don't click here

Abt Sonic CD

Print

Author Topic: Abt Sonic CD  (Read 4740 times)

Offline Light Sector

• The Mercenary of Lightness
  • TSC: DarkSector2
  • win2000 firefox
  • I am the master of lightness.
    • View Profile
Abt Sonic CD
« on: March 19, 2009, 09:18:47 am »
I have a question about maxxing rings in Sonic CD. Would this be like getting all the rings in a particular time period or trying to get all by going back and forth between time periods. Since some rings are impossible to get without going to the Past or Future. Such as Metallic Base Act 2 where you have to go to the future to beat the level, there is no other way to beat act 2 in past or present.

But the second option ends up being a problem since you can't use the same time pole more than once in the same time period. You'll soon end up can't getting back to the time period where you still have rings you could only get in that period. So how?
I am a mercenary (paid of course). I get to kill for a living! >:)

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
Re: Abt Sonic CD
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 02:43:42 pm »
I was under the impression you had to play the game from the TA menu, but it's no longer (never was?) stated in the rules...

all my ring records are from the TA menu
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 02:45:35 pm »
Rings are tracked in Time Attack mode, so there's no time warping involved. (Zeupar, please add a rule for this, since no other admin will.) If a record seems impossible, it's because people are glitching through the walls to get rings normally only accessed in other time periods.

Quote from: Light Sector
Such as Metallic Base Act 2 where you have to go to the future to beat the level, there is no other way to beat act 2 in past or present.

Wrong. If you have the Sega CD version of the game, the level cannot be fully beaten in the past due to a diagonal spring being a few pixels too high, causing you to smack the ceiling early, fall too soon, and not reach the ledge that leads to the rest of the level, but all other time periods are fine (else how would Time Attack mode work?). This is fixed in all subsequent releases, so every other version allows you to beat the level in every time period. There isn't any release of the game where you are required to warp to the future to beat the level.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Light Sector

• The Mercenary of Lightness
  • TSC: DarkSector2
  • win2000 firefox
  • I am the master of lightness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 09:40:29 am »
Btw, how is this wall glitch done? I never noticed how to do it intentionally?
I am a mercenary (paid of course). I get to kill for a living! >:)

Offline Alondite

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 01:33:33 pm »
Very carefully, using magic.

Offline maggot

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • old-school 2D pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 11:10:19 pm »
First, you have to show what you can do without the wall glitch.
you can run, but not fast enough...

Print

Hits: 117 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.01 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.