don't click here

ATTN: HyperSonic7701

Print

Author Topic: ATTN: HyperSonic7701  (Read 117878 times)

Offline GerbilSoft

• Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
Re: ATTN: HyperSonic7701
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2009, 04:05:58 pm »
I got the blue screen that made me lose half of the memory on the computer around 12pm-ish that day. I needed to perform a system restore to try to 'start over', as it may.
A blue screen causing you to "lose half the memory"? Now I'm all for bashing Windows, but this doesn't make sense. How would a blue screen cause half of your system's RAM to stop working?

Offline GerbilSoft

• TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2009, 07:28:54 pm »
Honestly, I don't really know, but that's what the blue screen said, I was puzzled when I barely read it before it went away...
Did you mean: "Beginning physical memory dump: 50% completed..."?

Offline GerbilSoft

• TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2009, 07:44:02 pm »
No, that wasn't it...and I don't remember the exact wording of it either, but I know that it said something like "half of your memory has been deleted or gone", or...something like that. And oddly enough, what you mentioned wasn't there at all (there was no dump, just the mesage that half of the memory was gone...), it basically gave me two to five seconds and just shut off. Which is why I performed a system restore and got better virus protection. Nothing has happened since...yet.
Making up bullshit isn't going to help your case any. There is no message even remotely close to "half of your memory has been deleted or gone" in Windows.

Offline DBG

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2009, 07:50:38 pm »
I'm sure that if any other stats are in question, they would already have been mentioned.
You can't beat me! I AM DABESTGAMER!!!
www.youtube.com/user/dabestgamer

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2009, 04:41:13 am »
I'm sure that if any other stats are in question, they would already have been mentioned.

HyperSonic was not banned for the stats he listed there, he was banned because he sent a list of stats that didn't match up with his memory card for SA2, and confirmed that the rest were accurate. However there were still stats he did not correct that were caught by our BS detector, and as such, he was banned. He had several other stats in other games that also set off the BS detector. Naturally I cannot explain how it works as it would allow cheaters to get around it, but it IS solid and I am not the only one who knows how it works. One stat is an anomaly, 15 is a pattern.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2009, 03:28:31 pm »
Naturally I cannot explain how it works as it would allow cheaters to get around it, but it IS solid and I am not the only one who knows how it works
Come on, this isn't hard.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!

Offline SonicAD

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2009, 03:33:35 pm »
Naturally I cannot explain how it works as it would allow cheaters to get around it, but it IS solid and I am not the only one who knows how it works

Well yeah, but people are stupid and I'm quite happy to not let them figure it out >_>

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2009, 04:01:21 pm »

Well yeah, but people are stupid and I'm quite happy to not let them figure it out >_>

Douglas was speaking to HyperSonic... <_<
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2009, 11:27:44 am »
This topic has become nothing but garbage.  I trust Hyper.

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2009, 11:39:31 am »

this topic isn't garbage it's just funny.
*gets Popcorn and watches the show*
"Don't like sea-food? Well there is GROUND beef!"

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2009, 03:02:58 pm »
I HAVE NO SENSE OF TACT
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 10:08:50 pm by SonicAD »

Offline Parax

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2009, 07:47:11 pm »

Why? He's been called out and asked to prove some stats and he can't prove ANY of them under very suspicious circumstances.

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2009, 07:47:54 pm »
Ive been convinced
this sites bullshit
by me fucking cursing
Ban me

two fucking weeks and you cant let shit go wow major fail

o and btw
this sites been trolled >:D

You guys take the internets too srsly

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2009, 09:30:06 pm »
Ive been convinced
this sites bullshit
by me fucking cursing
Ban me

two fucking weeks and you cant let shit go wow major fail

o and btw
this sites been trolled >:D

You guys take the internets too srsly

Anonymous run this site.  There were many good people that were trolled in the chat and in forums just for their opinions.  Like I always say:  "Why So Serious?"

Offline SonicAD

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2010, 03:39:11 pm »
I lied about those stats

Case closed. Ban upheld.

Offline Parax

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2010, 03:44:11 pm »
May this site burn in hell for banning cheaters. Damn you all!!!

I actually find it pretty hilarious that you come here, you lie about your stats, then you get pissy with us for catching you.

Offline Parax

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2010, 03:56:59 pm »
noo... we banned you for lying about your stats.

Offline Parax

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2010, 04:01:41 pm »
You clearly have a major issue with the site in several aspects then, and a lot of people in the community have a major issue with a number of things you've posted here. So why are you still here?

