don't click here

Review of TSC.

Print

Author Topic: Review of TSC.  (Read 4061 times)

Offline dwhitethegamer

• Speedstar.
  • Oracle of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • THE ultimate gamer
    • View Profile
Review of TSC.
« on: December 18, 2013, 01:11:27 pm »
Here we go, my review of TSC.  Be advised, my review is for newbies only.  If you're an admin, or anyone who has been here for a while, just pretend you haven't heard of this site.

TSC (The Sonic Center) is an online competition site based on various Sonic games- and by various, I mean almost all of them- ranging from Sonic 1 to Sonic Lost World.

The way it mostly works is that Sonic fans who love competition are able to submit stats and videos showing how they got their times, rings, scores, etc.

You can't have a competition site without rules, and it's no exception here.  They have this BS-detector that goes off when you submit an pretty fast time.  The admins will ask for proof of the stat that set it off, and you have a set time to show proof.  Fail, and you're banned from submissions.  If, however, you're able to show proof, you're off the hook.  I did a test of that, and the end result was a ban. :(

There are other things to do than just submit stats, though.  There are a variety of topics you can chat with other members.  Here's the thing, be careful what you type, if not you'll be banned.  Yes, the ban is not limited to submissions.  Also, know this, topics that have not been posted for at least 30 days will have the following message.  "Warning: This topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.  Remember, Thread Necromancy is a sin."  PLEASE be careful how you type.

The Race Nights are a favorite for gamers who love to race.  You have a variety of official and nonofficial races to attend if you're able, the latter being hacks and fan games.  If you plan on racing, you can vote on which Sonic game you want to race and set the goals for that game.  Right now, the races are held for 4 pm EST.

Forgot to mention, there are boards for these topics.  You can post any topic under the boards if you just ask permission from SonicAD, of if he's not available, Thorn, Zeupar, or Umbreon.  Contact them via PM- personal message-, or in the chat.  Unapproved topics are subject to deletion.
EDIT(again): Whoops.  This rule only applies to the Leaderboard Disputes board.  My bad.

And that's about it.  There are three lists that I use for my reviews:

Recommended: You seriously need to be here a lot.
OK: It's not good, but it's not bad, either.
Ban: You'd better get this site out of you're mind!

Out of those three, this site basically deserves the recommended list.

And with that, I'm done here.

EDIT: yes, you can post.  I'm not locking it just yet.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 10:14:22 pm by dwhitethegamer »
The best of what the gamers are made of.

The gaming miracle.

Offline dwhitethegamer

• Speedstar.
  • Oracle of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • THE ultimate gamer
    • View Profile
Re: Review of TSC.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 03:39:43 pm »
Also, the only game that I have not seen for any submitting is Sonic Genesis for GBA.
I know why.

EDIT: I guess I'll have to lock this, to prevent thread necromancy.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 02:54:38 pm by dwhitethegamer »
The best of what the gamers are made of.

The gaming miracle.

Print

Hits: 634 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.01 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.