don't click here

NEW AND IMPROVED: TSCA 2.0

Print

Author Topic: NEW AND IMPROVED: TSCA 2.0  (Read 56226 times)

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
Re: NEW AND IMPROVED: TSCA 2.0
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 08:46:39 am »
I meant that it's a bummer that you can't set the standard speed higher via an options menu, like 90+% of the RPGs out there (Also, why can't I turn off animations, heal/damage text, or the like?)
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Buizel

• Stay classy.
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Psyknux
  • win81 mozilla
  • 許しませんっ!
    • View Profile
    • The Faec >:O!!!
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 09:32:59 am »
Well, like I said, blame the slow characters. >_> At least "n" and I have good speed. <_< Plus I can use Prevailing Wind to Haste everyone. >_>

As far as animations and heal/damage text, that's just the way RPG Maker 2003 handles things. The only way I can think of to have an option to turn those off would be to make an event that, on the player's request, switches out the characters' skills for skills that have the same name, but instead call an event to perform the effect rather than using the built-in editor. Too much work if you ask me. >_>
Hay guiz, I made a table showing how many points each game tracked by TSC is worth. You should go see it.
Also v2.0 of my TSC calculator is available to use. You should totally use it.
I update these every Monday around 2:30pm GMT.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2009, 02:05:50 am »
I don't know if this is a bug or just because its a teaser, but when the Rescue RPG quest is finished, it results in a loop in which the quest repeats again but with parts of RPG and mike's squads put together. Any way, we need less generic stuff, such as fail replacing miss or stuff like that.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Buizel

• Stay classy.
  • Broseidon
  • win81 mozilla
  • 許しませんっ!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2009, 10:33:04 am »
The looping thing is the result of "n" being lazy. >_>

Also that's another thing I wanted to mention to "n" but forgot: in the original TSCA the miss message was something like "PHAIL3D" and in general had more zany dialogue (though I've already mentioned the latter to him).
Hay guiz, I made a table showing how many points each game tracked by TSC is worth. You should go see it.

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2009, 12:25:40 pm »
...in the original TSCA the miss message was something like "PHAIL3D"...
Actually, it's "PH41l3D".  I know.  I still have the old TSCA on my computer to check.
Hi

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2009, 04:58:27 pm »
Is there anyway to program passive effects onto characters or equipment? For example, giving certain weapons and characters a damage bonus when attacking certain enemies. Or even weirder, modifiers to damage inflicted or taken if the en enemy's level is higher than the characters.

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2009, 11:55:05 pm »
For effective and unnaffectiveness, in RPGVX you can assign A,B,C,D, and E to weapons, were C is standard and E is unaffective. If you want a weapon that doesn't damage *insert* type, there'd be a box (weapon creation) where you can assaign these characteristics.
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline Buizel

• Stay classy.
  • Broseidon
  • win81 mozilla
  • 許しませんっ!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2009, 09:51:23 am »
Taillow I still have my old copy of TSCA too; I was at work though so I couldn't check. <_<

Is there anyway to program passive effects onto characters or equipment? For example, giving certain weapons and characters a damage bonus when attacking certain enemies. Or even weirder, modifiers to damage inflicted or taken if the en enemy's level is higher than the characters.
For weapons you can set a particular element or elements for them and set individual types of enemies to be weak against them. For elements there are five (six in XP and VX) different modifiers: A, B, C, D, E (and F for XP and VX), where A is very weak, B is weak, C is neutral, D is strong, and E is immunity (though you can change the modifiers for each letter; the defaults for weapon elements like slashing are A=150%, B=125%, C=100%, D=75%, and E=50%, whereas for magical elements like fire the modifiers are A=200%, B=150%, C=100%, D=50%, and E=0%. In 2003, XP and VX it's possible to set a negative percentage for the modifier to indicate absorption). You can also change the modifiers as you see fit.

Sample screenshot from one of my games (EDIT: no longer online; see attachment):
[rm2k3ele.PNG]

Regarding extra damage in regards to level--you can't set a "level" for enemies from within the interface; the only options you can change regarding numerical stats are HP, MP, Attack, Defence, Mind (Magic Attack and Defence), Agility, critical hit chance, experience, gold dropped, and item drop chance.

Another screenshot (EDIT: also not available; see attachment):
[rm2k3mon.PNG]
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:33:15 am by Buizel »

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2009, 01:12:32 am »
Too bad there's no option to classify enemies by type such as construct, plant, demon, etc. Looking at the screens, it could still be done manually by individual enemies to make a pseudo group. Taking the plant example, I could see all plant like enemies resisting bludgeon type weapons (fists, staves, etc), light, earth, and water, but being weak against slashing, fire, and sometimes ice. It would be cool if all that resistance stuff could be applied to PCs.

