don't click here

Stuff that shouldn't happen in a marathon-related topic (or at all)

Print

Author Topic: Stuff that shouldn't happen in a marathon-related topic (or at all)  (Read 22286 times)

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Ugh, that irks me after I put so much effort in the direction I wanted to go with it.

The idea was to let it -not- be a speedrun because I wanted to let there be enough time for the tracks to play. (That's why I asked for a whopping two hours.)

I'd still like to replace all tracks, but instead limit the ones we can vote on. Is that a fair compromise?

EDIT: I've modified the list above to reflect the changes.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:53:32 pm by SpinDashMaster »

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff that shouldn't happen in a marathon-related topic (or at all)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 12:47:17 pm »
So we're just going to sit through two hours of you casually running through the stage to listen to music?

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 06:46:42 pm »
Just screw it. If y'all want to scrutinize the idea into oblivion then you've gotten your wish. Y'all can keep on doing your thing and I can go enjoy other venues.

I've about had it with putting tons of creative effort into making something new work only to have it torn to shreds by those who haven't even given two shits about it until it comes to light.

I'm just super pissed off about this and I've been condescended in chat like I simply concatenated a "list of tracks that I personally liked."

I chose songs which were not only widely known and popular, but also fit the themes of the stages with their unique attributes. I even went as far as to provide two such fits for each stage. That took about a week's worth of effort!

I get that the initial list was too much to be voted on, so I narrowed it down to just the memes that could be swapped in at an incentive, while asking to keep the other tracks; so as to not make the whole run feel awkward. (Because it does when you only swap out a few tracks.)

But apparently that's still not good enough. No, instead we want me to show off everything possible in the PC version of the game, when all we know at the moment is a hop over LB2/LR2 and an actual detriment to other stages thanks to the nerf to most zips and horizontal overflow and a lack of pause abuse potential.

Oh, and two-button spindashing.

I'm at a barricade now and I really don't know what else to do.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 06:59:52 pm by SpinDashMaster »

Offline Token

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 08:09:09 pm »
Just screw it. If y'all want to scrutinize the idea into oblivion then you've gotten your wish. Y'all can keep on doing your thing and I can go enjoy other venues.

I've about had it with putting tons of creative effort into making something new work only to have it torn to shreds by those who haven't even given two shits about it until it comes to light.

I'm just super pissed off about this and I've been condescended in chat like I simply concatenated a "list of tracks that I personally liked."

I chose songs which were not only widely known and popular, but also fit the themes of the stages with their unique attributes. I even went as far as to provide two such fits for each stage. That took about a week's worth of effort!

I get that the initial list was too much to be voted on, so I narrowed it down to just the memes that could be swapped in at an incentive, while asking to keep the other tracks; so as to not make the whole run feel awkward. (Because it does when you only swap out a few tracks.)

But apparently that's still not good enough. No, instead we want me to show off everything possible in the PC version of the game, when all we know at the moment is a hop over LB2/LR2 and an actual detriment to other stages thanks to the nerf to most zips and horizontal overflow and a lack of pause abuse potential.

Oh, and two-button spindashing.

I'm at a barricade now and I really don't know what else to do.

Um...that specific idea isn't really a good idea for a marathon. If anything, it should be added to bonus stream if there is one. Getting mad at someone for not approving the list on a public forum like it's their fault is also not a good look. If you have a problem with the the verdict, it should be addressed in PM or private.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 09:03:33 am »
^Oh yay, another one who didn't read up until now. If you all hated the idea this much, why not speak up like, I don't know, over two months ago, before we reached this stage in the planning?

Offline Token

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 09:30:05 am »
^Oh yay, another one who didn't read up until now. If you all hated the idea this much, why not speak up like, I don't know, over two months ago, before we reached this stage in the planning?

