don't click here

Where'd you come up with your username?

Print

Author Topic: Where'd you come up with your username?  (Read 30613 times)

Offline Waxwings

Re: Where'd you come up with your username?
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2009, 08:14:27 pm »
WingedInsignia is the same sort of cadence that SadisticMystic has. I'm not sure if I realized it at the time, but that was probably my motive.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 09:08:23 pm »
Nope Marth has one of the most powerful Final Smashes, he's faster than Ike or Roy, He has more control with his power than Ike plus if you noticed more people use Marth rather than Ike. I use him more than Ike. So I agree that we each have our own opinions and I respect that but you making fun of another's opinion is like you trying to face a bear head-on with no weapons but your bare hands.

Um...last I recall Smash Bros was not Fire Emblem, but I'll retort anyway.  

1. Final Smashes are irrelevent, as they have no place in competitive smash, and Ike is better in Brawls anyway due to his massive range and power on his smashes ;)

2. Roy is not in Brawl, so if you're talking Ike, you can't talk Roy, and vice-versa because Ike is not in Melee.

3. Usage doesn't really matter.

4. More control over his power? Oh you mean that he has no power unless he hits with his now tiny tipper hitbox? Or how about his terrible recovery and shortened range? Marth was a beast in Melee, but in Brawl he's average. You can fair spam off-stage for KOs, but that's one of his few solid KO options.

5. I wasn't making fun of his opinion.  I was merely stating the fact that when comparing them int he context of their respective game, Ike is vastly superior.  He has superior growths, a fantastic occult skill, a powerful, 1~2 range, unbreakable weapon, and decent promotion time, whereas Marth has crap growths, and doesn't promote.  He's frail, and doesn't get even remotely good until he gets Falchion.

Alondite has it just about right...

Also, he's high tier (not top) in melee, and he's only really really good for newbies (like Kaabi in the first game), or for people like Ken >_>

In FE, Marth's a joke... in Melee, Marth's pretty good (and overrated because of how well Ken can use him, due to Marth being his main... (Fox/Shiek are MUCH better)... in Brawl, Marth's nothing special, due to the meta-game being very very different than melee/SSB...

Also, the main reason that people (early-on) used Marth was because Ken made him very very popular in melee...
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Luxray

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2009, 09:52:21 pm »
Tiers are for Queers.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2009, 09:59:16 pm »
Also, he's high tier (not top) in melee

The official tier list from the SBR says otherwise.

Offline Alondite

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2009, 10:23:46 pm »
Obligatory LOL at anything that comes from Smash Boards.

Also Falco and Fox should be swapped >:O.  Marth is fantastic in Melee though.  He has an amazing disjointed hitbox, with a large (and powerful) tipper hitbox, he's fast, and both combos, and KOs well.

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2009, 10:36:15 pm »
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Print

Hits: 205 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.