 pm »
secret worlds are cheating. These skip large amount game and you will always find new secret wolrds and route will always changed. Also wall crawls skip much interesting tricks and its not look cool see when someone jumping outsite screen most of the time. I personally like watch much more speedruns without used secret worlds because these speedruns are real.
Youtube - youtube.com/user/kirbymastah1991
Twitch Stream - twitch.tv/kirbymastah

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2015, 03:44:11 am »
I am a fair player, if you want to see realistic speed runs, you should take a look on my channel at
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCsESpIcuKZsO0D3fHiDdDoA?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 09:30:25 am by Eco Kenneth Nathan »

Offline TimpZ

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2015, 09:37:12 pm »
I don't like how people can abuse the checkpoints in the Genesis games so I only do it in 1 or 2 stages where it's necessary. I still beat lots of people with those times and it's equally pleasing every time ;).

You can put whatever restrictions you want on yourself but if you want to change the rules you should make an argument in the appropriate subforum.

(just to clarify, saying it's "not legit" or "cheating" is not an argument)

Print

Hits: 433 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.23 MB | Time: 0.15s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.