Except...I did read. You just failed to see the reason why this is probably not such a good idea for a marathon.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 09:38:37 am »
Maybe I wouldn't have "failed to see" your opinion if you had put it somewhere where I could see it, along with everyone else.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 09:50:31 am by SpinDashMaster »

Offline Token

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 10:02:28 am »
Maybe I wouldn't have "failed to see" your opinion if you had put it somewhere where I could see it, along with everyone else.

"If anything, it should be added to bonus stream if there is one"

Man...I wish I knew how to read. Too bad.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 10:13:48 am »
Yeah, especially reading the part where I referenced that I talked about this over two months ago and you should have reacted then.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 10:22:42 am »
That was a discussion thread. Anything said in there wasn't comfirmed at the time, till I was doing the schedule, which is what I am doing now.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 10:26:56 am »
And what's wrong with saying "I don't like idea x" in a discussion? That's what discussions are for.

Not only that, but I also performed four practice streams, and most who watched said they liked it.

I saw only positive reinforcement towards the idea until this thread popped up.

TSC's userbase seems to have developed a bad rep for reacting late and loud. What's up with that?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 10:33:50 am by SpinDashMaster »

Offline flying fox

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 10:32:08 am »
Alright probably something should've been said earlier. However, for the last 2 months I have had things happening beyond my control, been very sick which should be sorted out by next week and other people in the marathon to deal with. Organising a marathon is not easy. I like to see you try >_>

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 10:37:09 am »
And what of the other users who are in alleged distaste? Have we all overcome something major all at the same time? I think not.

Not only that but I made replies in the very same thread, and so have you, which means you at least had a chance to see it.

In fact -- How did you know I wanted two hours when the only time I said so was in the very same (and rather gigantic) post where I listed out tracks?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 10:43:17 am by SpinDashMaster »

Offline Token

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 10:43:39 am »
And what's wrong with saying "I don't like idea x" in a discussion? That's what discussions are for.

Not only that, but I also performed four practice streams, and most who watched said they liked it.

I saw only positive reinforcement towards the idea until this thread popped up.

TSC's userbase seems to have developed a bad rep for reacting late and loud. What's up with that?

Because telling someone directly that their idea is shit in public is bad taste which is why I worded things the way I did. Just because the people in your stream liked it doesn't mean everyone else will. This is just not something that should be in a main marathon and should go, like I said, on the bonus stream. Further, to insult the TSC userbase is disrespectful as only Werey and I had indirectly said this was a bad idea main marathon wise and it's a bad look

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 10:47:17 am »
It's not an insult if it's the truth. It's been two months. If you have the audacity to speak the way you did in this thread then you had it to speak up in the other one.

All I'm really asking for at this point is a more reasonable compromise, given that I put lots of effort into what I already constructed. And I don't see how I'm out-of-line for doing that when those who disliked the idea took so long to say that they did.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 10:53:35 am by SpinDashMaster »

Offline flying fox

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 10:54:22 am »
Ok it's time to put an end to this, as now this topic is being derailed. You don't know what my private life has been like the past 2 months. I will take some of the blame but not all of it. I am doing everything I can to make this happen, because I want this marathon to go ahead and be a success for personal reasons. I don't like the way your attitude has been on here and on irc when we were trying to help you. I have already come to a decision to this and will tell you it in a PM, rather on here.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 11:02:51 am »
You don't even need to finish writing that PM, I'll take a walk.

But know this: I'm not blaming you personally, rather I am blaming everyone currently speaking up now as opposed to then. I made every effort to make a legitimate compromise this late and that still wasn't good enough for you. What else can you ask of me?

Offline Token

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 11:23:30 am »
It's not an insult if it's the truth. It's been two months. If you have the audacity to speak the way you did in this thread then you had it to speak up in the other one.

All I'm really asking for at this point is a more reasonable compromise, given that I put lots of effort into what I already constructed. And I don't see how I'm out-of-line for doing that when those who disliked the idea took so long to say that they did.

