don't click here

Flying Fox is retiring!

Print

Author Topic: Flying Fox is retiring!  (Read 12429 times)

Offline flying fox

Flying Fox is retiring!
« on: October 02, 2011, 12:47:36 pm »
I know from past experience being here at TSC that many people have said that they’re retiring and yet returned to competition within a month or two. Sadly this will not be the case for me. I have been thinking about this for a month now, trying to decide whether I was making the right decision or not.

I first started thinking about it after I finally claimed the most records award (something that I had been after for many months). My main goal at TSC was to be recognised as one the best female sonic players at TSC. Once I finally claimed my prize and was reading posts from the thread that Zeupar put up on the front page, I felt happy that I achieved my goal. After that for quite a while I had no interest in competing again. I felt like that I had served my purpose, that I was done or however you want to put it >_>

So for weeks I had been thinking about it, trying to see if I was making the right decision. Last night I was thinking about what I had been doing with my life in the past 2-3 years. Then it hit me! I was a completely different person before I joined TSC. I had a job, was going out a lot more than I used to and was a bit more outgoing. I figured that I must’ve got too wrapped up in competing, that I didn’t do anything else. I remember in the beginning I just kept getting records and really loved that feeling of knowing that I was good. I felt like I had to keep this image of me being really good up all the time, so I let TSC consume my life, which thinking about it is really stupid >_>

I am 26 years old with no job, no social life and still living with my mum, and it’s not the life I want. I feel like in order to achieve the new goals that I want in life that I must retire from TSC. So that way I can find new things to do to fill the void in my life. I know all this sounds silly but I feel really strongly about this and making this decision has made me happy. It is time to move on and do other things.

Well better wrap this up because this has gone on for too long. I have really enjoyed my time here at TSC and have made some friends here (a few that I have met and others I would like to meet one day). I will still be hanging around IRC because it contains a lot of awesome people there. I also will be trying out some speed runs at SDA in my spare time, right now currently doing Sonic Triple Trouble. Now I just need to figure out what I want from life :P

Time for me to go~ :o

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Flying Fox is retiring!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 12:55:32 pm »
What in d world?

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 12:58:33 pm »
Will you miss me :3

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline werster

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 01:03:18 pm »
This is a good decision for you, and I'm bloody stoked you came to it yourself. Wish you the best gurl.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 03:44:51 pm »
didn't make it?  looks like someone else'll wear the mantle of 1k.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do, I guess.
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 03:46:11 pm »
Well, you're a damned hero in my books. You prove that girls can be just as good as guys at video games, and for that, I applaud, commend, respect, whatever you. XD It'll be somewhat sad to see such domination put to an end, but, hell, video games ain't the real world sadly(I know, I know, it's hard to grasp that concept XD). Well, good luck at whatever you strive for next. It's a good decision, and I back up that decision 100%. All I have to say is this: You have accomplished something great, and go for what you feel is right! ^_^(Yeah, as generic as this is, it's still said, and still counts, despite being generic >_____>) Also, good luck on achieving those new goals.
Everbody's good friend(XD),
Gamepro011
[Edit(10/02/11) Okay, I don't understand how I put the same thing twice. There, you guys can see my retared mistake, lol]

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 03:51:54 pm »
This topic brings back memories. I didn't know that TSC had changed your life for the worse, and I am sad to read that. I hope that you accomplish your new goals and compete again in the future when your life is more balanced. You have done a lot for TSC, and I am sure that the people who appreciate this site are very grateful to you for that. Good luck. :(
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 03:54:14 pm »
BLASPHEMY!

Well I see where you're going with this so yeah good reason.  Nice to see you'll still be hanging around the chat though.

Didn't stop me when I started my speedrun hiatus, after all <_<
Hi

Offline Zorkiy

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 12:18:33 am »
Congratulations on your success on TSC, thank you for all you've done for the community, best of luck in reaching your next goals! :)

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 12:29:56 am »
see you in chat...
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Luxray

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 03:09:10 am »
Dammit, even girls always retire/finish ontop of me.

