don't click here

Greetings from the Pokemon speedrunning community

Print

Author Topic: Greetings from the Pokemon speedrunning community  (Read 17594 times)

Offline G_heinz

Greetings from the Pokemon speedrunning community
« on: August 18, 2014, 10:43:15 am »
What's up TSC.

I should preface this by saying that I myself do not run any Sonic games, and that I'm not really sure where to post this so I'm just starting here.

I'm coming to the Sonic community for help with a problem that we are currently having in the Pokemon speedrunning community. The nitty-gritty details are not worth getting into, but in short we are debating our policies on the use of emulators for WR runs. This discussion was started by none other than werster, who some of you may know as the most popular Pokemon speedrunner on twitch.

werster has recently taken it upon himself to mislead thousands of viewers into believing that the Pokemon speedrunning community as a whole has decided to ban/void all WRs achieved on emulator, and as such he has reclaimed 2 WRs in roughly the past week (one of which tied his own previous emulator WR, the other of which beat the old emulator WR by ~2 min).

I have every reason to question the legitimacy of these two runs, as well as plenty of his others, as it is my understanding that he admitted to cheating in the Sonic speedrunning community after being accused by HDL in a pastebin that analyzed one of his S3K runs that HDL found suspicious. As HDL noticed in werster's S3K runs, werster's recent Pokemon Gold WRs were claimed quickly, with few resets, within a relatively short amount of time after starting streaming. My concern is that the Pokemon speedrunning community is naive to this fact, and that as such, his credibility is overstated. He holds a lot of power in our community and generally uses it to bully other runners into accepting his terms--in this case, that all WRs completed on emulator should be banned simply due to the ease with which they can be cheated. Conveniently, this would either give him WR in those categories, and where it does not he will surely reclaim those records before long. However, when he is directly confronted about the accusations leveled at him by HDL, and his potentially problematic past of cheating, he becomes intriguingly silent.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, or if this is considered an inappropriate request, but I am curious to know if there is physical proof somewhere of his admission of cheating in S3K. For those wondering what pastebin I am referring to, it can be found here. It is my hope that if his history were made known to the community at large, he would not be able to treat people as rudely as he does, and his runs would be treated with the scrutiny they deserve.

Thanks for your time.

G_heinz

Offline Fosho

Re: Greetings from the Pokemon speedrunning community
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 10:59:30 am »
Lol, you're wasting your time man.

Offline G_heinz

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 11:00:19 am »
why's that?

Offline Fosho

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 11:07:18 am »
Because you aren't going to find what you're looking for.

Offline G_heinz

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 11:13:26 am »
does it not exist or will no one provide it?

and who are you?

Offline Fosho

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 11:23:49 am »
Doesn't exist.

lurker supreme.

Offline SB737

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 12:51:39 pm »
I don't know much about werster's history, but I do know he has a record in cheating. From cheating on girls to cheating on this site, he doesn't have the greatest track record. Afaik he was banned from this site twice (the second banning was from when he created another account, which was banned at some point after people were aware of this too). I don't know if he admitted to cheating at S3&K runs, but once he was confronted with HDL's evidence, he convenitently stopped streaming that game (coincidence..? I don't think so). Whether or not that helps you get an answer I don't know, but I hope I helepd with what I know on this subject.
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline Gvozdevik

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 01:27:08 pm »
What about his coop runs? With mike89. His play as Sonic is good IMO. But yeah, this is not a proof

Offline SB737

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 01:32:05 pm »
Those co-op runs were played on original genesis console, werster does have skill, but as Roken once said to me, "No matter how good you are, cheating is always easier".
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:38:06 pm by SB737 »
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 03:02:19 pm »
Believe in Werster!
Believe in Werster!
Believe in Werster!
Believe in Werster!
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 03:38:17 pm »
bruh....
number 1. werster dont come here anymore. and is banned from competing
number 2. why are you bringing that pokemon speedrun drama to THE SONIC CENTER?
number 3. We've discussed this emulator stuff months ago and you're super late, go post your concerns there.

Thank you.

Offline G_heinz

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 04:12:17 pm »
I don't know much about werster's history, but I do know he has a record in cheating. From cheating on girls to cheating on this site, he doesn't have the greatest track record. Afaik he was banned from this site twice (the second banning was from when he created another account, which was banned at some point after people were aware of this too). I don't know if he admitted to cheating at S3&K runs, but once he was confronted with HDL's evidence, he convenitently stopped streaming that game (coincidence..? I don't think so). Whether or not that helps you get an answer I don't know, but I hope I helepd with what I know on this subject.

thanks. that's at least the best kind of response i was looking for, especially in the absence of an actual confession.

Quote from: bertin
bruh....
number 1. werster dont come here anymore. and is banned from competing
number 2. why are you bringing that pokemon speedrun drama to THE SONIC CENTER?
number 3. We've discussed this emulator stuff months ago and you're super late, go post your concerns there.

Thank you.

i'm not here to bring drama, only get information. werster is currently the one creating all the drama in the pokemon community but is not confronted for it because people either don't know about his history/bad moral character or refuse to acknowledge it. it also doesn't concern me whether or not you guys allow emulator, as i'm not familiar with sonic speedrunning and don't have an opinion either way.

if anyone has any more information, that's really all i'm looking for. i just want as much as i can to be able to share it with the pokemon community, as werster is really making a mess of things right now and only has his popularity as a twitch streamer to fall back on.

i understand that it's no one's problem here, but i would be grateful for any information about werster's past history in the sonic community at all. luckily enough for you guys, there was already a centralized authority in this community before werster came along, so if he cheated there was no way for him to weasel his way out of it. in the pokemon community his word is law, mostly because no one will challenge him for fear of being verbally abused and talked trash about, which is because few are aware of his history of cheating.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:26:10 pm by G_heinz »

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 04:42:37 pm »
Well you've come to the wrong place to get dirt on him. The things that happened here are years behind us and it's time to move on. You just sound like a person who is obsessed with getting dirt on werster. Just leave man. You clearly aren't here to compete or to contribute at all.

Offline G_heinz

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 04:49:29 pm »
Well you've come to the wrong place to get dirt on him. The things that happened here are years behind us and it's time to move on. You just sound like a person who is obsessed with getting dirt on werster. Just leave man. You clearly aren't here to compete or to contribute at all.

yeah, i'm not here to compete. this is the introductions area. what, am i clogging up your boards?

i'm someone who's interested on getting information about werster for the good of the pokemon community. i'm not obsessed with getting dirt on him. if this thread is unwanted on these boards by the powers that be, then have them lock it and i'll leave. but if it's just that you disagree with my methods and personally don't want me snooping around here, then just don't contribute to this thread.

Print

Hits: 4,081 | Hits This Month: 28 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.