don't click here

Top 20 most awful games you played

Print

Author Topic: Top 20 most awful games you played  (Read 13864 times)

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
Top 20 most awful games you played
« on: September 25, 2008, 02:55:46 pm »
A dark parody of a current topic. List the 20 worst games you ever played in no particular order

1. ET
2. Friday the 13th
3. Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde
4. Sonic the Hedgehog (360)
5. Wizard of Oz
6. The NES Simpsons games
7. Double Dragon 3
8. Back to the Future (all three of them)
9. Gilligan's Island
10. Mario is Missing
11. Sonic Labyrinth
12. True Lies (the music was just awesome though)
13. Mega Man X6
14. Pac Man 2 The New Adventures
15. Bat Man Forever
16. Sonic Riders
17. Yoda Stories
18. Bubsy 2 (like any of them were that good to begin with)
19. Kings Knight
20. Silver Surfer.

Yeah, I know a lot of these were on AVGN, but I've played many of the games he's played.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
Re: Top 20 most awful games you played
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 02:59:43 pm »
1-18. Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
19. Shadow the Hedgehog
20. Sonic 06
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 07:35:22 pm by SkyLights »

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 03:19:39 pm »
18. Bubsy 2 (like any of them were that good to begin with)
GTFO my internets.  Bubsy 1 was pro; Bubsy 2 less so, but I enjoyed MD games I could co-op with my brother (he wouldn't play me competitively at anything except street fighter, which because I sucked at it doesn't count as a game).
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 06:36:54 pm »
Uh, Bubsy 3 (3D) was the worst of the series... did no one bother to mention that #2 was the one for Genesis?  or was Bubsy 4 the one for PS and 2-3 were both on Genesis...

Originally, Bubsy was a puzzle game... u_u

I kinda wish they had done something better with all those ET carts though... like melted them all and made a giant statue of Mario or some such...
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 07:11:56 pm »
Uh, Bubsy 3 (3D) was the worst of the series... did no one bother to mention that #2 was the one for Genesis?  or was Bubsy 4 the one for PS and 2-3 were both on Genesis...

Originally, Bubsy was a puzzle game... u_u
Err . . . wut?  The original Bubsy was a platformer for SNES and Mega Drive/Genesis.  It had tons of character, particularly in the level design, which was why I loved it - the gameplay sucked, if I'm honest, as the controls were pretty loose and everything killed you instantly.

Bubsy 3D was in fact both the worst and the last in the series.  It's sufficiently terrible that nobody's gone near the franchise since.  Shame, really.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline F-Man

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 08:45:19 pm »
15. Bat Man Forever
Loved this. So sad I never beat Two Face, or was it the Riddler? I think I killed one of the big bosses before dieing at the next one.

Was kinda surprised to see an Angry Video Game Nerd review of it. But it was just about him not figuring out stuff I did when I was less than 10 years old. I do admit I'm surprised I didn't find this stuff hard to figure out or insane. That's the magic of gaming back in the old days.

Oh and I'll never forget you gave Sonic '06 a 5/10 at first.

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 10:32:16 pm »
the gameplay sucked, if I'm honest, as the controls were pretty loose and everything killed you instantly.

Thus why I consider Bubsy so awful (the sucky gameplay). I also found Bubsy himself to be quite unlikable. The 3d game would have been on there but I never played it. Can't complain about games I haven't played.

In regards to Bat Man Forever, the nerd never got copy of the manual. I actually managed to beat the game despite its bad controls and unintuitive game play. I think the final fight sequence went twins->Two-Face->Big Riddler.

Yes, I initially gave 06 a 5/10. Trying to be somewhat optimistic. Despite the bad controls, wonky targeting (worse than the PS2 version of ShtH) bad camera, load time sandwiches, and loads of glitches (such a great number of glitches is UNEXCUSABLE for a 2nd gen 360 game), I found Shadow's gameplay (not on vehicles) to be pretty dang fun along with Blaze and Omega. Three additional things that added to my anger towards this game after that statement are as follows.
1. After getting DLC, the game's crap coding will not let you play if not connected to X-Box Live. I'm not joking!
2. Many of this game's problems could have been fixed with a good patch. Sega chose not to patch the game, showing that they did not care about the fact they rushed an unfinished BETA on us.
3. The game single handedly killed by competitive drive. I still  haven't gotten it back. Here's to hoping that Unleashed is good enough to bring it back.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 02:23:36 am »
Um... did I miss something?

it was originally a puzzle-based platformer, like Puggsy (though less puzzle more moving) for PC.
Then it was ported to Gens...
then to SNES...
and finally to PS1 as Bubsy 3D...

they each had slightly different qualities and quirks (iirc, PC had a different engine than the rest, as well as being less "run and don't die" and more "Find the exit, you retarded fish..."

Also, BOB THE KILLER FISH FTW!
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 03:58:12 am »
damn, quite hard since you are prone to forgot such evils.

Sonic Heroes (if you didn't see this coming, then never leave the house and close the blinds as there's a sniper ready to fire)
Sonic Blast
War Gods
Mario is Missing
Shaq-Fu
Rockman: Battle and Chase
Cyberia (not to be confused with the point and click adventure Syberia)

damn, either I can't remember too many or I hardly played that many truly awful games.  if I were to name anymore, they would dwell into the "not bad, but not good either" which is what I don't want to do.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 05:51:41 am »
I actually beat Shaq-fu...

and I know just how horrible it is...