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2010, 05:11:43 pm »
Your logic.

I am still here because I thought maybe I had a chance to get unbanned if I came clean. But I guess that didn't work.
I'm not banned off the forum yet, so that means I can still be here.

So basically your reason for being here is that you had a reason to be here that you don't have anymore, so now you're saying you have no reason to have no reason to be here?

Also considering your signature of "The world's greatest dramatic ban off TSC" and having been around long enough to know how utterly self-proclaimed of a statement that is, in addition to all the posts in this thread you made saying "I'm leaving in a few days, so you better give me a reason to stay," I'd be more inclined to say that you get the record for TSC's most groan-inducing, drawn-out ban. And by the way, the other part of your signature isn't suggestive of all the alternate accounts you'll make in the future at all. Just saying.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2010, 05:36:00 pm »
Actually, the point I was making, which you apparently need spelled out for you, is that you're basically saying you don't have a reason to be here and haven't for the past year, therefore I can only assume that you're just here at this point to try to go "durrr look at me" and noob the place up some more. None of this "i'm clearing my name here!!!" stuff either. If you really cared that much, you'd realize that you're caring about it on a thread on the internet in which about 100 people in your lifetime will ever read, maybe more if people keep posting in it. Your "greater than thou" attitude in your posts aren't helping your case if you cared about posting stats again at all either. So why are you still here? After saying you're leaving a million times?

My only conclusion is that you pretty much are THAT lame. Just a different kind of THAT lame.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2010, 06:09:43 pm »
So, in short, I'm right?

And I find it very, very amusing and ironic that you're bringing those rules up and the fact that this thread caused them. It's not like you couldn't have possibly told all your friends that

Quote from: Quote from: HyperSonic7701 on July 25, 2010, 03:55:42 PM
I lied about those stats

which was the conclusion that was reached in the first place, and it would have saved a thread and an apparently eternal headache.  But instead here you are, probably the person that brought those dudes to the forum anyway to troll us, and you're flaunting around a set of rules to me saying that my comments are offensive to you, when your strategy to redeem yourself here is to be offensive to us? Is that your form of justice?

I think the only justice you deserve is to be forum banned.

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2010, 06:35:42 pm »
yo dude, I ain't a moderator/Admin or anything, but it doesn't matter if you prove some of your stats. you specifically stated "I lied about those stats." 1 case of bullshit is grounds for a ban. in some cases it can be forgiven but eh, seems to me like you've been kind of annoying to most of the mods/admins, and your attitude is completely unwarranted granted the fact that you had BS stats.
in fact, this is the internet. you can get banned for doing anything.
welcome!

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2010, 06:42:41 pm »
You will never get unbanned, no matter how long you wait. TSC likes to pride itself on integrity, and we've learned from past mistakes that unbanning cheaters doesn't stop them from cheating. This may not be the case with you, you may play completely legitimately from now on. Unfortunately, we'd rather not take the chances. Is it fair to you? No. Is it fair to everyone else who wants to compete against legitimate times? Yes. In conclusion, sucks to be you, deal with it, and find another place to do speedruns. By lieing in the past, you have expelled yourself from this community.
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2010, 07:08:18 pm »
proving yourself to plus/minus one hundredth of a second doesn't help, bro. like, the fact that you have the skill to and have obtained a time to plus/minus one hundredth of a second of a time you submitted doesn't help your case. the fact of the matter is that you BS'd in the first place with CENSORED.
TSC's policy is not up to you to decide. yeah, it sucks that because you BS'd you get bannzd forever, but sucks to be you, you shouldn't have BS'd in the first place. hell, if TSC's administration wanted to, they could ban a person for having more than one 23rd place stat, for no fucking reason other than that. not really much you can do about it. TSC's system has worked for a long time and has proven to be fair to all legitimate competitors. people who BS lose these privileges the second they BS.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 09:00:04 am by Zeupar »

Offline Luxray

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2010, 07:11:44 pm »
Look, I want to end this as much as you do, but I at least need closure. I just want to talk with an admin about this. SonicAD, I think you made a rush to judgement by simply quoting what I said and leaving it at that. That fails to give me closure. If I'm going to be banned (by the way, nobody said permanently), I want to know why and where (specifically). If I am going to be unbanned, I want this thread closed. But until this thread is at least locked, it is still open for speculation.

^This isn't like school though. This is TSC, and we have our own rules and procedures.

And let me try to make this clear and crystal for you, so we can end all this.

