don't click here

The Sonic trivia topic

Print

Author Topic: The Sonic trivia topic  (Read 35630 times)

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
The Sonic trivia topic
« on: May 24, 2004, 05:32:04 pm »
Despite the fact that S.M is the master of Sonic trivia, I still think we should have a sonic trivia topic. I'll come up with some questions, and give them point values from 1-10.

EDIT: DO NOT post answers in the topic; send a PM instead. If you get a question wrong, I'll post about it and you can't answer it again. Also, when typing a PM, put the question number instead of the quetion; it's easier that way.

Also, don't use google;it's an easy way to get certain answers. Here are some questions:
  • 1)1 pts: Which music group sings "Open your heart"?
    2)1pts:Who is the president of Sonic team?
    3)1 pts:Which new Sonic game will be for the Nintendo DS?
    4)1 pts:What was the first attack to be in any Sonic game?
    5)1 pts:What is the full name of Eggman?
    6)2 pts: Which Artist wrote eggman's theme from SA2?
    7)2 pts: Which level makes Knuckles feel "kinda stuck"?
    8)2 pts: This boss is the ultimate life form (will cause plot debate)
    9)2 pts:Chaos _,_, and _ are not in Sonic Adventure,
    10)3 pts: This character from chaotix blows up when attacked
    11)3 pts: Define "Chao", and write a paragraph about how much you love them XD.
    12)3 pts: Which Sonic level has a mechanical version of itself?
    13)4 pts: How many Emblems are attainable in Sonic Heroes without playing Challenge (don't cheat now :P)
    14)5 pts: Name 3 characters from previous Sonic games who are no longer in the series (No Adventure or chaotix characters)
    15)6 pts: How many random ring containers are in Sonic's Emerald Coast?
    16)7 pts: How many emeralds are in Sonic Triple Trouble?
    I'll come up with more later; for now, just answer these.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 03:16:23 pm by blueblaze »

I HOPE YOU DO

The Sonic trivia topic
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 05:58:13 pm »
How do we get points? I know it says to PM you but will the points be shown on this board?
omochao the worst thing in the world. hold the a button down to hover use it to fly places:/ in Wepons bed

Offline SadisticMystic

The Sonic trivia topic
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 06:07:21 pm »
He'll post at updates.

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
The Sonic trivia topic
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 08:58:32 pm »
Sm: 16 points Wrong answers: 2 pts:Chaos _,_, and _ are not in Sonic Adventure; partial credit,  6 pts: How many random ring containers are in Sonic's Emerald Coast?4
Zac-a-maniac: 2 points Right answer:2 pts: This boss is the ultimate life form (will cause plot debate)
Now I'll start numbering the questions. In the P.M, write the round, question number, and point value. Starting this round, you will only be allowed to answer the questions from the current round, unless you just start the game. For last round, SM and Zac can answer the questions they didn't already to get full points. I'll say the answers in round 3. Here are the questions:
ROUND 2
  • 1)1 point:This E-100 series robot is Amy's arch-enemy.
    2)2 points: Where in the game can you find a URL in Sonic Adventure 2?
    3)3 points: What makes Big "feel good"?
    4) 4 points: How many Mini games can you play in the Advance 2 chao garden?
    5) 5 points: This gamegear flop featured Tails carrying Sonic to an island on the Tornado.
    6)6 points: Name the chronological order in which the Sonic games occur.
    7) 7 points: Which 2 Sonic Heroes Bosses make a camio in Sonic Adventure? (Team bosses don't count)
    8)8 points:In Sonic Adventure 2, how do you "fly" past the clouds in the regular chao garden?
    9)9 points: In sonic adventure 2 how do you turn your chao into drowning puddles?
    10) 10 points: How many total billboards are there in Sonic Adventure 2?

