don't click here

Playstation 4 and WiiU Opinions

Print

Author Topic: Playstation 4 and WiiU Opinions  (Read 10471 times)

Offline DGF

• WildCard Speedster
  • TSC: DarkGravityFlames
  • win10 chrome
  • Code S.O.L, Azure Grimrore ACTIVATE!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Playstation 4 and WiiU Opinions
« on: November 15, 2013, 10:32:34 pm »
I'm thinking about getting the ps4 pretty soon and saw some amazing things it can do. I've played the WiiU with some friends and my brother is getting it. I have enjoyed it, the only problem that I have with the WiiU (at least until smash comes out) is the lack of games it's library has. Going back to the Ps4, free livestreaming apparently You can make your entire room a so called "playroom" where the console can interact with you and a lot of other cool stuff. for an example watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhLKEm1ygag

What do you guys think
My Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9TztQrHz0nwzfSZZFoYOVA
PSN = ChaosKnight_56
Steam: TerumiTrueAzure

Championship(s) Held: Sonic Generations
Current Records: Overdrift Challenge , Terror from the Deep, Death egg robot (Hard), Vector's Mission

Offline dwhitethegamer

• Speedstar.
  • Oracle of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • THE ultimate gamer
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation 4 and WiiU Opinions
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 11:01:01 am »
Quite frankly, although the PS4 hails with graphical superiority, its controls don't rule squat with the WII U.  I really don't care if you get the PS4, but remember the WII U has the 2-in-1 game pad.  The PS4 wants you to use an I Pad as a second screen experience, an exhausting fad.
The best of what the gamers are made of.

The gaming miracle.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 12:56:08 pm »
For me, it doesn't matter what features the PS4 has.  Excluding Minecraft, there's only one game coming out in the next year I'd get, and it's not a launch title (same with XB1, except the game on that system is also getting a 360 release).  The Wii U's "lack of games" is completely false for me.  In its first year, there have been 6 retail games that I've been interested in (with 3 of them available at launch), which has never happened for any system before.

The PS4 wants you to use an I Pad as a second screen experience, an exhausting fad.

Don't some games use the gamepad as a "second screen experience" as well?

Offline dwhitethegamer

• Speedstar.
  • Oracle of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • THE ultimate gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 10:45:30 am »
That's what I'm talking about.  The WII U has a 2-in-1 controller.  It's a controller, with its face and shoulder buttons, and a gamepad, with a touch screen.  You don't need a tablet to enjoy games that utilizes a touch screen.

The gaming miracle.

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 08:41:19 pm »
I've got my eye on the PS4, but like Groudon, there simply aren't any notable exclusive games I want for it that are currently available, or coming in the foresee-able future. If one has a half-decent PC complemented by a PS3 or 360, its existence feels a bit redundant at the moment.

The Wii U in my possession has seen quite a bit of use, though, between exclusive games like Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, New Super Luigi U, and the best multi-platform version of Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I'm still not sure if the tablet was a good investment for a mandatory accessory for the system, but the tablet is handy for off-screen play when someone else wants to use the TV (or if I want to watch a show while I play).
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Offline dwhitethegamer

• Speedstar.
  • Oracle of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • THE ultimate gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 04:09:35 pm »
That's a BIG advantage the WII U has over the new systems, you can play games while your friends or family are hogging the TV with the game pad, compared to waiting for your turn.  Sadly, you have to be at least 20 to 25 feet with nothing in the way for the game pad to work.

The gaming miracle.

Offline dwhitethegamer

• Speedstar.
  • Oracle of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • THE ultimate gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 11:13:48 am »
Another thing.  Some of the X-Box One and PS4 games has an app usable for the I pad. 

Don't know why, don't want to know, but buying the I pad for apps that can also be used for the WII U doesn't make a lick of sense.

The gaming miracle.

Print

Hits: 656 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.01 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.