-You were banned for posting some false stats, in which you did not prove them properly. Instead of taking a screenshot, you told a false story (obviously false mind you) which justified the ban.
-You will be banned for as long as the admins see fit (may be one day, may be forever, only the admins will know when they feel you should be unbanned).
-You are free to stay here and contribute to the site in any was possible, or to the community. In contrast, you are also free to leave.
-You are still subject to being banned from the forums if you break any of the forum rules, as am I and anyone else that posts here. Don't risk it if you want to stay on the site, because then you have 0 chance of coming back to the site.

If there is anything else you would like to know, just ask.

If that's true, there's DEFINITELY something wrong with that

Actually, all forum boards are subject to their own moderation. Nothing wrong with it at all. Just like how countries have different rules and procedures on a certain act.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2010, 07:14:47 pm »
If that's true, there's DEFINITELY something wrong with that.
The administration pay for the hosting of this site, coded this site, and run the site and keep it going. They can do whatever the fuck they want.
Now, if they went around banning people for having two or more 23rd place stats, the activity of this place would likely drop pretty damn fast. Under TSC's current rules, competition is fair, at a high level, and active. Some rules can be contested, but TSC's policy on cheaters and BSers is one of its strongest points and why its competition has such a high level of integrity and respect.

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2010, 07:19:17 pm »

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2010, 07:24:00 pm »
lol no, he saw that you lied about at least 1 stat.
which btw is grounds for permaban.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2010, 08:35:44 pm »
Alright, since you're so impressively vigilant, I'll tell you some history about the site and bannings that took place that shaped the system that I know about.

There's been very few people that have been unbanned, but there have been some. One was actually bertin, who ended up being a success story. From what I understand, the method in which he redeemed himself to this site was basically:

1. Competing at Cyberscore for a long time, proving his honesty in his hundreds of submissions
2. Working with Rolken (what the workings that happened there are unknown to me)
3. Being a pretty cool guy in the end, even in light of such annoyances to him such as the infamous BERTIN THE BEAR.

Then there was smizzla. Nobody really saw that one coming. It was a total shock to a lot of people to see one of the key proponents in the smizzla/DsS #1 sitewide rivalry banned, and in the end, it made Da1 such a menace to everything on the site. As for smizzla, I think how it ended up going is that he made an alternate account and submitted a bunch of fair statistics, was left alone for a bit even though everyone found out he was smizzla again, but eventually he found the pressure of being #1 again being too great to resist or something like that, and started going back to his old ways, or I think he might have voluntarily had himself banned that time because he didn't want to go that route again? So now what he does is just submit .giz files to the .giz topic, most of which would be records on the site, and that appears to be the balance he's achieved in order to be content with competition on this site. In retrospect though, his case might be one of the factors that prevents most people from every getting a second chance on this site nowadays. There were a couple other cases of people that came back to the site after being banned, but I don't think there's been any since around the time this happened.

So what does that mean for you? Basically, the real route to get back into competition on this site is to take your vigilance and really prove that you're consistently honest elsewhere. Not by just saying "im honest ok" every day or something like that. You need to perform the act, whether it be on Cyberscore or someplace else. That's the only way I've seen someone get unbanned here. Even beyond that, I would note that playing Sonic games is more worthwhile than the rest of whatever results in this thread. Simply enjoying the gameplay unfold is something that all the people that were unbanned have expressed one way or another. And not with words in a post, either.

By the way, the "The world's greatest dramatic ban off TSC" is sonicandamy. Hands down. Just read that dude's posts or comments on the site and you'll understand.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2010, 11:34:02 pm »
HyperSonic7701 was ignored by me because the most I would have said is "No" and left it at that. The prominent examples of unbanning weren't even under the site's current administration, so you can't even assume we have the same opinions on those unbannings. I would have kept ignoring this, but I see it's spiraling out of control pretty rapidly.

My reason for "No" is that after we tried to call you on your lie, you compounded the lie with a memory card excuse before coming back after being banned and saying "yeah I lied". Your fanclub of people saying "well i don't wanna be on a site that bans like this" didn't exactly help matters either, although I don't even remember at this point if they had any connection to you. Many people that lied and aren't currently banned came out and admitted the lie before thirty posts of pointless drivel were made, e.g. RPGnutter. I don't have sympathy on people that make our lives difficult for no reason, and for you to have done that to us but to expect us to take the time to respond to you is either really hypocritical or just plain stupid.

I briefly considered locking this because the verdict looks like it's staying, but as long as it doesn't drop into dumbassery and name-calling, I'll let another admin decide when its time is up.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Print

Hits: 435 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.29 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.