I HOPE YOU DO

The Sonic trivia topic
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 02:19:49 am »
What happens when you get a answer correct but someone else has already answered it correct and you haven't updated it. Do both people get the points or just one?
omochao the worst thing in the world. hold the a button down to hover use it to fly places:/ in Wepons bed

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
The Sonic trivia topic
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 03:10:03 am »
btw blueblaze...there are only 2 forms of Chaos we don't see.....we only fight him in four different forms, but we see him in 5 (HINT: Cutscene where Eggman steals Tails' Chaos Emerald)....sorry if I just gave an answer away but I just felt like pointing that out.
Did you not think I had a mind?

The Sonic trivia topic
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 03:21:16 am »
but hold on what about 7 its called pefect not chaos 7 so it could be 1, 3 and 7

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
The Sonic trivia topic
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 07:49:56 am »
But surely 7 is implied, by Perfect Chaos having the power of 7 chaos emeralds?

<3 Thorn.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
The Sonic trivia topic
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 11:07:06 am »
Perfect Chaos IS Chaos 7, its logic if you think about it. Chaos is 'invincible' with all 7 emeralds, correct? Therefore, if he has between 1 and 6 (or 0 for that matter), then his form is 'imperfect', due to not having all of the emeralds within him to absorb power from. So, rather than call him Chaos 7 (which sounds pretty crap considering it would be a final boss), and rather than call him Super Chaos (which they could of done...but fortunatly didn't), they decided on Perfect Chaos, as thats as powerful as he could get, therefore making him 'perfect', even though he has flaws as he's beatable...anyway...just my 2 cents.

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
The Sonic trivia topic
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 03:04:41 pm »
Yes. And I know there are only 2 versions of chaos in Sonic adventure that you don't see.. those fill in 2 blanks. I'd accept 2 other answers as well,despite that I wrote only 3 blanks. So, I could have written 4 blanks if I felt like it, but I didn't. I only require 3 answers. Oh, and btw, zac...submit all yuor answers in 1 pm, not several. And you may as well answer all  of this round's questions: this is your only chance to.
Edit: Cosmicfalcon has just submitted answers for both rounds, and he has blown past sadisticmystic and Zac-a-maniac. In round 1, he scored 30 points, and in round 2 he scored 23 points for a total of 53 points. As of now, the scores are:
Cosmicfalcon:53
Sadisticmystic:16
Zac-a-maniac:2
More updates coming soon: Turos is answering the quesions right now, and neither SM or zac have done round 2..
Edit: woohoo! Jeffery Mewtamer and Turbos have submitted their answers. So, here's how they did:
Turbos
Round 1

Turbos
Round 2
Turbos Total: 36 points
Don't have time to do Jeffs, but I'll let you know soon
Round 3 coming tommorow.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 03:47:28 pm by blueblaze »

I HOPE YOU DO

The Sonic trivia topic
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2004, 09:26:09 pm »
6)6 points: Name the chronological order in which the Sonic games occur.

How many games, the ones on the sonic center or everyone of them all?

The Sonic trivia topic
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2004, 12:24:47 am »
Blueblaze its been 2 days since you said tommorro. Me want update on this topic.

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
The Sonic trivia topic
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2004, 07:47:29 am »
Blueblaze its been 2 days since you said tommorro. Me want update on this topic.
Actually, I posted that yesterday, but because you live in Australia, it probably appeared as being the day before. However, I will post the questions and the results in a little while, probably a few minutes after 3 0'clock.Oh, and I'll say it again, zac-submit ALL the answers in a pm, not just 1 or 2. and type the question NUMBER not the question.
Allright, time for the answers to round 1
ROUND 1 answers
1)Crush 40
2)Yugi Naka
3)Sonic DS
4)Jump Attack
5)Dr. Ivo Julius/Julian Robotnik
6) Paul Shortino
7) Aquatic mine
8)Shadow, FinalHazard/biolizard, and Sonic all have a valid point to claim.
9) 3,5, and Chaos inferno, or 3,5, and chaos control. I knew the third _ was null for chaos forms, by the way...but as you see, this has nothing to do with that.
10) Bomb
11)Nearly anything would do. Example: Chao are tiny liquid-like creatures that are protected by the guardian Chaos.  The paragraph wasn't required-you still got credit otherwhise.
12)Green Hill Zone
13) The big shocker:all 120 emblems. Ever heard of Action Replay  :P
14) Nack,Bean,Bark,Bomb,Mighty, and pretty much any other VIABLE answers.
15) 5
16)6
Now, those are the answers. Tommorow, for real, I''ll come up with new questions. I'm too lazy to do them now.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 06:39:52 pm by blueblaze »

