don't click here

S1:RttO

Print

Author Topic: S1:RttO  (Read 12627 times)

Offline Bilan

• TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
S1:RttO
« on: May 30, 2008, 09:21:01 pm »
Rather than try and respond to a comment with another comment, I figured itd be nice to get some use out of the forum :O

cream, for SL2, my route was...IIRC the main TA path backwards...or was that SL1...anyway, Ill try and make a vid of it and some other stuff too

Green Hill 1 in 22
Green Hill 2 in a very low 28
Green Hill 3 in a low 35
Marble 1 in a very low 49
Marble 2 in a very low 1:06
Marble 3 in 1:06
Spring Yard 1 in a low 42
Spring Yard 2 in 44
Spring Yard 3 in 1:18
Labyrinth 1 in a low 1:24
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 01:50:57 pm by ARCANE ALBATROSS OF FOREBODING »
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Cream147

Re: S1:RttO
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 12:34:24 pm »
I agree that this is better than using comments. It's fun attempting (note the choice of words) to compete on Return to the Origin you know. It was good with Groudon earlier competing for superiority in Scrap Brain.

Offline Bilan

• win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 12:38:34 pm »
Groudon recorded his 55 SB1 run on a .giz, though Im unsure if hes going to publically release his path.

Ive seen it though, and Ive spotted a potential change in the optimal route, though I havent tested it myself yet

Big hint: Stay up top

Oh and more vids to be edited onto my first post very shortly

Offline Cream147

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 01:49:14 pm »
I've still got my Peter Crouch avatar from yonks ago. lol, might think about changing that. On topic, your videos are very useful. I won't be able to replicate them, because I'm crap, but I should cut a few more seconds off my own times at least.

Offline Cream147

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 01:51:03 pm »
P.S. I think that TUSC is blatently underused because some of the games here are just as fun as actual sonic games. I also think that TMC is underused...never played many MegaMan games so I don't know about TMMC.

Offline Bilan

• win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 03:16:52 pm »
Lately I enjoy playing the TUSC games far more than the actual ones.

Not all of the tricks in my vids are epicly hard to pull off, GH1's only really tricky spot is the jump into the curve, and you can get 25 without doing that, GH3's is just the jump to the capsule, and even if you miss youll likely only lose a maximum of two seconds

Offline Cream147

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 04:08:06 pm »
I've given up GH1 after about 200 attempts, only 3 in which I've actually hit that jump into the curve right. After all that, how much time have I saved? 1 single second on my personal best...it was 28 before, now 27. Rubbish.

Offline Cream147

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 04:09:44 pm »
Sorry for the double post, but I don't get why I'm so rubbish. I have played this game (forwards, but I'm crap at that too) all my life, regularly. Why am I so bad at it!?...Anyway, I'm going to try GH2 now lol.

Offline Bilan

• win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 06:11:31 pm »
It just takes lots of practice heh, as for my GH vid, thats a really hard way to hit the quarterpipe.

Just down and to the left of where  jumped from is another ledge thats closer to the top of the quarterpipe, it might be easier for you to jump into the quarterpipe from that ledge instead

Hope that helps, off to vid Spring Yard now :O

Offline Cream147

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 06:19:59 pm »
I've figured out the route for Scrap Brain 1 (thanks to your tip) but its so irritating that I just cannot be bothered to do it. I will give Green Hill 1 another shot. Yes, I could tell in your video just how hard it was to hit it like that, because you came in from quite a shallow angle. I will try from the other ledge. I'm more used to it from that kind of place (I got max rings on Green Hill 1 recently and obviously, you have to do quite a bit of hitting that curve right to do that)

Offline Cream147

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 09:16:25 am »
34 is possible on Green Hill 3. There were several times I nearly got it, but messed up the capsule jump. That's the thing that prevented me from getting 34/35. You can do the boss battle better than you do in your video, and you can shave off time at 0:21-23 in game time. Rather than jumping up that little hill, if you stay rolling, you'll roll on top of the enemy and then you'll go back to full pace. If you do all that, you can get at the spring right at the beginning of 0:28, and then if you get the capsule jump (this is where I failed), you can get 34 (and 3/4ish)

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 07:53:58 pm »
Groudon recorded his 55 SB1 run on a .giz, though Im unsure if hes going to publically release his path.

Ive seen it though, and Ive spotted a potential change in the optimal route, though I havent tested it myself yet

Big hint: Stay up top

As much as I hate to keep secrets, I'm not going to reveal my exact strat.  I will, however, point out some areas of interest.

One bounce minimum is required, though I will not reveal what you need to bounce off.
Though RPG has spotted a possible change, I haven't found a way to get to the area.  However, if you have to go through the second girder area, you should know something about the switch you come to afterwards.  Hit it a bit later than the instant you get there.  It'll save time in the long run.

Offline Bilan

• win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 05:53:13 am »
SY2+3 added to vids

Offline Cream147

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 11:26:23 am »
Nice run of Labyrinth 1. I'm looking forward to a Labyrinth 2 level, because that level is NASTY! (stupid spiky enemy things blocking path)

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 09:04:48 pm »
I was asked for my scrap brain 3 giz so here it is.

Offline Bilan

• win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 09:07:55 pm »
Not gonna keep pasting URLs into the first post

http://www.youtube.com/user/RPGnutter

Ta da, since last time, I did Lab2, Lab3, SL1 and redid SY2, although Im going to 28 SL1 before I move onto SL2

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 10:58:06 pm »
Hi speedruners! my first post here and some speedrun videos attached.
GHZ1 needs to be upgraded a lot (too dificult taking the upper way).
Notice how sonic gets into 1up passage in MZ3.

Offline Bilan

• win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 12:47:46 am »
:o hey carretero, welcome to TUSC

Awesome job on GH2+3, Ill have to redo those now X)

Havent watched Marble3 yet but I will o:

Offline Cream147

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 08:57:49 am »
I'm impressed by all the videos. I was pleased to see GHZ 3 done in 34 because...I just wanted to see it happen. (Stupid capsule jump) Oh, and pleased I know the SLZ 2 route as well. The SBZ 1 route looks...really can't be bothered to do that lol.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 09:33:37 am »
Since RPG posted the best route for SB1, I might as well post the route I used.  No point in keeping it secret, since it's no longer the best route.

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 09:58:30 pm »
cream 49 is possible with the top route. which thanks to the bounce trick from groudon is a lot more consistent :D

edit: giz'd on first try :D  the thing at the end used to always line up for me so I could just run across but not the last few times I got that far.
edit2: the giz messed up looks like I'll have to redo it :(
edit3: after many trys and a slight strategy change finally got 49 on the top route again. and I think 48 is possible
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 10:42:15 pm by fuzzerd »

Print

Hits: 529 | Hits This Month: 5 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.10 MB | Time: 0.23s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.