don't click here

Mega Man 9

Print

Author Topic: Mega Man 9  (Read 50712 times)

Offline The T

Re: Mega Man 9
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2008, 04:44:35 pm »
Yeah. If TMMC had real Mega Man games tracked on it, I'd totally compete.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2008, 04:48:57 pm »
X8 is tracked, and I considered getting in on it for that... but at the time I was actually getting good at X8, I was already banned...

Also, I wish there was a way to track the original games, because if it were the case, I'd gladly go and own everyone in MM1-3
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2008, 04:52:52 pm »
Well, I managed to get fifth on Plug Man!  It's a tricky time, though.  Time to get first!
Hi

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2008, 05:02:22 pm »

We've got Mega Man Zero 1-4, Mega Man X5-8 (dang it Maverick Hunter X's lack of time tracking), Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Battle Network 1-6, the two Mega Man fighting games, Battle and Chase, and Mega Man Powered up (PSP remake of Mega Man 1), and we should soon add Mega Man 9 to take advantage of Capcom's lack luster leader boards.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Taillow

• Broseidon
  • win81 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2008, 09:01:36 pm »
Lackluster?  The times these people are getting are nothing short of perfection <_<

At least in the case of Plug Man.
Hi

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2008, 09:04:06 pm »
I was actually considering getting MM9 until I found out that 1) opening the menu does indeed stop the clock and 2) you can't slide...

fu MM9, congratulations on being the greatest failure ever
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2008, 10:26:45 pm »
The reason I think the leaderboards are lack luster is not because of the skill, rather because of their lack of space (only track up to 10 IIRC).

Anyway, I'm building the MM9 rankings, but will need to check out the rankings to see what levels are tracked. There's still the question of what the ????? level is. Is it an extra stage from DLC (Protman) Also added a general rule requiring normal mode to be used unless specifically stated (how did we miss this one?).
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Taillow

• Broseidon
  • win81 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2008, 10:53:10 pm »
Wait, you didn't know of the downloadable stage?  Check page one for old info links.

Also, are there other difficulties?  Aside from the downloadable ones.  I forget.  And I have a feeling time attack would only work with normal anyhow.  But we'll have to see.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 11:00:40 pm by Taillow »
Hi

Offline The T

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2008, 11:01:52 pm »

We've got Mega Man Zero 1-4, Mega Man X5-8 (dang it Maverick Hunter X's lack of time tracking), Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Battle Network 1-6, the two Mega Man fighting games, Battle and Chase, and Mega Man Powered up (PSP remake of Mega Man 1), and we should soon add Mega Man 9 to take advantage of Capcom's lack luster leader boards.

Right. Powered Up is the only real Mega Man game currently tracked, and it's on a console I'd never want to own. So Mega Man 9 would be the first real Mega Man game I'd be eligible for.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2008, 11:51:17 pm »
There's a console you wish not to own?

What kind of gamer are you?

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2008, 03:08:35 pm »
Aita there are plenty of people that desire not to own a certain console.

For example, I never want to own a Tiger game.com device.
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline The T

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2008, 03:17:51 pm »
I'm not a fan of giving money to greedy companies who are only in a business for the money and not for the art.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2008, 07:28:47 pm »
uh... if that's the case, T, then never play another post-'99 sonic game, never touch a final fantasy, put down Brawl, toss away MM9, and turn off your computer unless you're running Linux...

and @ Pidgey, I'd like to note that I do indeed have a collection bearing, but there's no console I'd turn down if it was free.... he said he NEVER wanted to have one...

While he gave kudos (perhaps inadvertently) to a game for said console...

Offline Selphos

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2008, 07:30:59 pm »
Quote from: Aitamen
but there's no console I'd turn down if it was free....

What? How is that relevant? There was no mention of things being free. Some people don't want some things, not just because of the price.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2008, 07:37:31 pm »
misinterpretation then... my apologies, T

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2008, 10:02:53 pm »
Yays, I finally got this game.
I'm a noob to MM games, so I've only been able to beat Galaxy man so far. I almost beat Splash woman, though.
Oh yeah, Magma man's weapon (forgot what it's called) can be used against the ball gaurdians.
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline Taillow

• Broseidon
  • win81 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2008, 10:46:32 pm »
Yays, I finally got this game.
I'm a noob to MM games, so I've only been able to beat Galaxy man so far. I almost beat Splash woman, though.
Oh yeah, Magma man's weapon (forgot what it's called) can be used against the ball gaurdians.
Well, any weapon can be used against those things.  I think laser trident and plug ball send them back a bit further.And tornado blow hits all four, but really, I wouldn't waste weapons on that boss unless it was a time attack or something.

