don't click here

Anyone play Sonic Adventure DX on PC? Question.

Print

Author Topic: Anyone play Sonic Adventure DX on PC? Question.  (Read 11595 times)

Offline F-Man

Anyone play Sonic Adventure DX on PC? Question.
« on: January 11, 2013, 09:06:18 pm »
3D movement in the old 2004 port was kind of awkward (and impossible to time attack with) since the joystick was just emulating arrow keys, giving you a maximum of 8 directions rather than 360 degrees. I was wondering if anyone can confirm if the 2011 Steam version is also like that?

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone play Sonic Adventure DX on PC? Question.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 09:13:31 pm »
Wait, can't you just use a 360/PS3 controller?

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 09:33:22 pm »
Wait, can't you just use a 360/PS3 controller?
Yes, but like I said the joystick only gives you 8 directions. If anyone is curious about this, try slightly tilting your direction while gliding as Knuckles in a big open space like Red Mountain. He only starts moving every 45 degrees.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 10:33:35 pm »
Turns out a new fan-made XInput mod released this year now fixes this.

In fact, I recommend every mod listed in Sonic Adventure DX: Fixed Edition (except SET layouts, Data, and Code if you plan to time attack since those change the core game).

That along with the fixed widescreen now make SADX PC (the 2004 version) the SADX of my dreams.

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 07:05:26 am »
I dunno about Fixed Edition, but XInput Fix 2.0 by SonicFreak works wonders with 360 controllers. It doesn't have support for DInput, though, but it has configurable deadzones. SonicFreak has a post about it if anyone's curious. Just look up SonicFreak XInput fix 2.0
If I remember correctly, the Steam version doesn't have DInput support, but to my knowledge, the Steam version is complete ass anyways.

For reference, SADX PC (not Steam), has some weird crap with the deadzones of XINput controllers as well as thinking the triggers are always set to a value of -1, which essentially forces the camera to spin in Free Camera. It also does something weird with the right stick and causes the game to go to the closer look mode in Auto Camera if you're standing still. This ultimately affects the way the camera moves in Auto Camera while the character is moving in-game, and never in a good way.

As for Steam, I have no idea how controller support works for it because I've never had it nor played it, and I don't care to, but I've heard that it's literal ass, so eh

Print

Hits: 270 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1011.61 KB | Time: 0.15s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.