don't click here

Attention Brian_pso

Print

Author Topic: Attention Brian_pso  (Read 41742 times)

Offline Stefan

Re: Attention Brian_pso
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2008, 01:22:03 am »
NullDC does not emulate the game perfectly, and it usually runs at far less than full speed. It's not a good enough emulator at the moment to consider allowing competition with.

Offline X-5

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2008, 02:42:01 am »
oh.. I have personally never emulated DC so I have never used it. definitely sounds un-allowable for now, sounds too useless to make any good use of anyway if its slow / choppy, I for one could never set a good time in such terrible conditions.

Offline Jawzunx

• first person to beat Cybrax on City Escape (3rd mission)
  • TSC: Jawzun
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 02:46:45 am »
For some  reason I'm unable to do the shortcut at Green Forest anymore, so I think this is the end of my Green Forest (mission 1 and 5) time attack :(
Well, at least until Brian (or Paragod) uploads a video showing how to do the shortcut so I may be able to do it consistently again.
still can't believe what I did in 2007

Offline X-5

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 05:17:53 am »
what a n00by excuse, jawzun you n00b!

nah just kidding, brian will have a video for everybody to watch soon enough. in the mean time, my advice is to make sure your spindash is about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way charged, and try to jump and try to start going towards the screen once you line up with the green patch and you should make it.

actually there's no way I can explain it properly without a video.. you did it before, refresh your memory and do it again!

Offline Jawzunx

• first person to beat Cybrax on City Escape (3rd mission)
  • TSC: Jawzun
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2008, 11:39:04 am »
bah, never mind I won't be able to beat him anyway. His record is awesome and I don't think anybody can beat him now :P

and by the way, that wasn't an excuse, the fact of failing at doing that shortcut every time was really frustrating me :(
still can't believe what I did in 2007

Offline X-5

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2008, 05:35:09 pm »
i was just messing around :P I know how it feels when a shortcut/trick works well for you then all of a sudden you just cannot do it.

no one can beat him huh? well.. yeah right. you can beat anybody in anything if you have the desire to.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • TSC: Brian_pso
  • win10 chrome
  • Saving Chao from danger, even if it's too hard
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2008, 07:38:27 am »
Hehehe, I know what you two are talking about, sometimes I can do the plataform trick easily, and eventually I simply wake up and can`t do it anymore, that`s why I liked my sub 1:25 run, it was in a single segment :). Jawzun, I`m sure you can beat this time, I can beat it too, maybe when you watch the video you`ll do it o/

And sorry to go back to that question but... why you said the nulldc don`t emulates the game perfectly Stefan? I have it in my PC and I have seen it in other PCs too, and every part of the game is equal to the console. I`ll make a video of the game being played in the emulator with the fps being showed and you`ll see what I mean. I actually have the nullDC 1.0.0 BETA 1.6 if you want to test it. And about the fps question, it`s quite simple: On my PC, the game runs perfectly equal to the console, but if in the yours this isn`t possible, just go in the "select plugins" option and select the chankast`s sound plugin, this makes the game run at least three times faster.
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Vote for PHILLIP BANKS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2008, 10:02:45 am »
Finally!!! My mission1 video is uploadee! here`s the link:http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cifcc3mwymb. Enjoy o/
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Offline X-5

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2008, 11:43:48 am »
w00t go brian!! your first video!

beautiful run, excellent by anyone's standard. everybody knows I for one favor runs w/o restarting at any checkpoints, which you managed to do on a very annoying level, runs done in one smooth segment are awesome, are they not?

I can see how that guy from japan got 1:22 though, the main improvement would be landing on the invisible platform w/o hitting the edge and doing an instant spindash, that is a second right there..but we all need more experience with the shortcut before we can do that. eventually! jawzun will probably get 1:23 which will spark up activity and one of you will get that 1:22.

Offline Stefan

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2008, 01:33:07 pm »
Controls are poor, 'minor bugs' are rampant (even minor bugs can be detrimental or advantageous to a speedrunner), and graphical glitches are common as well. If the game is unable to perfectly emulate even controls, I would say that the emulator is probably not a high enough quality recreation to allow competition on.