You're assuming I've seen this other thread and you're not realizing that not only have I NOT seen the thread but I barely talk on forums as I have other obligations to other communities that I prioritize over TSC (obvious by seeing how many post I've made in 2 years right next to my name), so yes, I'm telling you here that you're idea is shit and it's not marathon worthy as it'll be a waste of time. When people come to watch a Sonic marathon, not only are they there to watch the game completed fast but to also listen to the music that fills them with nostalgia from our younger days. Your idea to replace this feel of nostalgia with songs or "memes" is, although different, a terrible idea as not everyone has the same taste of music and can turn people off from the stream. That's not something FF is looking for and she has tried to tell you as much but you didn't respect that.

As for asking for a "reasonable compromise", you don't deserve one. Honestly, IMO, you shouldn't be involved in the marathon because of your recent behavior. If you would have just continued the discussion in PM like an intelligent person would have, I'm sure FF would have worked something out with you as she's nice like that but as the arrogant fool that you are, you made a spectacle about it in public and not only made FF look like a bitch but made yourself out to be the victim and made it seem like everyone gangs up on you just to shit on your ideas which is not the case. It's great that you came out with an original idea and that you spent loads of time on it but to get pissed off at people because they didn't like your idea is childish and to get mad at people because they said something NOW and not before is bitch nigga status. You don't know what people got going on in their lives and will not be on TSC ALL THE TIME to respond let alone read EVERY topic. For the past few weeks, things has been going on in FF's RL (that I'm not going to share out of respect) that has prevented her from working on the marathon as much as she would like to. Also for her personal reasons (that I'm also not going to share), she needs this to be a success and to run smoothly as possible so for an idea like this to be in the marathon isn't really a good idea either, especially with the pressure of running a marathon and making sure nothing goes wrong.

On a serious note, from this day going forward, you need to chill with saying moronic stuff as it makes people dislike you and you won't get the respect that you feel that you deserve. If someone shoots down your idea, just brush it off and try again next time. For someone who used to be admin on this site, I, along with others, would expect better from you yet you allow your arrogance because you was a former admin to blind your judgement and that makes you think and say irrational things.

Shape up man. We don't got time for this shit.

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 02:02:46 pm »
From what I saw you doing I thought you were just going to run the game with custom soundtracks... not casually walk around to listen to an entire soundtrack that could take up to 3 minutes

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 04:31:09 pm »
You're assuming I've seen this other thread and you're not realizing that not only have I NOT seen the thread but I barely talk on forums as I have other obligations to other communities that I prioritize over TSC (obvious by seeing how many post I've made in 2 years right next to my name), so yes, I'm telling you here that you're idea is shit and it's not marathon worthy as it'll be a waste of time. When people come to watch a Sonic marathon, not only are they there to watch the game completed fast but to also listen to the music that fills them with nostalgia from our younger days. Your idea to replace this feel of nostalgia with songs or "memes" is, although different, a terrible idea as not everyone has the same taste of music and can turn people off from the stream. That's not something FF is looking for and she has tried to tell you as much but you didn't respect that.

As for asking for a "reasonable compromise", you don't deserve one. Honestly, IMO, you shouldn't be involved in the marathon because of your recent behavior. If you would have just continued the discussion in PM like an intelligent person would have, I'm sure FF would have worked something out with you as she's nice like that but as the arrogant fool that you are, you made a spectacle about it in public and not only made FF look like a bitch but made yourself out to be the victim and made it seem like everyone gangs up on you just to shit on your ideas which is not the case. It's great that you came out with an original idea and that you spent loads of time on it but to get pissed off at people because they didn't like your idea is childish and to get mad at people because they said something NOW and not before is bitch nigga status. You don't know what people got going on in their lives and will not be on TSC ALL THE TIME to respond let alone read EVERY topic. For the past few weeks, things has been going on in FF's RL (that I'm not going to share out of respect) that has prevented her from working on the marathon as much as she would like to. Also for her personal reasons (that I'm also not going to share), she needs this to be a success and to run smoothly as possible so for an idea like this to be in the marathon isn't really a good idea either, especially with the pressure of running a marathon and making sure nothing goes wrong.

