don't click here

Sonic: Night of the Werehog

Print

Author Topic: Sonic: Night of the Werehog  (Read 6908 times)

Offline Crowbar

Sonic: Night of the Werehog
« on: October 31, 2008, 09:45:19 am »
http://uk.movies.ign.com/dor/objects/14294754/sonic-night-of-the-werehog/videos/sonic_trailer_103008.html

Trailer for a "film" supposed to come out in Nov 2008. Presumably a short rather than a feature.

Looks stupid and pointless either way. I suppose there's the possibility that it'll be enjoyable in its stupidity, but I'm not holding out for anything better than Archie-fanfiction quality plot and writing.

Offline Azure

Re: Sonic: Night of the Werehog
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 10:07:32 am »
...They just don't know how to leave bad enough alone, do they?

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 10:40:44 am »
What's greatest about this is that they seem to be in complete ignorance that NOBODY LIKED THE WEREHOG IDEA. Giving the fans what they want? Perish the though. Sega really, really don't have a clue what they're doing.

It's like if George Lucas made a Jar Jar movie special.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 03:28:36 pm »
...now, when I first saw it, I assumed it was a Halloween joke. Only afterwards did I notice every Sonic forum I visited going up in arms over it.

Is there some concrete proof other than this trailer that there's actually a short film coming out?

EDIT: Quick clarification... I'm not so much "omg I don't think they're doing a shot film, faggots" as "Okay, there might be an animated short... so what?" I'd like to see what about the initial announcement freaked people out.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 03:58:43 pm by Thorn »
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 03:50:26 pm »
I actually don't understand the negativity ... this looks really cool to me.  Other than, I have no idea how this fits with the storyline they're going for.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 05:00:22 pm »
Well it says "Full movie coming November 2008" at the end so that's a clue.

The issue is that it's stupid.

It's not going to be good (don't be fooled by the flashy CG, Sonic cutscenes aren't good, and this is just going to be a super-long cutscene) and yet they'll have spent money, time, and manpower on it. Plus, as I said, it's completely centered around a stupid gimmick that nobody wanted in the first place, never mind wanted to see MORE of outside the one game it was meant to be restricted to. If they're going to make a Sonic the Hedgehog short film I want it to be about fucking Sonic, not generic-furfag-fanfiction-quality-Scooby-fucking-Doo-ripoff bullshit.

Now, I will maintain that I think the werehog thing isn't necessarily terrible WITHIN the confines of Sonic Unleashed: the guns in Shadow were actually the least of that games problems, and I think the same of the werehog. But imagine if they'd made a film focusing purely on Shadow using guns and riding motorbikes. Featuring Omochao.
That's what this is.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 05:09:09 pm by Crowbar »

Offline Luxray

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 07:08:13 pm »
Graphics look good. Overall Concept....well...i think Sonic X may be slightly better than this. And Sonic X wasn't very good to begin with.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 06:14:31 am »
I refuse to believe that's anything but a joke.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 10:26:41 pm »
Address all further complaints to here. Site will update over time, it's just the trailer for now.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Print

Hits: 569 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.