don't click here

Sonic The Hedgehog SMS Leaderboard

Print

Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog SMS Leaderboard  (Read 7452 times)

Offline SB737

Sonic The Hedgehog SMS Leaderboard
« on: August 03, 2012, 02:16:22 pm »
Please could you add a Sonic the Hedgehog SMS leaderboard, because the GG version of Sonic The Hedgehog is significantly different to the SMS version, for example compare these two levels -
(Look at green hill act 2 for both of them)
SMS VERSION - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyNPygRL3tI
GG VERSION - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQiyhNCudfg
There you see that there are differences that make the courses different - the GG version is faster or the same usually.
 Thanks In Advance :)
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog SMS Leaderboard
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 02:23:09 pm »
The Sonic 1 (GG) charts we have here currently already covers both SMS and GG versions of Sonic 1. So there's really no reason for this. Same goes for Sonic 2 (GG)'s charts.

Offline SB737

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 05:15:48 am »
i still think they should be seperate leaderboards, on SRL they are counted as different games, if you only speedrun one game you can get a much faster time on the other version because the layouts are different.

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)

Offline Cream147

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 11:41:03 am »
My opinion is that the layouts are not different enough to warrant separate games. In many levels the layouts are exactly the same.

I find it funny your initial post uses GH2 as an example, there are levels with more significant differences between the two versions than this. In GH2 the only important difference is the positioning of 2 badniks, which probably costs SMS around a second. There are a couple of errors in your SMS run which to me look enough to account for the other second between the two runs you linked.

Offline SB737

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 11:43:57 am »
in my opinion almost every level is different, i was a tsc noob then lol, i could get some better videos, but that was a level i had played alot at the time

Offline flying fox

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 12:27:17 pm »
I would just leave it as it is imo. It is an old chart and we have no way of telling which stats came from which version. I doubt an admin would want touch that chart anyway.

Offline Luxray

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 07:52:09 am »
The Sonic 1 (GG) charts we have here currently already covers both SMS and GG versions of Sonic 1. So there's really no reason for this. Same goes for Sonic 2 (GG)'s charts.

This. Take it from bertin as he gets a hardon for the GG charts.

i still think they should be seperate leaderboards, on SRL they are counted as different games, if you only speedrun one game you can get a much faster time on the other version because the layouts are different.

OH WELL IF SRL DO IT THEN IT MUST BE THE WORD OF GOD!
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline SB737

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 07:57:10 am »
absolutely lol, but i kinda agree with ff's comment, it would confuse everything, so just leave it as it is :P

Print

Hits: 572 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.