On a serious note, from this day going forward, you need to chill with saying moronic stuff as it makes people dislike you and you won't get the respect that you feel that you deserve. If someone shoots down your idea, just brush it off and try again next time. For someone who used to be admin on this site, I, along with others, would expect better from you yet you allow your arrogance because you was a former admin to blind your judgement and that makes you think and say irrational things.

Kid. Really? That fact that you didn't read the other thread not only shows how little you cared by simply bandwagoning others, but only amplifies your ignorance when I told you about the other thread and you acted as if you read it.

A'int nobody got time for your ignorance either.

Offline Inuyasha

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 04:51:33 pm »
In fact -- How did you know I wanted two hours when the only time I said so was in the very same (and rather gigantic) post where I listed out tracks?

ff> "Hey I didn't see SDM's estimate for S3&K, does anyone here know what it is?"
anyone else> "2 hours"
ff> "That seems a bit high but okay, maybe he has something extra planned"

You didn't consider this possible (and likely, considering how FF has been lately) scenario at all? Or any scenario similar to it?

Let me give you a little news flash -- not everyone checks TSC religiously for updates.  I came in to post my availability for stuff, replying when necessary, and otherwise I was busy with my own things. I had no idea what you were doing until you posted a massive list of music tracks just a couple days ago, and quite frankly "casually play through the game while playing unfitting music" doesn't rank very high on my list of things I'd like to see in a marathon. Just because people liked it in a "casual" setting like your own stream does not mean it will go over well in a marathon.

Offline Parax

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 05:09:08 pm »
SDM, this is really the kind of thing you should have asked FF for approval on -directly- before you started to work on it. You seem to have a pattern of coming up with ideas and starting to work on them without asking anyone, then getting upset when people don't like it. I agree it's not a good idea for a marathon, and I didn't say anything before because I never saw the previous thread, but regardless this could have all been avoided if you'd made sure to get express permission to do it beforehand instead of just assuming it was fine because no one specifically said it wasn't.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 12:44:10 am »
You know something, all that would have been fine and dandy if the express permission wasn't implied in the first place, along with general approval from those who saw previews.

And it's not like I didn't ask anyone either. Bear in mind that not only was the older thread spammed to death with this, but also I ran four practice streams to an audience of TSCers, wherein the links were given directly through TSC chat, and I was left with an approving impression. There is no way this slipped under the radar for every single person here.

Werey even says in his own posts that he thinks what I'm planning to do is slow things down to a casual level -- as opposed to what he saw in the streams, which, unbeknownst to him, WAS the slowed down version of events.

I wouldn't be nearly as upset if this didn't come towards me like a direct 180 from the opinions I saw about three weeks ago.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 01:06:17 am by SpinDashMaster »

Offline Token

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 11:47:14 am »

Kid. Really? That fact that you didn't read the other thread not only shows how little you cared by simply bandwagoning others, but only amplifies your ignorance when I told you about the other thread and you acted as if you read it.

A'int nobody got time for your ignorance either.

I don't have to read a thread to know that you're an idiot. I also have no need to bandwagon anyone. I just call it like I see it. Who cares about the other thread. That's irrelevant here. You keep using that as a defense like it's valid and as if someone actually gives a shit.

So repeat of what I said

Stop being a dumbshit.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 08:22:27 pm »
"I don't have to"
"I don't need to"
"I don't want to"
"That's irrelevant"
"That's invalid"
"Ur a dumbshit"

So let me get this straight. You call my words invalid and dumb when you can't even write a valid argument yourself.

And you wonder why I keep calling you out for that... Hmm.

Print

Hits: 360 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.17 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.