Also they don't fire their laser mouse arrows until the spikeball they're firing at goes back center, and when they do, they only fire the arrows.  What I do is only destroy the bottom two so I can just focus on avoiding two of those while eliminating the bottom two barrages.
Hi

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2008, 10:37:46 am »
Make that 2 bosses, I just beat Magma man. He's easy if you have 2 E-cans.
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline Selphos

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2008, 01:04:59 pm »
ieatatsonic, tell that to Quartz. He beat the whole game without using any tanks for the No Coffee Break or something achievement.

Offline Taillow

• Broseidon
  • win81 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2008, 05:10:57 am »
Sondow, that was when I used Magma Man's weakness.

However, I did defeat Magma Man buster-only without an E-tank.  I did so for the eight bosses of 9, but Magma Man's the most annoying to do so.

Also I think I have 94% achievements.  I probably won't get Mr. Perfect, though <_<
Hi

Offline Selphos

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2008, 06:13:54 am »
Perfectionism is for noobs and/or champions.

...Oh, wait. *runs from all of TSC*

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2008, 07:07:03 pm »
ieatatsonic, tell that to Quartz. He beat the whole game without using any tanks for the No Coffee Break or something achievement.
I meant Buster-only. Of course he's easy without E-cans if you have tornado man's weapon (again, forgot what it's called)but I didn't.
BTW, I finally got 5 of the 8 done. 4 buster-only.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 07:55:54 pm by ieatatsonic »

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2008, 01:15:27 pm »
Downloaded Protoman AND Endless Attack today when they came out around 12pm.

Protoman is like a different mode really.  the knockback he suffers is really significant and the damage dealt to him is twice as much as with Megaman (probably more, but just an estimate).  Charge is nice and sliding is cool (although its hard for me to slide as often as I want...).  He can't visit the shop so whatever you find in the levels, make good use of it.  Really, just try not to get hit as much when playing as him.

Endless Attack....its addicting.  Basically you go through minilevels from the stage of a red door to a blue door and you just keep going.  There are rankings which track how many screens you've cleared before dying.  There's no timer and you get use of all weapons/rush items.  No shop items to give you assistance however.  Also there are some throwback challenges and plenty of new ones to give you frustration, but its really awesome.  Its random to wherever you visit next and each time you restart it.  Also Wing...there's a nice Heat Man stage for you :D  Also you face a boss every 30 floors and those are random and it gets its own theme music as well.

my record so far is 70 screens, but the rankings are getting ridiculous now.  I had 1st for about 3-5 mins or something.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Taillow

• Broseidon
  • win81 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2008, 09:48:32 am »
I haven't gotten endless attack due to trying to be frugal with my points (I'll probably buy it on december, but it looks fun now that I've seen it on Youtube.  And there's even the first section of Wily's first castle mimicked!  And probably MANY more.)

However, I did get Proto Man.  SJ forgot to mention his jumping shield (I love using this to kill machine gun/uzi joes) and his two-buster-shots-on-screen problem.  That one less shot does manage to screw me over on the first Wily boss, though.  And the knockback makes the third Wily stage downright hellish.

Also defeated all the 8 main bosses with the proto buster only.  This mostly isn't much different, but some boss tactics have some different methods or additions that make things somewhat easier:
Galaxy Man: Slide away from the black hole and use a charge shot when he appears.  You don't have to worry about being sucked in if your slide takes you further easily.  In fact, unlike the majority of bosses, the charge shot works better here.
Magma Man: Probably the biggest changes.  You can defend against Magma Bazooka!  I use this to advance and defend when he fires from the second-highest platform while I'm at the second lowest.  Also, if he jumps from the lowest to the second lowest, you can slide under him, (AS I PREDICTED back when using Mega Man).  But seeing as he kills you in four hits, still not easy.

Plug Man's still insane, and harder when you can only take four hits...

Nontheless, a mode I'll play passively every so often.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 12:51:25 am by Taillow »
Hi

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2008, 08:51:27 pm »
^My brother downloaded Proto man, but I haven't gotten endless attack due to lack of money. I'll probably get it sometime, but I don't know when. Finally gotten to Wily stage, almost beaten first boss (pretty easy IMO).

Update: Gotten to Wily stage 2, found strategies for first two parts of the boss.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 05:24:58 pm by ieatatsonic »

Offline Nario

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2008, 09:22:59 pm »
So, I've gotten all of the achievements for this game--I have it for Xbox 360. I must say, though: trying to get Mr. Perfect is HARD! I'm only at the fifth robot master right now.

Offline Taillow

• Broseidon
  • win81 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2008, 08:19:18 pm »
I know it's been a bit, but I have something that I must add.

I challenge you all to defeat Splash Woman using only the plug ball.

Relatedly, I have now beaten all 8 main bosses using the laser trident only, the plug ball only, and the magma bazooka only.  And Tornado and Hornet Man hornet chaser only.
Hi

Print

Hits: 496 | Hits This Month: 6 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.18 MB | Time: 0.15s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.