don't click here

Why does like no one compete in Sonic 3?

Print

Author Topic: Why does like no one compete in Sonic 3?  (Read 42651 times)

Re: Why does like no one compete in Sonic 3?
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2010, 03:33:10 am »
LOLL FuzZerd speaks truth

Offline flying fox

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 06:22:56 am »
Certainly. Post your requests here and I'll see what I can do. I believe in open competition, rather than keeping strategies to myself in order to secure championships or records, so just ask!

Obviously some of you guys have heard that me and mike will be doing a S3&K co-op run for SDA when I go to Australia in about 4 months time. I will be doing the easy bits but just in case there are parts that mike can't do, it would be really useful if I can pull it off >_>. So I was wondering if you could help me out please :(. I think at SDA the speed runners thank people for helping them in their comments so of course I will put you in there :)

Also if there is anyone out there who could help me, I would really appreciate it and will also thank them in my comments. Oh and can someone help us to get netplay working so me and mike can practice together. We can't get it to work :(

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 09:15:39 pm »
Kind of need specific things if you need help with something. Keep in mind my S&K knowledge is also fairly limited, though since the game mechanics are more or less the same I can likely help out depending on what it is.

and I can definitely help you get Netplay working. hit me up on MSN or IRC sometime.

Offline surtic

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 09:19:53 pm »
I have a question. Is there a wall-zip on Angel Island Act 2 for Knuckles? I would like to know where, SB.
There is a method to my madness... or maybe just madness.

Goal: Get in the red for Overall statistics in Sonic 3 :O!!

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 09:22:20 pm »
There is one. I haven't been able to reproduce it ever.  It was in one of the 3 loops going downhill; I did a downloop jump and went through the floor and then zipped around a bit. I don't even know if it'd save time off of the 0:36 that eredani and I have, but it's possible. It'd likely be able to zip to the boss or at least the area by the last checkpoint, I think.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2010, 06:33:28 am »
Kind of need specific things if you need help with something. Keep in mind my S&K knowledge is also fairly limited, though since the game mechanics are more or less the same I can likely help out depending on what it is.

and I can definitely help you get Netplay working. hit me up on MSN or IRC sometime.

Thanks :) So now I nearly have everything I need, except  for the TAS of S3&K where it uses both S&T, which will come in handy. Since I think it's a GMV so I can see the input on gens re-recording. Luckily there are videos and gizes around so I can look at.

Specific things would be like CN1 with the balloons, spindash and zip to the boss. Also the glitch in IC1 would be useful. Just little things like that I need help on. There might be more that I can't remember, but I'll let you when I go through it, if you can help me on it.

Offline Rusty Rom

• Diamond Smasher
  • TSC Profile
  • android chrome
  • Pro Brasilia fiant eximia
    • View Profile
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2010, 11:54:17 am »
Obviously some of you guys have heard that me and mike will be doing a S3&K co-op run for SDA when I go to Australia in about 4 months time. I will be doing the easy bits but just in case there are parts that mike can't do, it would be really useful if I can pull it off >_>. So I was wondering if you could help me out please :(. I think at SDA the speed runners thank people for helping them in their comments so of course I will put you in there :)

Well, I'm not good with Sonic or Tails as I am with Knuckles, but I can help you with the stages where the records are mine. Just hit me up on msn, right?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 12:45:31 pm by Romulo The Brazilian »

Offline flying fox

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2010, 09:13:00 am »

Well, I'm not good with Sonic or Tails as I am with Knuckles, but I can help you with the stages where the records are mine. Just hit me up on msn, right?

Thanks I'll do that :O So you may have noticed that I broke the record on CN1 as sonic O_O So yes I can zip to the boss area perfectly but I can't do the the bit after the baloons and before the zip consistently. Is there a way of doing it? :(

Offline Rusty Rom

• Diamond Smasher
  • TSC Profile
  • android chrome
  • Pro Brasilia fiant eximia
    • View Profile
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2010, 11:43:00 am »
Thanks I'll do that :O So you may have noticed that I broke the record on CN1 as sonic O_O

WHAT??? A zip in CN1?? Please can you tell me how can I do it?

Offline werster

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2010, 05:57:24 am »

This is old news: http://www.soniccenter.org/forum/index.php/topic,2586.msg50608.html#msg50608

It's the last one in that post, along with tails, though thats not a zip, FF might be talking about something different, but I really don't think so.

