don't click here

Hiya

Print

Author Topic: Hiya  (Read 7802 times)

Hiya
« on: September 07, 2013, 01:35:12 pm »
Turning my "want to speedrun" to "going to speedrun". Found this site while replaying Sonic Heroes. So now im going to try and go as fast as I can. Afterall, Im my worst enemy.

I recorded all my times thus far excluding extra missions. Dont wanna overwhelm myself, and found most of my times sucked..

So welcome community. Ima go back to SH now. See if I can sub 10min for FF dark. Start there. Rawr

Offline InferSaime

Re: Hiya
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 01:40:49 pm »
Welcome to TSC :)
Your heroes are good in my opinion. Have a lot of fun with competing and heroes. Good luck on Final fortress with team dark.

Offline FocusSight64

• Language Geek
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 firefox
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Weeaboo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 01:42:11 pm »
Welcome. Hope you enjoy the competition in Heroes, so many competitors :P
Proud supporter of Cookie☆ (クッキー☆) MADs.

Offline SpanielWare

• One can dream of a new Sega console, can't they?
  • TSC: danieldude
  • win10 chrome
  • "Better behave yourselves..."
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 01:42:54 pm »
Greetings fellow Sonic gamer, and welcome to The Sonic Center! It's always exciting to see a new enthusiastic player join the scene, and despite what you may think your 56 new Sonic Heroes (that game is awesome by the way :V) stats are pretty decent, so keep up the good work! :) The more you play, the better you'll become! :P
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

<Starlight_Glimmer> i dont make the news I just report it

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 01:50:17 pm »
Thank you for the welcomes. I never did figure out the best times to use chaos control. Most of the time the frozen time becomes more of a hinderance then anything else. But if I hang on to the TA im wasting seconds not using it and letting it charge again... Oh shadow :[

Offline SpanielWare

• One can dream of a new Sega console, can't they?
  • TSC: danieldude
  • win10 chrome
  • "Better behave yourselves..."
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 02:16:51 pm »
Forgive me for this out-of-the-blue (*rimshot*) post, but I can't help but state that "Aeroethimetic" is truly one of the coolest and most creative usernames I've come across in quite some time!

EDIT: Congratulations on getting an 8'35"04 on Final Fortress with Team Dark; that's 14.16% of 10 minutes under 10 minutes (a respectable sub)! :V
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 02:31:36 pm by danieldude »
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

<Starlight_Glimmer> i dont make the news I just report it

Offline RigidatoMS

• A big fan of SA2B
  • TSC: Omega Rafael Santos
  • win10 chrome
  • I used to be so childish years ago... I'm sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 03:02:44 pm »
Welcome to The Sonic Center, where everyone speaks English to understand the others and reads the rules before submitting. I already use these words before... Good luck in your journey and ask me if you wanna some tips.
My Youtube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl85g5j2ERbADAhTeiYVEOg
Discord: RigidatoMS#6257

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 03:17:34 pm »
Yea I read all the rules, and game specific. i.e. SH with TBG and Chaotix ring multiplying. But both are common sense. Some of my times has a death in there but I kept going since I know I still have A rank. So lots of redos to go over. And hoping the teammate lag or them pointlessly dying to prevent switching team leaders doesnt annoy me first :p

Despite all of that, heres a question. About the bobsled, theres no indefinite way of speeding it up is there? Maybe the camara turning by hugging a corner? But then what if its riding on a rail?

Offline RigidatoMS

• A big fan of SA2B
  • TSC: Omega Rafael Santos
  • win10 chrome
  • I used to be so childish years ago... I'm sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 03:32:32 pm »
Yea I read all the rules, and game specific. i.e. SH with TBG and Chaotix ring multiplying. But both are common sense. Some of my times has a death in there but I kept going since I know I still have A rank. So lots of redos to go over. And hoping the teammate lag or them pointlessly dying to prevent switching team leaders doesnt annoy me first :p

Despite all of that, heres a question. About the bobsled, theres no indefinite way of speeding it up is there? Maybe the camara turning by hugging a corner? But then what if its riding on a rail?
The English killed me. But I'll try to help you. A perfect way to speed up is tapping the B button(X button in Xbox and square button). But in the bobsled, B button is a brake. The best way to save time in bobsled are the curves. Example: if the curve is to left, you need to go to the left. If it's to the right, go to the right. You can see videos to understand it better.
In the rail, you can hold the B button to maintain the speed, or you can switch to power and speed quickly while holding the B button to speed up. The second is better for speedruns.
My Youtube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl85g5j2ERbADAhTeiYVEOg
Discord: RigidatoMS#6257

Print

Hits: 228 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.