don't click here

Knuckles in Sonic 1 hack: YAY or NAY?

Print

Author Topic: Knuckles in Sonic 1 hack: YAY or NAY?  (Read 6237 times)

Offline Muzozavr

Knuckles in Sonic 1 hack: YAY or NAY?
« on: February 27, 2009, 09:49:22 am »
We all know what SEGA did instead of "Sonic 1 and Knuckles".
We all know that Stealth has facepalmed SEGA and created a "Knuckles in Sonic 1" hack, which plays JUST like the official games -- it's spot on. Very professional.
The hack can be found on http://info.sonicretro.org/Knuckles_the_Echidna_in_Sonic_the_Hedgehog

Of course, hacks are the domain of TUSC, but I think that maybe an exception could be made. This hack is a logical "prequel" to S2K, is what SEGA should have done a long time ago. This hack is not a change of level layouts or anything. It's that what should have been.

So, the question is: do you want Knuckles charts for Sonic 1 enough to put up with the fact that it's a hack?
Proud to discover a new glitch on Sandopolis 1 as Tails

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
Re: Knuckles in Sonic 1 hack: YAY or NAY?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 10:36:20 am »
Rankings page.

This hack is a logical "prequel" to S2K, is what SEGA should have done a long time ago. This hack is not a change of level layouts or anything. It's that what should have been.

I think the main reason Sega did not make Knuckles playable in the first Sonic game via lock-on technology is, obviously, the level design. Watch the TAS of the hack made by JXQ and you will understand what I mean.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 10:45:48 am by Zeupar »
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 11:43:08 am »
Rankings page.

This hack is a logical "prequel" to S2K, is what SEGA should have done a long time ago. This hack is not a change of level layouts or anything. It's that what should have been.

I think the main reason Sega did not make Knuckles playable in the first Sonic game via lock-on technology is, obviously, the level design. Watch the TAS of the hack made by JXQ and you will understand what I mean.

It was cause of color scheme, Sonic's colors in the game were linked to many other things, so if you replaced Sonic with Knuckles, you would have to change a lot of stuff to make avoid problems, and I bet they didn't want to do that.

Remember how in Sonic 3 and S3K how knuckles had yellow socks (when not playing as him), it was so he wouldn't ruin the HUD number, score, rings display. Cause of the colors.

Offline Muzozavr

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 12:25:44 pm »
Wait, TUSC already has both this and Tails in Sonic 1?
I'm a fAIl.
Proud to discover a new glitch on Sandopolis 1 as Tails

Print

Hits: 1,525 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1005.13 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.