don't click here

PoT

Print

Author Topic: PoT  (Read 35900 times)

Offline Parax

Re: PoT
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 12:34:01 pm »
Why would I go into a level (RA) expecting to get more rings than someone who said that his stat was max? Let's say person X says 100 rings is max in level Y. Now I play it, and as soon as I get said 100 rings, I just go and complete the level. Not to mention the newly found rings later were pretty well hidden anyways(easy to oversee). That's normal instinct.
Not to mention that it didn't happen twice on AR1N and JJ2D

It did - I posted 443 and you tied me, someone else (Flying Fox I think) posted 491 and you tied her, then she gets 501 and you tie that. JJ2D, fke gets 148, you tie it, I get 156, you tie me, and now Flying Fox has 166. Though I'll admit a lot of AS1N's rings are pretty hidden so it's forgivable there. I don't know where in RR1N you'd miss three rings, though. There's still the DR1D issue.

Try posting some pictures of the stats I mentioned in the last post.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 02:41:08 pm »
Now we both submit red stats(he also submitted some orange ones, but I do not since I'm not submitting anything that isn't red), and I get caught be the BS detector while he doesn't. Now, how can this be, considering his stats are usually slitghly better than mine?

Um.

Just because his stats are better than yours does not make your stats immune to being bs detected. And as they WERE bs detected and your almost complete failure to provide proof and myriad of excuses I am inclined to think they ARE bs.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Rolken

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 03:45:31 pm »
Well, I was going to implement a probation system under which you can submit stats with proof, but frankly I don't know when I'll get around to that. So instead I've lifted the ban and you can submit stats so long as you link something in the comment.

This argument yall are having isn't going to go anywhere. As for the brightness BS remark... how does brightness get unintentionally set to max?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 04:10:00 pm by Rolken »
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 07:43:55 am »
Sure is cool that I'm unbanned again, but ALL MY STATS ARE GONE? And I can only submit them with proof???

Can't you just restore all the stats I had until now? (I'm sure you can, but if you want is the question <_<)

SA2:B has like 300+ submissions, and most of them were already submitted.... don't tell me I have to go and take over 200 pictures and then another 150 for SU360
I'd be at it FOR DAYS (taking them, transferring to PC with a shitty slow USB cable, and then uploading them ALL?) <_<

Can't we just agree that I get you proof for all the red stats(or records) I get? Seriously, I can't believe you don't think I have the needed skill to get stats in orange or lower....

About the birghtness, it is not the TV. It is my fucking cell phone camera. I can take pictures in very good quality, but it's not really meant for videos.

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline Stefan

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 07:52:34 am »
It's not that we think you're skilled; it's that we think you are dishonest about what times you actually achieve with any given time committment. We aren't doubting that you're able to achieve red times; we're doubting that you actually do.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009, 07:56:03 am »
But I just showed you all the red stats I submitted during the last few days (around 12 or so). And taking a picture for every single stat I submit is ridiculous, as I said, I'd be at it for days.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2009, 08:00:22 am »
A better option in this instance would be a time scroll. Take a video and cycle through all the levels, leaving a second or two for each one so we can see the time/score clearly. That way you're only uploading the one video rather than hundreds of pictures.

Relatedly, the question of whether or not your stats are false is entirely unrelated to skill: it is quite possible for a skilled player to post a few legitimate proofs and expect that they will stand for their legitimacy over time. However, as has been stated, you've been known to submit times that cannot be attained by any means (both on this account and a previous one), which leads the trained observer to believe that you are not actually getting all the times you claim.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 08:09:49 am by yse »

<3 Thorn.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2009, 08:05:21 am »
I would do that, but it doesn't work on SU360 because of the stupid brightness, and I doubt it would work on SA2:B (although I'll give it a try)

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2009, 08:11:11 am »
I would do that, but it doesn't work on SU360 because of the stupid brightness, and I doubt it would work on SA2:B (although I'll give it a try)
you can turn down the brightness on SU360 >_>
before you click start game go to the Right/left you should see it
"Don't like sea-food? Well there is GROUND beef!"

Offline Rolken

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2009, 03:03:20 pm »
OK, I see stats being submitted without evidence.

If you haven't connected the dots here, this runaround I have to go through with you every time directly feeds into me and everyone else having to be more skeptical of you. Every time I specifically ask for stats you can't provide, and every time there's a different reason for it. If you were able to just supply something, ANYTHING, when I ask for it, I wouldn't have to go all nazi on your posterior. I took your brightness troubles at face value and spent like an hour and a half fiddling with video settings to try to get some usable numbers out of that max brightness vid; it just wasn't possible. I am not swinging my big stick around indiscriminately.

There is a long history of players who are quite skilled but who get frustrated or bored with trying to max out every single level and so they submit stats that they -think- they could get, knowing that if asked for proof they could do the level for real and supply it. This is why I have been disappointed by your inability to provide the exact stats you submitted; we already know you can get red or silver stats if you have to, the doubt is whether you actually do.

I mean, we've got a line of excuses half a dozen deep here. Do you not see how that makes it difficult to trust you? I'm trying to be as open as I can. I hate revoking stats of top players.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2009, 03:29:29 pm »
OK, and you know what I see? I see a guy who's apparently half blind. No offense, but
 iIf you would have just BOTHERED to check the pictures that were in the winrar file, you would have seen that JJ1D and SS1D are not without evidence.

That, and it's somehow hurting my pride being asked for proof in Final Rush, but I guess I will have to get a picture there as well. -__-

Also, will there ever come the time where I will be able to submit anything without having a topic about that in LD the same day <_<
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 04:32:03 pm by PoT »

Offline Rolken

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2009, 07:09:15 pm »
Oh, OK. Yeah, I jumped to conclusions there. I admit my patience has gotten thinner. The winrar method is fine.

Offline Rolken

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2009, 06:18:09 am »
I sent you a PM but reconsidered that there was no need and deleted it from the database. Apparently I didn't do a thorough job, lol.

Those shots are great, thanks.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2009, 06:42:32 am »
Yeah, it's still showing a PM and won't let me see it <_<
Anyway, this post^ will be updated with pics and stuff, so you know where to check..
Also, I won't keep these pics up forever on PB, I'll delete them after a days, but yeah, you're always on this site anyways.

Print

Hits: 748 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.11 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.