don't click here

Spoilers For EC 2012 Season

Print

Author Topic: Spoilers For EC 2012 Season  (Read 6989 times)

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Spoilers For EC 2012 Season
« on: May 29, 2012, 01:00:48 pm »
So, as you may have noticed, I have elected to close the Emerald Challenges forums down and wipe them clean. Why would I do such a radical thing?

As you might notice in this poll, there is a distinct distaste for Co-Op gameplay, while others rally to support it. To bridge the gap, I am going to put my most famous icon, the Emerald Challenges, to work as a tool to convey the idea of just how competitive and challenging Co-Op play can be.

That said, every single one of the Emerald Challenges in the upcoming season will be much like the "gold emerald challenges" of the past, in the sense that every color challenge will be constructed in a manner such that only two people working together can complete it.

For those who can't find someone to help them at home using Gens+, there are two additional options. (Quoted from "One Final Challenge")

The first is called OpenKaillera, a mod of the well-known Kaillera software built-in with Gens. It comes with an input recording feature much like the .giz format, that begins recording when you start the game. Furthermore, it also has a P2P option that allows players to connect without needing the middleman of a server, significantly reducing the delay often seen through normal Kaillera play.

The other option is using normal Kaillera and playing with a judge, but only upon the judge's invitation. I won't have anyone asking a judge to play with them, because that would be far too taxing.

(Quote ends here)

I'll be providing packages of Gens 2.14 patched with the OpenKaillera hack.

I'll also be providing spoiler images soon :O

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Spoilers For EC 2012 Season
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 03:56:42 pm »
Just toying with the new CS6. Here's a look at the "glow animation" I'm working on. Pray it doesn't look pixelated.

Offline Rusty Rom

• Diamond Smasher
  • TSC Profile
  • android chrome
  • Pro Brasilia fiant eximia
    • View Profile
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 11:36:51 am »
Don't forget youtube vids as well, as I'll do the new challenges with my brother :V

Offline SpanielWare

• One can dream of a new Sega console, can't they?
  • TSC: danieldude
  • win10 chrome
  • "Better behave yourselves..."
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 01:51:33 pm »
That Green Emerald looks very similar to the ones on the Sonic Retro Forum...
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

<Starlight_Glimmer> i dont make the news I just report it

Print

Hits: 1,141 | Hits This Month: 7 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1011.34 KB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.