don't click here

Somethings not right here

Print

Author Topic: Somethings not right here  (Read 5216 times)

Offline flying fox

Somethings not right here
« on: October 11, 2008, 03:27:47 pm »
http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sonic_the_hedgehog/times/mission_15/silver

http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sonic_the_hedgehog/scores/mission_15/silver

Look at Groudan199's time and score, it doesn't add up. As you can see I got 29"xxx and got 48,000. But Groudan199 was a second slower than me and somehow got 52,340. It should be the same score as Kirby-54. Anyone who has played this mission knows that if you are a second faster than your previous time you will be 2,000 points more than your previous score, just look at everybody's times and scores, you will see what I mean.

Am I right to call this in?

EDIT: Also why does his score end in 340 when everybdoy elses end in 000.

Offline Parax

Re: Somethings not right here
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 03:31:33 pm »
He probably abused free roam to get a few extra points (he thinks the glitch should be fine as long as you don't abuse it to repeat missions for infinite). This is why we need a ruling on it. He abused it on Sonic mission 5 as well (without it, 36000 is max).

Offline flying fox

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 03:33:56 pm »
I have heard of this free roam and yes I too agree that it needs a ruling on it.

EDIT:
Statistics are taken from the time the timer stops.
Me clutching at straws here but theres no timer when your in free roam so surely you can't do that. Am I right or am I wrong?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 03:43:18 pm by Flying Fox »

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 05:21:18 pm »
I had posted in Rules Revisions regarding free roam months ago and nothing was done.  I'll do a revert as soon as something is done, since there's not technically anything against it currently.

As for the rule you pointed out, that would also cause issues with Sand Ocean and Cannon's Core (namely Sonic's part) in SA2(B) and Sonic's Ice Cap in SA(DX) since they have timestop methods that stops the timer and let you complete the level with the timer still stopped.  Wouldn't that mean any rings you get after stopping time on those levels not count?  Similar thing goes for score.
Exactly what is that rule referring to?  Is it trying to say not to submit anything you get before completing the level?

Offline flying fox

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 06:31:33 pm »
Oops I didn't think about SA2B or SADX you do have a point there so just ignore my edit bit of the post. I was trying to think of a reason for the mods to make this free roam thing a rule but obviously I failed there :P

I hope you didn't take this topic the wrong way I wasn't calling BS on you. I just wanted to know what happened sorry about that :(

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 06:49:07 pm »
I hope you didn't take this topic the wrong way I wasn't calling BS on you. I just wanted to know what happened sorry about that :(

Not at all.  In fact, you reminded me about the topic I posted months ago, which I just revived (and will most likely be ignored by mods again).

Offline flying fox

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 07:05:29 pm »
I'm glad you didn't, infact I'm going to post in that topic lets see if we can get something done this time (probably not but worth a go).

Print

Hits: 718 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1021.68 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.