* Luxray bricked

Hope to see you around FF, you're a great person and you deserve to have all the good things. Have fun in real life!
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline flying fox

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 06:17:01 am »
Wow reading all these posts and I really had no idea I made that much of an impact. Thank guys :) Just a few things to say:

werster: Thanks I only wish I just made the decision a lot earlier. Also I just like to say thanks for all your videos and gizs. When I came onto TSC I heard you were really good so I watched your gizs because I wanted to become a better player.

Aitamen: If you’re talking about being the first person to reach 1,000 records, that was another goal I was hoping to achieve. However, I think to reach that goal I would need another ~80 records and the thought of doing that doesn’t make me happy. I hated it whenever I couldn’t get that stat that I wanted. I would get annoyed and be in a bad temper for most of the day and I don’t really want to go back there >_>. When I took a break from TSC after I got back from Australia I noticed a change in me, which is another good reason why I should retire. I didn’t like the way I was :(

Gamepro11: Thank you :) that was exactly what I wanted to prove that girls can be as good as guys when it comes to video games.

Zeupar: TSC hasn’t completely changed my life for the worse. In fact, because of it I made some great friends, some I have met and others I would like to meet hopefully one day.

Quartz: Just so you know because I’m well known as being one of the best ring and score attackers on this site. My new goal is that I would like to be known as an awesome female speed runner on SDA. I’m doing planning on my speed run in a small amount of time during the day, mainly because I don’t want to go back to being obsessed with gaming.

Offline Rusty Rom

• Diamond Smasher
  • TSC Profile
  • android chrome
  • Pro Brasilia fiant eximia
    • View Profile
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 08:34:15 am »
I only had one direct battle for a record with you (being Chemical Plant 1 Knuckles score), but it was by far one of the greatest battles I had since I joined TSC, and I want to someday have battles like that again. Not only this but also you were the first TSC player I added on MSN and at that time my english knowledge was very poor, but by chatting with you along with other people outside Brazil I significantly improved my knowledge and I'll be eternal grateful for this and for any other help you gave me, related or not with competition.
I think it's just a question of you getting better things to do but it doesn't mean you have to abruptly leave TSC. You could use only your spare time for doing something, but nothing in a overloading scale. Hopefully you'll manage to organize your life in a manner you won't have to abandon a thing you're really nice at...

UNTIL THEN I'LL BE WAITING... (R)

Offline MrSparkle

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 08:55:56 am »
I beat a few of your stats, you will be missed.
Doin Good

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 03:13:15 pm »
So FF had nothing to say to me :(

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 11:22:51 pm »
I wish the best of luck to you Flying Fox! thanks for the help for the Sonic 1 (GG) RAs. :)
I love to play Mario and Sonic games with a mix of Donkey Kong and Kirby games. Yes I'm a Nintendo nerd.

Offline francisco

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 05:22:09 pm »
Just one thing: in whatever you do, inside or outside TSC or any internet related-thing, just be happy. Do what you gotta do, love those who love you, and never, ever feel that you are alone. I speak for all competitors in this site, we all wish you the best and that you have a great future. Don't forget to give news! Stay well.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • TSC: Brian_pso
  • android chrome
  • Saving Chao from danger, even if it's too hard
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 12:00:56 pm »
Even though I don't get on chat or on the forums very often, I will miss you too, I love watching your videos on youtube girl. You're such a nice player, and I do understand the situation you're going through as I've been in it myself too. I'm happy that you'll still be around here, and still doing speedruns for SDA, when you find a perfect balance for all things in your life, you'll maybe get back to accomplish your goal of 1000 records, if you need ~80 more to get it, just do some RAs on SA2B and you can cut that by at least 40%, some of them are very easy to get, and if you need any tip just ask, there are many guys that could help you with them(including my self of course) ;D

All the best for you on anything put yourself into girl o/
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Vote for PHILLIP BANKS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 05:32:19 pm »
"WE LOVE YOU FLYING FOX!" - Da1AndOnlySonic and DarkspinesSonic
I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline SirJaden

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 06:05:37 am »
An inspiration for female gamers everywhere. Even though I haven't known you for that long compared to most of the other users here, you have been a pretty cool person all around. I hope I can atleast reach your competitive level someday, but that's something I need to adjust myself XD and finding the appropriate time of course :d

Best of luck for your life!

Print

Hits: 915 | Hits This Month: 5 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.27 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.