Offline Buizel

• Stay classy.
  • Broseidon
  • win81 mozilla
  • 許しませんっ!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2009, 09:39:45 am »
Too bad there's no option to classify enemies by type such as construct, plant, demon, etc. Looking at the screens, it could still be done manually by individual enemies to make a pseudo group. Taking the plant example, I could see all plant like enemies resisting bludgeon type weapons (fists, staves, etc), light, earth, and water, but being weak against slashing, fire, and sometimes ice. It would be cool if all that resistance stuff could be applied to PCs.
Well, like I said before, you can emulate certain things with a bit of work, whether it be through events or manually setting things for a particular class of monsters. Also, just like the monsters, you can set elemental and conditional resistances for the characters as well. You can see this in play in TSCA2 whenever a dark-elemental attack is being used.

Sample screenshot from one of my games (EDIT: taken offline for now; see attachment instead):
[(640x482) rm2k3char.PNG]
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:31:42 am by Buizel »

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2009, 04:53:17 pm »
^ Star Ocean universe?
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Buizel

• Stay classy.
  • Broseidon
  • win81 mozilla
  • 許しませんっ!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2011, 06:06:25 pm »
^ Star Ocean universe?
While elements from Star Ocean appear in that screenshot that game I was making was not based on the Star Ocean universe.

As I mentioned in the other topic, TSCA2 is getting an actual update! If you haven't read the other post I encourage you to do so.

I have updated the original version, made in RPG Maker 2003 by RPG, to include things that I added in the other two versions. Specifically for this version, a new weapon has been added, though the other two versions have had this weapon since their release last year.

Specific tweaks made for this version include:
  • Power tweaks for spells and skills. Like the 2000 version, spells got a slight boost in power and skills got a large boost.
  • Characters learn spells and skills at different rates now. It used to be that they learned a spell or skill every level but now they learn one every other level.
  • Speaking of levels, I've reduced the EXP requirements to level up and placed a level cap of 8 for all characters.
  • Sondow's Psi Force skill, which is basically his "Attack" command, has been seperated from the rest of his skills and placed at the top of his battle menu under "Fight". This means you can just mash the confirm button to have him attack like you can the other characters. Also, Psi Force's damage has been lessened slightly to encourage the use of his magic. He is supposed to be a mage, after all.
  • Haste, Drunk, Psigen and Psiphon no longer last until the battle ends. Haste, Psigen and Psiphon last 30 turns, which pass by much quicker than you think. Drunk lasts a guaranteed 15 turns, with a 5% chance to sober up after that. In addition, being drunk doesn't drain doug's HP as quickly as before.
  • Speaking of these 4 skills, they now cost a certain percent of the character's Max MP instead of a fixed amount.

I'll also mention that as far as text goes, I've tried to make everything a little less generic. Same applies for the other versions.

This version of TSCA2 has the slowest battles due to the slow speed at which the ATB bars fill up, but compared to the other two versions the enemies are weaker and have less HP so while it takes longer to get turns it should take less turns to finish battles overall.

Here are some screenshots from this version:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 04:18:25 pm by Buizel »

Offline Buizel

• Stay classy.
  • Broseidon
  • win81 mozilla
  • 許しませんっ!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2011, 02:59:46 am »
In case of you didn't know, TSCA 2.0 was originally released on May 16, 2009, exactly two years ago. This is why I chose this day to release the next public build.

You can find v0.05d of TSCA 2.0 here (14.2 MB). As with the 2000 version I've made several changes since my last post, including some things that my beta tester (Thorn) doesn't know about.

A couple things I'd like to point out for this version: first is that the "code" that RPG reads during Chapter 2's sidequest was changed slightly from the 2000 version because RM2003 for some reason cannot display backslashes properly; as such I replaced all \s with `s. The second thing I want to mention is that Thorn and I did not test this version nearly as much as the 2000 version and as such there may be bugs present in this version that I'm not aware of. If this is the case please let me know so I can fix it.

For those of you wondering how long Chapter 2 is, it's about as long as Chapter 1, meaning the game is now a little over twice as long as before. Chapter 2, however, will require a bit more effort on your part to get to the end.

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2011, 11:35:16 am »
Somehow I had a feeling that those guys would show up. Nice parody of the timed switch part. Can't wait to get to town and purchase new supplies.

Offline Buizel

• Stay classy.
  • Broseidon
  • win81 mozilla
  • 許しませんっ!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2011, 11:56:24 am »
Indeed, it just wouldn't feel right otherwise. And, the parody was mostly Thorn's idea, so thanks to him for that. And minor spoiler: Chapter 3 takes place (almost) completely within TSC HQ itself. I don't think we've established whether you'll be able to buy stuff yet, though.

Also, thanks for wording your post in such a way as not to spoil anything for people who haven't played. I get the feeling everyone's either busy with the emerald challenges or are holding out until the VX version is released, which probably won't be for another week.

Print

Hits: 511 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.15 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.