don't click here

NiGHTS into Dreams HD REMAKE!

Print

Author Topic: NiGHTS into Dreams HD REMAKE!  (Read 8320 times)

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
NiGHTS into Dreams HD REMAKE!
« on: July 05, 2012, 01:10:06 pm »
Well as some of you know Thorn noted SEGA put up a photo of a NiGHTS stage the other day on their Facebook page. Well today they released another photo, and a link to their blog, giving us information on the HD remake coming this fall. Thorn's going to be happy. No more bugging us for Puyo?

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/07/05/dreams-do-come-true-sega-announces-the-return-of-nights-into-dreams%E2%80%A6/

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: NiGHTS into Dreams HD REMAKE!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 01:43:32 pm »
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 02:05:03 pm »
The blog entry makes it pretty clear that they're just porting the PS2 version and tweaking it. I'm okay with that, though. My Saturn's been on a slow decline and it would be worth having another copy, even if the PS2 version was supposedly worse for scoring (some slight tweaks to the physics were made, and iirc a beneficial scoring glitch was removed). If they don't remove some of the bonus content from the PS2 game, then we're really set.

Oh, and if the marathon takes until autumn (and I hope not!) then we can use this instead of the Saturn version. :P

EDIT: Differences. Mostly minor, but we're a competition site, so these things come into play for people like us. :P
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 02:11:03 pm by Thorn »
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Zip

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 02:13:34 pm »
Oh. i have never played a NIGHTS game
is not the same one for the Wii?

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 02:15:14 pm »
^ No, the Wii version was a second game in the series (and to most, decidedly worse, but that's not my place to say). The PS2 version being ported is a remake of the original game, with some of the bonus content from the Christmas NiGHTS demo disc thrown in.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Print

Hits: 202 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1021.66 KB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.