don't click here

ATTN: Dark assassin

Print

Author Topic: ATTN: Dark assassin  (Read 10234 times)

Offline SonicAD

ATTN: Dark assassin
« on: July 09, 2009, 05:00:25 pm »
I see you got a :15 on Green Hill 2. I saw your picture of it, but a description of the route you took on that :15 would be appreciated.

Re: ATTN: Dark assassin
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 05:18:51 pm »
yeah how much detail

Offline SonicAD

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 05:20:12 pm »
As much detail as you can, please.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 02:31:59 am »
ok, first of all i do a couple of jumps forward to get me up to speed and to dodge the rock, then fall between the yellow spring and the spikes and jump left over the spikes, then i stopped myself at the monitor and moved right, then i broke the wall and got the speed shoe which helped me to travel faster, then i ran across the little platform and jumped before i got to the second enemy to go onto the next ledge, then i jumped again and landed breifly on that swirly thing, then took another jump onto the bridge underneath the first fish, then took another jump onto the platform with the rings and the life, then i jumped over the life and landed on the platform with the rock, then i jumped over the rock and dashed across the platforms and the checkpoint, then i jumped and landed on the enemy, then i jumped 2 times to land on the crab, then ran across to that pipe thing and sprinted across the checkpoint. Hope this is enough detail, took me about 10 tries

Offline Parax

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 02:32:45 am »
would you mind explaining the strat you used to achieve your time on Jungle Joyride 3 Day? thanks.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 02:48:16 am »
no problem. first of all, i boosted at the beginning and took a small jump, then a larger jump to get me up to the bigger platform, then i quick stepped right and took a small jump and an air boost, i then boosted to destroy the enemy and took a large jump missing the coloured ring, i then carried on quickstepping and then air boosted of the platform, then i quick stepped and then took the speed boost around, then i carried on quickstepping until i hit the spring

Offline GerbilSoft

• Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 02:48:46 am »
I've got to wonder, how the hell did you manage to ruin that screenshot? You screwed up the resolution (should've been 640x448, but it's 642x480), and it looks like the kind of image you'd get from a magazine scan instead of an emulator.

Offline SonicAD

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 02:53:36 am »
So, I know your Green Hill 2 time is completely impossible with that strategy, and I am told your Jungle Joyride 3 time is not possible with the strategy you gave for that either. Got anything to say to that?

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 03:30:50 am »
Dark assassin, there is a video on TSC which shows how to obtain 13 seconds in Green Hill 2.  To the best of my knowledge, the lowest time possible without using the strategy in said video is around 18 seconds.  In addition to this, the most rings obtainable for the 13 second strategy to the best of my knowledge is 4 rings.  Your screen shot proof of 15 seconds on Green Hill 2 shows that you have 32 rings...would you mind explaining how you got 28 extra rings in 2 seconds?
I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 06:02:50 am »
17 is possible with out it, but that doesn't really matter much.

Offline Parax

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 06:08:55 am »
yeah... your time on JJ3 is at a gap between strategies, and 26 is definitely not possible with the strat you gave. i don't remember the level well enough to say about what you'd get that way, but my guess is you would get 30 at the lowest. 26, hell no.

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 10:38:25 am »
As umbreon said, The most anyone could get was 30, maybe 29 in some cases (dsS) using the normal strat. But the drifting strat is the only one possible for such a time

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline Night Knuckles

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 12:23:08 pm »
the most i could get for green hill 2 was 19 with that strat (ive seen 18) i really doubt that he could get 15
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 08:37:38 am by Night Knuckles »

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • TSC: Cyan Ryan
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 05:08:42 pm »
Night Knuckles, people have 13 >_>

Offline Night Knuckles

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2009, 05:10:17 pm »
WITH THE STRAT THAT HE GAVE
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 08:38:26 am by Night Knuckles »

Print

Hits: 1,110 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.11 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.