don't click here

Help on a miniscule trick on SA2:B

Print

Author Topic: Help on a miniscule trick on SA2:B  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Fivavoa

Help on a miniscule trick on SA2:B
« on: November 11, 2012, 02:24:48 pm »
(I have no idea where to put this, hopefully here is good)

I've been trying to figure out this trick for ages, but basically, whenever I see speedruns of this game with speed characters, I usually see them do a short burst whenever they do homing attack and from what I can assume it focuses horizontal movement and maintains momemtum?
I managed to do it accidentally while messing around in Pyramid Cave, and from what I managed, pressing B and A (something along those lines) made me do it after a few attempts.

For example, here's a typical homing attack:

Basically it covers sonic the entire time you thokked, and leaves a long trail which eventually you slow down halfway through it.

Here's the thingy I'm talking about:

The blue aura in Sonic's homing attack ends in a burst and usually keeps momentum, if not lets the player travel faster.
At least, from what I gather.

Can anyone elaborate on this?

Offline SqwareEcks

• Always a day late and a buck short
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp firefox
    • View Profile
Re: Help on a miniscule trick on SA2:B
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 07:03:21 pm »
All you have to do is press B right after you do the homing attack. It cancels the homing attack and gives you an extra burst of forward momentum (I think it might reset your vertical velocity too). You've probably heard of the B+A trick with Sonic; think of this as B+A in reverse as you're just hitting B right after A. (Although the timing is much more forgiving with this one.)
My life needs a rewind/erase button.
-Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Remz

Re: Help on a miniscule trick on SA2:B
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 10:48:40 pm »
god this could be exactly what i am missing on the shortcut of pyramid cave, the one where you skip the loop
i always fall 2m short of reaching the platform after doing the charge B ( i think it's named spin dash ? not familiar with english names yet), realease, Jump B, wait as long as you can keep the gravity glitched then A

Print

Hits: 426 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 997.11 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.