don't click here

Unofficial Race Night 1

Print

Author Topic: Unofficial Race Night 1  (Read 65375 times)

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Cream147

Re: Unofficial Race Night 1
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2012, 03:32:15 pm »
Also, to my knowledge, the initial concept was that each hack was going to be raced separately. That was certainly my understanding.

Since we have two weeks till hack night, might as get started since I think it might take a while to organise. So I was thinking maybe up to three games. So let me know what hacks you want to race in.

At the moment I'm doing the same thing with hack night as I did with race nights doing a 'lets try this and see if it works and if not we'll make it better' or something like that. If people don't like the more than one game being raced we'll just race one game then.

When I said "raced separately", I meant "on the same night, but with gaps in between" as opposed to back to back in the same race. That was what my understanding was.

I remember when TSCers raced multiple, different games in a row and didn't afraid of anything.

S1, S2, and S3K is a totally different kettle of fish because there isn't one that is 10+ times longer than the others (not to mention that all 3 are very popular games, and generally popular with among same people). EDIT: Also, S1, S2 and S3K makes perfect sense to race back to back.

On a related unrelated note, an S1, S2 and S3K race totally needs to happen for race night sometime!

Offline SB737

« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2012, 05:09:12 am »
how exactly does the multigame feature work? Does it record your time for both the games but an overall time also is given?
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline flying fox

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2012, 09:19:19 am »
Seriously if some of you don't like the decision I made you have till Saturday 12pm EDT to tell me. I can't change it just for two or three people >_> It's actually very likely I may change it.

Offline Mastakirby

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2012, 04:51:34 pm »
If I can't get things sorted out, the 2011 version is stable provided we disallow one glitch I spotted on Mastakirby's stream.

I found a glitch somewhere? *Watches video*
Life is like a big bowl of animuu

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Offline Proxima

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2012, 04:54:45 pm »
I don't have a strong preference for the current race, especially as both games are ones I'm keen on, but given the selection for Unofficial Race Night 2 I hope it will be separate races.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2012, 05:00:40 pm »
Well if people aren't happy about racing two games in one night because they are both long or some other reason. We could vote for one of them and race the game that wins. We can race the other game that didn't win in the next URN. Just a suggestion.

Offline SB737

« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2012, 05:04:17 pm »
i think we should still race both, but seperately, one after another, robotniks revenge isnt gonna take longer than 20 minutes, and if it does we can start without them or something, so it shouldnt be a problem
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2012, 08:55:35 pm »
Both seperatly is the majority. K

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2012, 12:50:55 pm »
Sorry should've closed this a while ago but I was out with Dan and his parents. We're doing both races separately. First race: Robotnik's Revenge in Time Attack mode, then Sonic 2 Retro Remix as a full game. Room for Robotnik's Revenge will open at 4pm EST. The room for Retro Remix will be made at 5:30pm.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 02:36:40 pm by flying fox »

Offline Proxima

« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2012, 04:56:49 pm »
Looks like I'm not going to be able to join this one after all, I can't get my IRC working :(

Offline Mastakirby

« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2012, 12:42:35 am »
Can't believe i missed this, had to work late...
Life is like a big bowl of animuu

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Print

Hits: 75 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.