don't click here

My friend is BSing.

Print

Author Topic: My friend is BSing.  (Read 6588 times)

Offline Azure

My friend is BSing.
« on: September 12, 2008, 02:39:24 pm »
A friend of mine, Crazy1993 recently submitted a 1:17 in Sonic's Speed Highway. This wouldn't normally be cause for speculation, except for these things:
1. He isn't the best SA speedrunner.
2. He claims to have done his run on a PC using a keyboard.
3. He also says he did not use any shortcuts.
4. He didn't have any version of the game at the time he supposedly got the stat.
5. I know him well, and he is clearly making this up.
He later tried to revoke his claim by saying he "misread" it, that he actually got 2:17, but the other problems persist.
Remember, it's not really possible to sub 2:30 (or with his skill, 3:00 or 4:00) without shortcuts.

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
Re: My friend is BSing.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 04:27:33 pm »
While the rest are good points, 2 is faulty.  I use a keyboard.  And while I'm not as good as even that, I AM better on the keyboard than with a controller.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 09:26:59 am »
Yes but it's for a 3D game.

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 09:41:35 am »
This was referencing SA/SADX, as I've played both versions.  I really am much better at the PC version.
My presssioussss....

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 09:37:44 am »
Oh. Well then.

Offline Cream147

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 05:25:23 am »
2:17 is believable without shortcuts. Even I can do 2:17!...oh...yeah...there are a couple of (developer-intended) shortcuts that I use to get that. Please ignore me.

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 09:01:04 am »
Woahwaitbackup.  Isn't A on Speed Highway 2:30?  Yeah, 2:17 I believe.  It depends on the definition of a "shortcut".  I wouldn't necessarily call certain parts of the At Dawn segment shortcuts; neither would I the light dash platform before the heli.
My presssioussss....

Offline F-Man

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 10:54:59 pm »
2:17 is believable without shortcuts. Even I can do 2:17!...oh...yeah...there are a couple of (developer-intended) shortcuts that I use to get that. Please ignore me.
The cave on the curved wall in EC2 could be the only developer-intended shortcut for all we know.

Offline Azure

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 02:36:54 pm »
Woahwaitbackup.  Isn't A on Speed Highway 2:30?  Yeah, 2:17 I believe.  It depends on the definition of a "shortcut".  I wouldn't necessarily call certain parts of the At Dawn segment shortcuts; neither would I the light dash platform before the heli.

He can't even tell me the route that he used. Trust me, he's not of a skill level sufficient to get even 3:00 with only a few shortcuts (even though he didn't use any anyway).

Print

Hits: 607 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.