Also, if anyone's a fan of Bullet Curtain games, please remind me of the ones that suck so I can avoid them ^_^

Offline F-Man

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 12:54:26 pm »
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic Heroes

Uh...

Gonna have to put shooters and RPGs I've played, even when it was just for 5 minutes.

Goldeneye 007
Ragnarok Online
Final Fantasy
Jericho
Resident Evil 4 (before that is very fine)

Can't remember what else.

Heck I remember playing a Barbie game on SNES and you moved to the right and jumped collecting stars and it was fun. Those games above are not fun.

Shining Force and Evolution are saved... They're good, exceptions in their genre, but good.

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 04:56:56 pm »
Sonic Drift: No seriously, I cannot see what the heck I'm even doing.  The graphics are just plain horrible.  I think the fact that my first exposure to this was on SADX stretched to widescreen may have affected this, but I've never liked driving games, and this is only worse.  2 is slightly better only because it's easier to see.

The Incredibles: Probably made worse by the fact that it was running on a computer that couldn't handle it, but the gameplay was really REALLY repetitive.  Pick up enemy, throw at another enemy, rinse, repeat.  The Incrediball level was its primary redeeming factor.  Unfortunately, there's still the minor chance that I'll play it again, if not just to see if a better PC fixes it.

Left Behind Eternal Forces: OK, mildly controversial at its release due to its subject matter, and the fact that, "Oh look, they're Christians with guns!"  Of course, none of the controversy mentioned the fact that the gameplay was just plain BAD in the first place.  I mean really, you couldn't see a THING in that game.  Plus, get this: even though there are roughly equal numbers of men and women in the city, women were restricted to health or morale professions - all construction, research, military, education, etc. fields were reserved for the men.  WTH is even the point of that?!?!

Wii Play: One, it's not a game.  Two, we already had a second controller.  Three, the third controller isn't used much more often than when we have a visitor.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 05:00:25 pm »
F-man I'm curious: Which FF did you play, did you follow the RPGRule, and what about it did you not like?

Offline F-Man

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 05:31:57 pm »
F-man I'm curious: Which FF did you play, did you follow the RPGRule, and what about it did you not like?
First one.  I specifically didn't like that there was a fight every three blocks you walked. And then there's the fact it was an RPG.

Don't read too much into it; I just don't like RPGs and shooters. RPGs mostly, as going through menus and thinking rather than acting is not what I like about gaming.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 08:31:29 pm »
Everyone has different tastes.... it's fair enough ^_^

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 10:49:16 pm »
I'm surprised you don't like RE4. What elements did you not like? If it was the change in game play style, then its a preference for survival horror as opposed to heroic horror. The earlier places more emphasis on ammo counting and being a coward against enemies, with generally weak characters. Heroic horror has the same horrors, but is more empowering to the player as it encourages the player to fight by giving more ammo and more useful attacks.

I love the new style. Much more tactical than previous incarnations since there's more stuff a player can do to enemies as opposed to just pointing in generic direction and holding the fire button (the WAAAAGGGHHHH!!!! mentality). I personally tend to prefer a more strategic, methodical, tactical approach to battle (including trying to out smart enemy AI through sniper assaination, bottle necking, etc) thus why I also like RPGs.

Most RPG fans these days hate random battles (myself included). Why do you think most major RPGs these stays have stopped using them (starting with Chrono Trigger and Mario RPG)? You would probably have a lot more fun playing a Tales game. Very fast paced, has a very low emphais on character level compared to player skill, and only needs menus for item, tactic, and equipment usage. Might I recommend Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, or Tales of Vesperia? Stay away from Tales of Legendia as its not that good.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2008, 11:49:58 pm »
Why don't I like RE4?

It's not hard...  Well... the parts I played...

*****STORY*****

I have a friend who is very very good in Halo 2, and he recruited me for a playthrough of the game (not the first game we did this to).  When he got to a part he couldn't clear (or didn't want to clear due to difficulty), he'd pass me the controller, I'd get him out of said spot, and continue on until I felt like his shooter skill would benefit us more than my typically cautious/defensive playstyle.

Like, we played through MMX7 with me playing Zero (mostly bosses) and him playing Axl (mostly levels) and we split powerups (and yes, we both hate X compared to "our" characters)

****END STORY****

Honestly, I didn't like R1-3 because it was trying to be a jumper movie inside a gamecase, and it bugs the shit out of me...  I mean, what kind of boss is a giant zombie who knows how to run fast sometimes?

To your latter comment, I'm not a fan of the Tales series, even though it is pretty good... go play SO1-3... deeper storyline, better gameplay, and overall better controls...

I did enjoy Phantasia and Symphonia, to be fair, but I still prefer SO in every respect (especially character design).

Offline Muzozavr

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 04:14:49 am »
Mostly I pick good games. The bad ones bore me enough to forget, but there's one in particular that sticks out.

Jumper 3.
Right, I hear you "how DARE you rant on Jumper!" Well, I'm not! Jumper 1 and 2 were awesome, and amazingly fun to play, though damn hard.

J3 sucks. The weird visual style, the half-hearted music, and god-awful controls kill all the awesome ideas it had.

That's it, I don't play bad games, or at least don't remember them!
Proud to discover a new glitch on Sandopolis 1 as Tails

Print

Hits: 267 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.13 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.