don't click here

A question about Blue Knuckles

Print

Author Topic: A question about Blue Knuckles  (Read 5826 times)

Offline arcfx1985

A question about Blue Knuckles
« on: May 18, 2012, 01:14:56 am »
So I recently did a full runthrough of Sonic 3 & Knuckles and *somehow* got the game to lock up so badly it reset, slowed down the gameplay, sped up the music, unlocked Blue Knuckles, and turned Tails' name to Miles (no game genie or anything). I did this on an emulator and was wondering if it's possible to do this on either Sega Genesis or a remake such as Mega Collection. Every time I attempt the glitch on actual hardware, the game just freezes.

A side note - If you haven't played the game with Blue Knuckles, you're missing out on one of the most mindboggling runs ever. (I've got some savestates of it if anyone wants to check it out.)

Offline SadisticMystic

Offline arcfx1985

Re: A question about Blue Knuckles
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 01:30:10 am »
Argh!! Again! Thought I found something unique for once. :(
Well thanks for that...now I know 2 ways to activate it...
Honestly expected no one to know about that. I'll be laughing about my naivity with this topic a year from now. ("lol I was such a noob then. Fun times")
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 01:54:36 am by arcfx1985 »

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 10:45:45 pm »
Is this banned for competition?  Does it have any application?  Or is it covered by the "You may not play games in the wrong region" thing?
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline arcfx1985

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 11:40:54 pm »
i don't think this works outside of emulators, so it's probably banned for competition. Hm...I think it'd be a fun addition to freestyle mode, honestly.
Just a few things - Collecting a Giant Ring is impossible - Getting one emerald gives you all Chaos Emeralds and freezes the game when you try going Super. You cannot deposit Emeralds in Hidden Palace because the game will freeze. You cannot complete Hidden Palace because the game will freeze (unless there's some glitch I don't know about...).

I've found a savestate on my drive that only has Blue Knuckles and none of the slowdown if anyone wants to experiment.
saveamastate (mediafire)

As for application - Mostly it's just Knuckles starting in Sonic's starting area, yet still being able to easily access his own routes.

Offline TimpZ

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 04:47:01 pm »
http://twitch.tv/primat91/b/328511444

You can play in any stage as Blue Knuckles without lag. You'll also start in Sonics part of the stage so you can play e.g. Angel Island and Launch Base 2 from Sonics starting position.

I tried this on PAL Mega collection for GC.

Print

Hits: 839 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.00 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.