I HOPE YOU DO

The Sonic trivia topic
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2004, 05:51:21 am »
What aboutthe scores did they change at all?

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
The Sonic trivia topic
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2004, 07:36:50 am »
What aboutthe scores did they change at all?
Nope. No change whatsoeve in rankings, except for Jeffery Mewtamer. He has 38 points from round 1.Your last, S.M. is in second to last, Turbos is in third, Jeffery Mewtamer is in Second, and CosmicFalcon is in first. The questions definitely WILL be in by 3:00 P.M. today (Eastern U.S. time). Yesterday, I was a little occupied.
Edit: A little late there, but oh well. It's difficult to search for answers. So, here are my new questions.
ROUND 3
1) 1 point:Sonic the _ was the original sonic fighting game.
2) 2 points: What is the password to the space colony ark?
3) 3 points: Name all the sonic games that sonic doesn't appear in.
4) 4 points:In Sonic Adventure,How can you get Tails past the stone door located near the ice cap?
5) 5 points: What is the range (in hours) of the lifespan of a normal chao in Sonic Adventure 2?
6) 6 points:In Metal Harbor, how many sillos can you walk on (Silos are the big towers similair to the one where the missile is launched)
7) 7 points: The Egg Emperor requires _ hits to beat when in Chaotix's power formation (List for all 4 levels)
8) 8 points:Which popular game did people claim contained Sonic and Tails, which was later found to be an April fools joke?
9)9 points:When playing Sonic Adventure as Gamma in any level, how do you keep living after the timer has reached 0 seconds and there are no enemies near you?
10) 10) 10 points:If you're Omega in Sonic Heroes, and you're falling down the area near the platform to the left  (assuming you jumped off as Omega)near the beggining of the level Egg Fleet  with shadow and Rouge with no chance to glide,without being able to touch land or the grind rails, what is the highest ammount fire dunks you can use before dieing? Please note the word HIGHEST, not what you can occasionally get (Example, if you repeatedly get 30000000000 dunks in, but you manage 9999999999999999999999999 dunks, you'd submit the latter) and Turbos, you can resubmit your answer;the question was a little ambiguos before my edit.
Now,round 4 is coming on...probably....Monday or Tuesday. Oh, and Supersonic sent me answers for round 3. He has 16 points from round 3.
Edit: Turbos sent me round 3 answers. His score for this round was 21. THe rankings now stand as folows:
Turbos
      58 points
Cosmicfalcon
       56 points
Jeffery Mewtamer
        38 points
Supersonic101
      36 points
Sadistic Mystic
       16 points
Zac-a-maniac
        2 points
mike89
         0 points

