don't click here

ATTN: SoraDrive

Print

Author Topic: ATTN: SoraDrive  (Read 10313 times)

ATTN: SoraDrive
« on: January 08, 2009, 07:30:55 am »
He says to have a time of 1:13.26 on Blue Coast 1 (Sonic Rivals 2).
I think my record is too tight for being beated by 13 seconds.
I'd like to see proof: a picture or a video
I think a perfect run would take about 1:20.

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
Re: ATTN: SoraDrive
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 02:59:39 pm »
I have sent a PM and an e-mail to SoraDrive asking him to read this topic and clarify this issue. He has two weeks to do it. I have seen him online five minutes ago.
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 08:55:29 am »
Okay... Why you are not believing me? And besides, I have to fix my PSP... Well... My sister (shes only 6 year old) wanted to play it, I agreed and then it fell... And my mom dosent let me fix my PSP with her money so I have to save money until I'll get the money to fix it.... Anywayz, Its ok if you will be first place. Im just here to see everyones records not to be first. Its not my fault that I got good score.

Offline Jawzunx

• first person to beat Cybrax on City Escape (3rd mission)
  • TSC: Jawzun
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 10:16:37 am »
Hey, I believe you. It's just that some people get mad when they see their '1st place times' beaten by a lot.
still can't believe what I did in 2007

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 12:55:58 pm »
^Nobody in this topic has expressed anything remotely resembling anger. It's a matter of taking the game's physics and the level design into account, and considering "where can my route be improved upon, and how much time does it save". Unlike in the classic games, there aren't zips or boundary breaks to be found, so it's easy to envision a probably max.

That said, I do think 1:13 is just past the verge of impossible... I know there's a section of the level that I regularly screw up, but I know for a fact it doesn't cost me 13 seconds (my time is about 1:26 btw). I've considered using my saved Sonic Booms in almost every logical spot in the level, and I've compared the time spent using the barrel gimmicks to the time spent dodging them. I'll believe 1:23, maybe, but not 1:13.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 03:20:09 pm »
^Nobody in this topic has expressed anything remotely resembling anger. It's a matter of taking the game's physics and the level design into account, and considering "where can my route be improved upon, and how much time does it save". Unlike in the classic games, there aren't zips or boundary breaks to be found, so it's easy to envision a probably max.

That said, I do think 1:13 is just past the verge of impossible... I know there's a section of the level that I regularly screw up, but I know for a fact it doesn't cost me 13 seconds (my time is about 1:26 btw). I've considered using my saved Sonic Booms in almost every logical spot in the level, and I've compared the time spent using the barrel gimmicks to the time spent dodging them. I'll believe 1:23, maybe, but not 1:13.

I'll exhibit some anger for ya >_>

can this be resolved, please?
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Luxray

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 09:12:12 pm »
Yes it can. Sora if you can get your memory stick and get the save file off of it (search on google how to) then send it to me or Thorn. Preferably me as i have software that captures PSP pictures with good quality. We will then see if your best time matches.

Is this a feasible method?
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 09:45:22 am »
I have to fix my PSP... Well... My sister (shes only 6 year old) wanted to play it, I agreed and then it fell... And my mom dosent let me fix my PSP with her money so I have to save money until I'll get the money to fix it....

OK. In the meantime, can you take a picture of your 1:15:34 on Emerald Coast as Sonic? We need a picture of that exact time so don't improve it until you take the photograph.

Offline Luxray

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 12:38:01 am »
I have to fix my PSP... Well... My sister (shes only 6 year old) wanted to play it, I agreed and then it fell... And my mom dosent let me fix my PSP with her money so I have to save money until I'll get the money to fix it....

OK. In the meantime, can you take a picture of your 1:15:34 on BLUE Coast as Sonic? We need a picture of that exact time so don't improve it until you take the photograph.
Fixed
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 03:39:56 am »

OK. In the meantime, can you take a picture of your 1:15:34 on BLUE Coast as Sonic? We need a picture of that exact time so don't improve it until you take the photograph.
Fixed

Are you kidding me or are you dumb? <_<

Offline Luxray

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 04:11:48 am »
Oh i see what i did wrong. Okay then Emerald* it is.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Print

Hits: 1,115 | Hits This Month: 9 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.09 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.