And paragod, don't you think it's possible that this gf stat, done years ago, wasn't as optimized as today's gf stats? I think it's fair to assume that there may be another dc only shortcut we're missing...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 01:52:05 pm by Stefan »

Offline X-5

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2008, 03:25:38 pm »
I figure if they found the shortcut that even SM could not quite figure out on his own they probably had the rest optimized just as well. but hey like I said before it is a very wide open level, there is always a chance of some new fairly large cut being discovered. 1:22 can definitely happen with the current route(maybe 1:21) but we can never know what the future holds for us and our times.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2008, 08:47:11 am »
Hehehe, I`m sure he`ll beat it, I said someone could beat it, now with the vid you see I`m right.

Guys, I`ll be giving up the competition for a while, `cause I`ll dedicate more time to my other personal things. I didn`t posted yesterday, `cause I was the entire day with my beloved girl, and today(I waked up 1 minute ago) I decided to stay more time with her. You guys understand, don`t you? This doesn`t mean I`ll leave the competition entirely, but I`ll submit less times than before. Sucess to us all o/

Offline F-Man

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2008, 11:20:50 am »
Going in diagonal in NullDC almost doubles your speed, last time I tried.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2008, 11:35:31 am »
Maybe in the keyboard, `cause in the joystick nothing seems to be diferent from the console, and I didn`t noticed any minor bugs that give advantage to emulator players, one more thing, play with PC joysticks really sucks, when I play in the emulator I use my playstation2 joystick with an adapter, and believe when I say, it`s the better experience with emulators you can have when you play with this joystick. Playstation2 joystick on PC rules!!! \o/

Offline F-Man

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2008, 11:41:08 am »
Maybe in the keyboard, `cause in the joystick nothing seems to be diferent from the console, and I didn`t noticed any minor bugs that give advantage to emulator players, one more thing, play with PC joysticks really sucks, when I play in the emulator I use my playstation2 joystick with an adapter, and believe when I say, it`s the better experience with emulators you can have when you play with this joystick. Playstation2 joystick on PC rules!!! \o/
I use my PS3 controller. An adapter is not even needed.

And the last time I tried, joysticks were not even supported, unless by using a program like joy2key (which gave you clumsy 8 directional controls anyway). It may be worth it to check the emu again, but for now I just rather not forget about Chankast, and how it was believed to be acceptable with a good computer, until it was noticed that the joystick range was slightly higher than the real hardware, giving an approximately 15% increase in speed and jumping distance.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2008, 10:17:01 am »
Dude, I can say it, `cause I play in the emulator, 2 things. 1. The joystick is acceptabale, in the last version of nulldc, the joy2key is not needed, I used it with the first nulldc, but in the last version, if you use a joystick, I`m sure you won`t gain any percentage of speed, if you want to make a test, play the game in the emulator, go to metal harbor mission 3 and try to get to the chao with a spindash jump, see if you`ll have some advantage. 2. If you want to play in an emulator, play with nulldc version 1.6 beta, it`s too much better than the chankast, in many things, but the most important is the graphics plugin, that causes chankast to emulate the game with many annoying bugs that influences in the game play. o/

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • TSC: Cyan Ryan
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2008, 12:55:17 pm »
Using DC emulators is disallowed at TSC...

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2008, 07:29:52 pm »
Using DC emulators is disallowed at TSC...

I know it, you didn`t read the entire topic? I`m questioning this, `cause I`m sure at least in my house the emulator runs perfectly, according to the rules.

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • TSC: Cyan Ryan
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2008, 06:36:09 pm »
'According to the rules'? But the rules say you can't use DC emulators. Period.

Offline Azure

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2008, 06:56:22 pm »
OK, this topic has just fallen into the "endless debate" category.

Bottom line: I'm not that desperate to compete, If it involves changing the rules.

I'll try to fix up my Dreamcast, and then maybe you'll see some SA2(B) competition from me.

Print

Hits: 886 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.12 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.