Oh, ok, Supersonic 101 submitted answers from round 2. he got  14 points from this round, giving him aa score of 36 points overall. he is still in third place. However, I accidently marked an answer wrong that was right,  so that was why he had 22 points before answering round 3.
Edit: CF. has submitted answers for round 3. He got  3 points, for an overall total of 56 points.
Double Edit:Mike sent me 2 answers from round 3, both of which are wrong. Mike, I recommen you do all the questions; you get more points that way. Round 4 is coming tommorow on Monday at around 1-2 P.M. (Eastern U.S. time)
KEREDIT: ROund 4 is today, sorry about the misinformation. First, Round 2 answers:
1)Zero
2)Chao kindergarden
3)Running in a circle loop in Sonic Heroes
4)3 (Remember chao hunt?)
5) Sonic Spinball (hence how the game did terribly)
6)I meant plotwise, but apparently some people thought I meant chronological, so I gave it to you either way. Howeever, The answer is way too long. Look them up here
7)Metal Sonic (Duh) and Egg Albatross. Where is the Egg Albatross? Enter the jungle as a character who plays final egg (Gamma,Sonic,or Amy) and work your way towards the shrine. Once there, you take a right and head towards that weird tunnel thing. You can see the tunnel Stretching towards a massive structure. This id the Egg Albatross, pointed towards the ground. If you look closely, you can even see the hawk part....
8)As Sonic or Shadow, repeatedly homing attack a plant near the cliffs in the regular garden. You'll automatically fly past the clouds into an 'L' shaped thing. I wrote A guide on this, if you want to find out more.
9)Same as 8, only you have Shadow and Sonic return back to the garden.
10) So many hateful comments about this question......so varied answers. However, The correct answer is,beleive it or not, is......8, researched by me. I went through every freakin level twice to get this total......so don't say its wrong! And by the way, I meant billboards.....not posters, so........those of you with totals of about 80 or so, good that you did all that work!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 03:02:51 pm by blueblaze »

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline CosmicFalcon

The Sonic trivia topic
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2004, 02:45:46 pm »
I'm gonna get ya, Turbos  :ph34r:
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
The Sonic trivia topic
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2004, 03:21:14 pm »
Yay, questions are here. Sorry it took me so long, I didn't feel like posting the questions yesterday. So, now, Round 4! DUNDUNDUNDUNDUNDUNDUN
ROUND 4
1)1 point:In theory, how many save files can you have in Sonic Heroes?
2)2 points:Name all the characters who are able to go super.
3)3 points: Which game is the first game you can play as Cream?
4)4 points:This Sonic character was the only character to be murdered.
5)5 points:This boss was the only boss to appear in 3 handheld Sonic games (Different versions of it, though)
6)6 points: Which 4 eggs can be found outside the Chao garden In SA/SaDX?
7)7 points:How do you get Tails to be a character in Sonic the hedgehog 1 for Genesis?
8)8 points:Name the 2 sonic games that featured characters only found in the Sonic cartoons.
9)9 points: Which character sends Sonic and Tails valentines on valentines day (not from cartoons)
10)10 points: Name the title and author of one Sonic children's book.
Ok, A few people have submitted answers for this round. They are Turbos, CosmicFalcon, and Jeffrey Mewtamer. Here's how they did:
Turbos
Total for this round:27 points
Overall total:85 points

CosmicFalcon
Total for this round:15 points
Overall Total:71 points

Jeffery Mewtamer
Total for this round:19 points
Overall total:57 points
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 03:04:39 pm by blueblaze »

I HOPE YOU DO

• win8 chrome
    • View Profile
Re: The Sonic trivia topic
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 09:05:16 pm »
Well, that was "fun".

In case you hadn't figured it out yet, almost all those answers were made up or open to interpretation.

For the sake of it, I will attempt to answer last round's questions with a lack of memory pertaining to the answers. Compare my answers with your answers!

1) An infinite amount (multiple memory cards).
2) Sonic, Blaze, Shadow, Knuckles, Tails.Others. ...Eggman maybe? G-Emerl? Nay. Perhaps Perfect Chaos, but again I lack the stamina to attempt to rationalise this.
3) Sonic Advance 2.
4) Maria
5) No answer fits the criteria.
6) More than 4 can be found outside of the two games. It's somewhere along the lines of 6-12.
7) ...Sonic Jam?
8) No answer.
9) No clue. Oh, wait. Eggman.
...Read the book. I found it one day lying on a bookshelf and can't be arsed to find the title.
10) See 9.

Wasn't that fun?

