don't click here

Hello TSC!

Print

Author Topic: Hello TSC!  (Read 9241 times)

Offline Softspeak

Hello TSC!
« on: November 02, 2014, 07:37:24 pm »
Figured I ought to say hi to the forum. I'm not great at coming up with names but I figured Softspeak would do ok. Just a little bit about me: I'm an undergrad student studying computer science, and for the most part I'm doing fine in it. But I'm also a soft-spoken introvert; hence the name.

I've played Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle), Sonic Riders, and Sonic Advance 3. I'm rather attached to the last one. I time attacked SAdv3 for years before actually getting around to collecting the last two Chaos Emeralds and beating the final bosses. And that game is where I'll focus my competitive efforts for now. Ring charts look like an easy place to start, but beware Quartz, your 1-point leadership in the Times category may slip to 2 points!

Offline CriticalCyd

• ~('w')~ ~('w')~ ~('w')~
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • =^● ⋏ ●^=
    • View Profile
    • My twitch stream
Re: Hello TSC!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 07:52:46 pm »
Welcome Softspeak ('w')/
Speedrunning shenanigans =^● ⋏ ●^=

http://twitch.tv/CriticalCyd
http://youtube.com/CriticalCyd
http://twitter.com/CriticalCyd

Offline Goldwolf11

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 09:55:27 pm »
Welcome to TSC,Softspeak!
I really only play SA2, honestly. (On PS3!)

SA2 stuff:

Hero Story PB: 53:38 (48:44 In-game)

-Currently Learning/Practicing-
Final Rush m1 (no skip)
Eternal Engine m1 (no skip)
Crazy Gadget m1 (no skip)
Mission Street m1

Offline DGF

• WildCard Speedster
  • TSC: DarkGravityFlames
  • win10 chrome
  • Code S.O.L, Azure Grimrore ACTIVATE!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 11:30:28 pm »
Hello There, SoftSpeak o/
My Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9TztQrHz0nwzfSZZFoYOVA
PSN = ChaosKnight_56
Steam: TerumiTrueAzure

Championship(s) Held: Sonic Generations
Current Records: Overdrift Challenge , Terror from the Deep, Death egg robot (Hard), Vector's Mission

Offline Pokemonmaster888

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 01:25:43 am »
Hello Softspeak! Welcome to TSC! I am also studying computer science in college; what kind of lessons/topic material are you learning about right now? TSC is a great place for the highest-level Sonic gaming competition. The people here are friendly and will help you out if you have any questions. I wish you luck in competing, and make sure to have fun while you do so.

Offline Softspeak

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 09:21:19 am »
Thanks for the warm reception everyone.

To kind of answer Pokemonmaster888's question, I'm in my third year of CS. I'm taking an algorithms class and a computer graphics class this semester. Algorithms is generally fun and/or easy for me. Graphics has just started daunting me these past couple of weeks. It's nice to gain an appreciation for how 3D scenes get rendered, but far from my favorite thing now that I know how much work there is to it. Looking forward to Compilers and possibly Intro to AI in the spring.

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 01:50:43 pm »
Welcome to TSC man and good luck with competition. My main focuses are time attack mode on Sonic 3, currently the holder of the Azure Lake fastest single lap record, 0:000.33 seconds, ring attack on various games & boss time attack on Sonic Rush. I would RA Rush but my R button is broken & I can't compete in RA without it. Fortunately on Rush though I set 3 untied RA records & tied 2 more records before my R button broke.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 01:57:33 pm by AmyRoseFan »
Rings are my specialty.

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 08:41:46 pm »
Welcome!

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Print

Hits: 788 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.06 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.