don't click here

A followup on Unleashed

Print

Author Topic: A followup on Unleashed  (Read 94215 times)

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
Re: A followup on Unleashed
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2008, 02:26:26 am »
So how does it handle?  like a lead weight?
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2008, 10:45:36 am »
I heard from the reviews I read that the best control scheme is the classic controller/ GC controller (especially in the were hog sections). Are you using the Wiimote or a more traditional controller?
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2008, 03:05:38 pm »
I use my GC controller.

For hedgehog stages, Sonic doesn't go exactly where you point. Because he runs too fast or whatever. But even completely stopped, if you want to turn around you have to do it like a tank. Even the super speed sections of Sonic 06 were more responsive.

In werehog stages, the same applies when boosting. And while either walking or boosting, controls during jumps are more akin to Super Mario Bros. 1 (not good for 3D), where you keep your direction during jumps, moving the joystick in another direction only slightly changes it as Werehog Sonic painfully turns on himself and maybe grabs the ledge of the new platform you were aiming for with his nose before falling to his doom. Doesn't help that you're going so slow. Sometimes he won't even jump at all, and you'll walk straight into a pit.

The stiffness of the Sonic 06 controls are also still there, only made 10 times worse by all the above. Just move slight the joystick and you'll move 3 feet forward. What happened to being able to just move half a step if you felt like it?

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2008, 04:57:28 pm »
I keep forgetting that people are getting this for Wii...  even the PS2 version would seem superior...

It looks like I'm getting this sooner than I expected...

Also, what type of GC controller do you use?  1st party standard... wavebird...  pelican... 'catz?
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Print

Hits: 691 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1005.46 KB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.