don't click here

Amy needs glasses. :(

Print

Author Topic: Amy needs glasses. :(  (Read 24932 times)

Offline eggFL

Re: Amy needs glasses. :(
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2008, 03:27:34 pm »
Colorblind folk are usually guys? huh, interesting... I wonder what's the reason behind that.

Anyway, Amy is not blind! It's already said in the games that she uses a special sense to find Sonic. (apparently male hedgehogs to be specific) Of course, when she finds one, she doesn't actually look to see if it's Sonic or not. So she's only a little stupid. But considering how rare hedgehogs probably are, this kind of makes sense.

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2008, 07:46:52 pm »
Egg: Due to the X and Y chromosones, girls have to double up on the color blindness gene to be afflicted with it. Boys, being unable to have a dominant color gene on their Y chromosone, only need their single X to be color blind to inherit the trait.
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline Waxwings

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 08:02:23 pm »
Hedgehogs have dichromatic vision (fully black and white), which isn't technically colorblindness. However, she should be able to distinguish the three.

Offline ChaoRC

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2008, 01:45:34 am »
Quote from: wiki
In the United States, about 7 percent of the male population – or about 10.5 million men – and 0.4 percent of the female population either cannot distinguish red from green, or see red and green differently (Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 2006). It has been found that more than 95 percent of all variations in human color vision involve the red and green receptors in male eyes.

Quote from: wiki
Genetic red-green color blindness affects men much more often than women, because the genes for the red and green color receptors are located on the X chromosome, of which men have only one and women have two. Such a trait is called sex-linked. Females (46, XX) are red-green color blind only if both their X chromosomes are defective with a similar deficiency, whereas males (46, XY) are color blind if their single X chromosome is defective.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorblind

The rate of finding a female colorblind is an extreme rarity, more so than other traits. I guess my science teacher was wrong (!) Which is why I worded it like that. =/

Offline zappykart

• TSC: zapp
  • android chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2008, 04:28:38 am »
I know that black = no light reflected and white = all light reflected but black is still a COLOR...

definition of color:

a visual attribute (appearance) of things that results from the light (or lack of light) they emit or transmit or reflect

You can see the blackness on black things...so it is a color.

maybe that's not worded correctly...eh whatever

Offline PsyMar

• Really going to play Sonic again. Someday.
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2008, 10:26:18 am »
I've been helping copy-edit a book on digital media, and a lot of the book is devoted to the subject of "color", so I think I can help here.

The problem, really, is that there are two definitions of "color" used in the English language.

One is that of chrominance, or hue -- i.e. red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet -- which is considered in absence of luminance (where it falls on the black-white scale) and saturation (where it falls on the gray-neon scale).  Under this definition, black, white, and perfect greys are not colors (the formula for converting from red-green-blue intensity to hue-saturation-luminance intensity includes a divide by zero in this case, and thus hue is undefined.)

The other definition is of the combined result of the three factors -- a certain point in the 3-dimensional space formed by the axis of luminance, with saturation going inwards and outwards from the axis of luminance, and hue being the circular third axis.  By this definition, every color has a point, and so black, white, and greys in between are colors.
Let me tell you something about the human race. You put a mysterious blue box slap-bang in the middle of town, whadda you do? Walk past it.

"When you're going through hell, keep going." -- Winston Churchill

Print

Hits: 548 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.02 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.