don't click here

Sonic 3 Full zone zip

Print

Author Topic: Sonic 3 Full zone zip  (Read 9835 times)

Offline SB737

Sonic 3 Full zone zip
« on: September 07, 2012, 04:45:45 pm »
if i can do a glitch that zips past the whole of Ice Cap and then skips out the first boss and takes you straight to the act 2 boss, what time do i submit?
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline Parax

Re: Sonic 3 Full zone zip
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 05:00:13 pm »
Nothing. You go and read the rules.

* You may start any zone's Act 2 from the end of Act 1 or from selecting Act 2 in stage select, but from nowhere else.

Offline SB737

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 05:13:24 pm »
ok, so i cant submit it as an act 1 time?

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)

Offline SpanielWare

• One can dream of a new Sega console, can't they?
  • TSC: danieldude
  • win10 chrome
  • "Better behave yourselves..."
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 09:04:16 am »
As Paraxade said, you can't submit any time at all if you execute this zip.
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

<Starlight_Glimmer> i dont make the news I just report it

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 09:11:39 am »
You guys have read it completely wrong. Sonicboom is asking whether starting in act 1 and ending at act 2's boss is acceptable for act 1, which my understanding is that it is (but it's slower).

<3 Thorn.

Offline SpanielWare

• win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 09:19:54 am »
I guess you're right, but from the way I looked at it you're still starting the second act -not- from the level select or from the end of the previous act. I'm not too bothered as to what goes, but that's just the way I read the rule.
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 10:26:11 am »
We have this rule:

In Icecap 1, if you are locked on to Sonic & Knuckles, you may not skip the Act 1 boss.

This is placed under the score and rings division but not the time division. So really I can't see why you can't submit the time for act 1.

Offline SpanielWare

• win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 10:35:17 am »
Well, in that case, I guess he can submit the time for Act 1.
What we all learn every day :D

Offline Luxray

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 12:16:24 pm »
We have this rule:

In Icecap 1, if you are locked on to Sonic & Knuckles, you may not skip the Act 1 boss.

This is placed under the score and rings division but not the time division. So really I can't see why you can't submit the time for act 1.

That is the ruling. Starting Act 1, fighting a boss and finishing the stage. Nothing in the Time Division rules about skipping the Act 1 boss being illegal, which means it is perfectly legal currently. So SonicBoom, to answer your question, you may do that, but you must submit it as an Act 1 time.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline flying fox

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 12:24:16 pm »
Ok reason it's fine to submit it as an act 1 time when beating act 2's boss is because the game will say act 1 in the end title section not act 2. This is also allowed as the game still transitions to act 2.

Offline SB737

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 12:34:59 pm »
thanks guys - btw flyingfoxuk - do u know how to get all 269 rings in starlight act 3? i can get 266 atm

Offline flying fox

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 12:41:24 pm »
No not really or otherwise I would have it :P. The guy who has the record did say in his comment that he was going to record it but never did. I'm guessing it involves the same glitch that is used in SL1 but I've looked at the map and can't see how 269 is obtainable with it. But then again I don't know much about raing S1 :/

Offline Parax

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 05:15:31 pm »
I thought I remembered there being a rule specifically about IC1 at some point that was changed and I thought that was it. Might've just been thinking about that rings/score rule. In any case I don't play S3&K so ignore me.

Print

Hits: 797 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.16s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.