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2010, 06:22:18 am »
assuming you still can't play .giz files, but can play youtube videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZrmey6EEHE

but thats in the videos section so I'm kind of surprised you missed it if thats the case.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2010, 08:29:25 am »

This is old news: http://www.soniccenter.org/forum/index.php/topic,2586.msg50608.html#msg50608

It's the last one in that post, along with tails, though thats not a zip, FF might be talking about something different, but I really don't think so.

Ok I tried to post in here last night that I got 0:41 but it wouldn't let me >_> Anyway just seen werster's giz and I did it slightly different to him. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtGSdhj8BWk&feature=player_embedded

Unfortunately I didn't record the 0:41 because I wasn't expecting it O_o. So I tried to record it again and after an hour that was the best I could do. I have to admit at 0:13 of the video that is awesome :D. I've pulled that move off at least 5 times now, but most of the time I just do what Tails does. I can spindash and zip to the boss area consistently now, but I'm having trouble at 0:11 on the video. Sonic can be erractic sometimes :(. What I try to do is turn sonic round during mid-flight towards the first platform, then when he hits the curve I tap left 2 or 3 times. Sometimes it has worked for me and Sonic flies off to the left. Other times Sonic would just zip downwards or go up >_>

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2010, 08:39:46 am »
Well I can hit it pretty consistently now (using werster's strategy for getting around the block, and my own neat little trick for getting into the wall that avoids the requirement to spindash) and just got 44. I think it's consistent enough that I'm going to add it to the SS route. :D

<3 Thorn.

Offline MrSparkle

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2010, 03:35:25 am »
I've been submitting a bunch of blue / green / yellow s3 stats lately. Despite being far from competition, the extra stats are surely giving you more site points, slowly. That was your goal, in the end, no?

But yeah, I'm far from trying to get yellows and then oranges, in any catagory. The game still feels very foreign, but I'd like to get yellow or high green, overall...
Doin Good

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2010, 09:54:17 am »
I don't particularly care about the sitewide rankings, since they heavily weight Sonic Heroes and such <_<. My goal is to promote competition in Sonic 3 to push the game further, as I can't do it all by myself.

And lol... I still haven't gotten around to doing the zip in CN1-S.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:06:40 am by Strong Bad »

Offline flying fox

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2010, 09:58:01 am »
Ok up to Ice Cap now. I just wanted to know how that zip works in IC1. Can anyone tell me?

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2010, 06:10:52 pm »
it seems to me that its random and could kill you.

*FuzZerd waits for Strong_Bad to correct him and call him an idiot even though thats the way it is for me

Offline werster

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2010, 06:57:31 pm »
Actually I fit that description quite well too.

http://www.soniccenter.org/forum/index.php/topic,2586.msg49496.html#msg49496

Watch the inputs of the two, it's really quite simple, all but about half a second is just "HOLD LEFT AND WHEE :D"

However if you are too lazy to actually watch that, after performing slope glitch you jump onto the platform below you and then quickly onto the despired slope that takes you to the right. Roll as you hit it of course, and start to hold left once you go into the wall. Change to holding right for about half a second just before leaving the wall, and then switch back to left till you jump out and reach the boss.

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2010, 02:01:36 am »
when I tested this as tails alone I had to do crazy manuvering between holding left and right in order to avoid getting stuck. then had to time the jump out to about a frame in order to not die.

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2010, 11:49:45 pm »
it may seem random because human success in a high-failure rate environment lacks consistency, and thus appears random.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2010, 09:16:10 am »
Ok me and mike have tried using P2P mode on netplay but we can't connect to each other. We also have tried client mode on netplay but it's really laggy. So we decided to give up on netplay. So that means I will really need your help guys and mike to make me a really good speed runner and good at executing these glitches please :(

So first up is to look at this IC1 glitch *downloads werster's giz* which I may ask questions about soon. Also can anyone tell me how to make the CN1 glitch as sonic consistent? it's just the curve bit I have trouble with :(

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2010, 03:56:48 am »
I have no idea how to make it consistent. In fact, I'm terrible at being consistent. The only consistency for me is inconsistency.

surtic: I'd like to congratulate you on 1:00 LB1-S. I am truly impressed. Keep up the good work, man. As a reward, here's a little sekret about AI1&2K-R.

FuzZerd: d'oh, gj 1upping me on LB1-S Score. I can't believe I never thought of that all those times I let Sonic sit there spindashing :/.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 07:07:57 am by Strong Bad »

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2011, 12:36:09 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwRkH7-nwfA
I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT WAS POSSIBLE!

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2011, 12:41:39 am »
Neat.  Can it be done without TAS though? ):
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2011, 12:46:45 am »
I think just about anything can be done without TAS.

Print

Hits: 852 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.24 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.