don't click here

3DS virtual console and PAL

Print

Author Topic: 3DS virtual console and PAL  (Read 10414 times)

Offline Nimrod

• TSC: Nim
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
3DS virtual console and PAL
« on: October 07, 2014, 11:38:45 am »
Sorry if this was asked already, but I didn't find anything regarding that.

So I've got Sonic Triple Trouble on my 3DS on virtual console (I'm from Europe if that changes anything) and I've been practising that game a lot in the train lately. Now the game does have the rule "Emulation features allowing this game to be played in PAL are prohibited". I'm not really an expert on that, I know just enough to understand why this rule exists, so would virtual console allowed for submissions?

Offline SB737

Re: 3DS virtual console and PAL
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 03:30:51 pm »
All my triple trouble stats were done on the same version as yours, as it's an official port it's ok, it's when you start using an unofficial emulator that allows recreation of features that aren't possible on the official console (for example playing in pal) that it becomes a problem, so unless someone else has something to add it's fine.
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline Nimrod

• win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 02:08:58 pm »
thanks! I thought of virtual console as nothing different as the emulators you use on your PC for example, and since the game seemed a little slow to me I became unsure

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 07:34:57 am »
With the VC emulations of handheld games, you won't need to worry about the speed. (As for the platforms where PAL/NTSC are a thing, I think they're all NTSC even on the Euro3DS)
Twitch: 2KZu | YouTube: Tukepuikko (VGM channel: Frygoon)

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 09:34:18 am »
For the purpose of TSC's rules, we consider Virtual Console software to be considered as official ports and/or re-releases rather than emulation.

With that notion in mind, they are perfectly valid for submitting to TSC.

Offline Nimrod

• win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 03:03:16 pm »
Before writing that topic I was searching the forum if this question has been asked already and stumbled upon a really long discussion about rules regarding emulators, and from that I got something like that official emulators go by the same rules as unofficial ones, I didn't read the whole discussion though

But thanks for the replies, I'm happy I can submit my times

Print

Hits: 481 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.00 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.