Also, consider updates on this VANQUISHED. Turbos wins, CF gets co-champion, and RPG receives the much coveted Spirit Award.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 12:29:04 am »
1. There are onlyso many memory cards in the world, so I don't think it could techincally be considered infinite.
2. I only know of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow going super
3. Advance 2 :)
4. Didn't know off the top of my head....kinda silly of me to overlook this answer
5. Isn't the first boss in every advance game a vehicle equipped with a giant hammer?
6. No idea
7.With DRX's Sonic 1 hack of course!
8. Well, it didn't feature, although maybe techincally it did since it really is sonic, but that one bug in Sonic 2 that makes Sonic look like that green dude (not familiar with names here...) wouldn't know about a second character though.
9. wtf? wait eggman did? liek for teh serious? (I wouldn't be surprised actually)
10. shit, I actually owned one of these....can't remember the name or author, only that sonic and friends were having a BBQ and this one walrus dude called somebody "keen" or something which is how I learned the meaning of that word

Offline Shadow Wedge

• Unofficial never-be-first for SAdv
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp firefox
    • View Profile
    • http://IT DON'T EXIST ANYMORE
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2006, 10:39:57 pm »
8) Sonic Spinball and Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.
<3 Sonic Rush, Sonic Riders, Sonic Rivals. Rolko-style encoding: StH JJ1 Tal+++! $++++ GM
Yes it's correct, that ! is there.

Offline qubit

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 02:15:28 pm »
1. The death of which voice actor started a complete rehiring of the Sonic video game voice acting cast?
2. According to the Sonic comics, what is Sonic's full name?
3. Which character, in what game and which actor voiced the infamous phrase "Find the computer room"?
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x
mike89: yes. yes i do.
mike89: but then i find CF odd.
Me: so do I.

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2006, 02:44:15 pm »
1. Deem Bristow (I assume)

2. Sonic The Hedgehog? *shot*

3. Shadow the Hedgehog, Vector 'da' Crocodile.

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 02:54:49 pm »
So we are supposed to post here?

1. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Deem Bristow. I didn't think his death was the reason, though.
Let's see... he died somewhere around winter/spring 2005... so the timing was right.
(Although... ugh... Sonic X... had the new actors earlier than that, the first game
with the new actors was Shadow the Hedgehog, released in fall of that year.)
I don't know, but I guess that's the answer you're looking for.

2. I can't remember exactly... __* Maurice Hedgehog       (* something like Olive, but I don't know)

3. don't know about the character, but I guess it's Shadow the Hedgehog
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline qubit

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2006, 01:08:55 pm »
RPG wins full marks for #1 *gives RPG a banana*
Marth gets partial marks for #2 *gives Marth a half-eaten banana*

#3 is still up for grabs, because...YOU NEED TO KNOW WHO VOICED VECTOR IN ShtH!! :O
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2006, 02:56:57 pm »
The VA for the infamous "F1nd d@ C0mputa R00m" quote was Carter Cathcart. I miss Vector's old VA.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline qubit

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2006, 11:39:47 pm »
Correct.  *hands magnum12 a banana*

One last one: What is the only GENESIS Sonic game to not feature the traditional ring sound effect?

The winner gets TWO bananas. :)

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough in the first post.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 12:49:17 am by theenglishman »

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2006, 12:24:22 am »
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine?

Actually, strictly speaking, there's shitloads of Genesis games that don't feature that sound.

<3 Thorn.

Offline qubit

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2006, 03:58:05 pm »
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine?

I never even thought of that! X)

I was actually thinking of a different game, but this one is okay for one banana.  *gives mike89 a banana*

Now, if anyone can actually guess the answer I intended...

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2006, 04:07:00 pm »

Offline Aere Alouette

• Float like a skylark sting like a storm
  • TSC: Greham Adelphis
  • winvista chrome
  • 250 Games and counting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2006, 08:32:46 pm »
For that last question, Flicky.
Sonic 3D Blast Champion (So many times I can't count.)

Print

Hits: 723 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.25 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.