don't click here

TSC 5.0

Print

Author Topic: TSC 5.0  (Read 10960 times)

Offline Starlight_Glimmer

TSC 5.0
« on: May 25, 2015, 11:05:46 pm »

yes I'm calling this tsc 5.0 because I think tsc 4.0 has been rumored so long now that it is a joke, and this isn't a joke. ~ even though there is some entertainment value.

I'll admit I spent waaay took much time on this than I should have, but this is pretty much extreme alpha artwork ( I'm just one pony, I cant think over everything)

If there is one thing I've noticed with tsc, is that it is very complex by today's standards, which isnt a bad thing, I just think it needs to be hidden behind a beautiful, simple, homepage.

thus I got rid of a lot of junk. rankings brings you to the leaderboards, submit lets you sumbit stats, forums bring you to forums, and all stars tells you any kind of ranking you could possibly want to know. (sitewide leader, untied leader of sonic 2, the ring leader of SPA, the guy with the most untied score records on 2d sonic games, etc)

** note I was back and forth about adding media as a 5th emblem but I ran out of room for it, probably be a good idea though**

I think live chat is important too, so I think even guest need to be auto connented to the right side of the website that connects them to live tsc chat, where they can ask questions if need be.

I was also thinking about incorperating race night themes below new records too, but I dont know much about that side of the site, and I would need help with it.

I still have a lot more ideas to add to this, but this is a start for people play with and tweak.
We Shine Like Rainbows~ 

Offline FocusSight64

• Language Geek
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 firefox
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Weeaboo
    • View Profile
Re: TSC 5.0
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 02:11:22 am »
Ok, I think this is something that is urgent enough that I need to post about it.

The main issue I have with the site is not with its homepage (though, your design is cool and I can definitely see that it is more user-friendly. However, it does need to be refined.), not its chat (which has already been quite dead tbh), not incorporating SRL, but the way you submit things. The submissions page is a very complex, annoying and unreliable page. The constant rows of charts which will be brought up every time you go to submit records for a game, even if you just want to submit one, can confuse the user and really cause them to drift away from wanting to submit to the site. I feel like the thing that will make TSC the most accessible is adding the ability to submit to a chart from the chart page. In all honesty, this should've been done ages ago. It would really help in being able to add a submission as quickly as possible. I'm not saying to get rid of the subs page as it is, just keep that if you want to submit a lot of records. I think that adding a feature to submit directly from the chart itself will be best overall.

Another thing is incorporating proof into the site more systematically than it is now. Linking it into your comment and having photographic proof ignored completely is a very clumsy situation. Not to mention, the ability to check and sort proof is almost non-existent. Adding something like a system of tracking one's proofs and also having to get those proofs approved by the mods/admins to check to see if the stat's proof is reliable would make the site a lot more reliable. The proof system as is isn't good enough for a site like TSC.

An issue I've always had with the site is that (at least, seemingly) there isn't any actual built in part of the site that handles suspicious records/investigations. They all seem to rely on either PMs, Skype IMs or the forums. Incorporating a system that tracks suspicious records, allows users to report records and making a system that allows a record to be deleted/unreported/etc. from the site itself would make the jobs of the admins a lot easier.
Proud supporter of Cookie☆ (クッキー☆) MADs.

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 09:27:13 pm »
Tweaked the homepage to include a new incentive to compete for, Introducing TSC emerald power

(alpha concept art)

Emerald power is designed to encourage people to break records (instead of just "red stating" like our buddy site wide encourages)
1st nets you a master emerald
2nd - super emerald
3rd - chaos emerald

(pic is a little big, you can go here to view a more friendlier size: http://imgur.com/a/DvaS8#2s5dBe7)

which basically equates to points that add up, and level you up. emerald power of lvl 1 displays you as weak/in the struggle sonic (or more characters can be designed), but as you lvl up they get more powerful.

how the points will add up and point thresholds for lvl ups will be left to tsc mathematicians.

charts will look a little like this ( again just basic concept)

Lastly emerald power can be stolen, if you're 3rd place and someone beats your time you will lose your chaos emerald. Im also pondering punishing tied records, as in making the emeralds show up as negative emeralds (SADX perfect chaos abused emeralds) and not count for as many points.
We Shine Like Rainbows~ 

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 12:10:45 am »
Think it may be smart not to make the aesthetics super flashy, if you know what I mean. The concept looks great, but go too far in the flashiness and it'd be a bit of a turn off to people. Obviously just concept art and not actual thing but just to get it out of the way.

I think submitted videos is an important thing to click on, since strats and such, so I believe that it should be a thing on the sidebar for stats, or maybe some extra link showing you the videos submitted for said stat or stage/mission/whatever. Guides ought to also be a thing, but less important.

Rules NEED to be considered too, but putting them on the sidebar may be a bit much. I dunno.

This is about all I can think of at this current time

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 10:59:06 pm »
Think it may be smart not to make the aesthetics super flashy, if you know what I mean. The concept looks great, but go too far in the flashiness and it'd be a bit of a turn off to people. Obviously just concept art and not actual thing but just to get it out of the way.

I think submitted videos is an important thing to click on, since strats and such, so I believe that it should be a thing on the sidebar for stats, or maybe some extra link showing you the videos submitted for said stat or stage/mission/whatever. Guides ought to also be a thing, but less important.

Rules NEED to be considered too, but putting them on the sidebar may be a bit much. I dunno.

This is about all I can think of at this current time

lol, yah im being very conscious about not making this a "buy a $500 house sell it for $50,000" with a bad cut out of a Lamborghini in the top right corner ^^.

I agree videos are extremely important, so much so that in my head ( though I haven't had the time to construct it in a pic) I thought that every stat that has a video submitted with it should have a clickable thumbnail of the video sitting along side it, and/or maybe have them appear as "latest submitted videos" some where on the right bar. ( maybe reduced to linkable text to squeeze as much videos in there as possible)

for rules I just want a blatant warning link to them above all boards, with the option to remove the massive warning via setting, but agreeing you read and understand the rules completely.

I'm still planning on constructing more, just been busy with holidays ( another one this weekend >_>;) a lot of new good videos games, work... shit there's just so much.

I will also share another thing I have been thinking of, which might be a lot more controversial. Along the lines of adding new things/games to TSC I was wondering if maybe we should talk with the girls deving sonic project X, potentially adding their game ( they keep track of score,(maybe ask them to add a timer ^^) and working with them somehow, they seem very skilled (or at the very least extremely dedicated); their artist and programmer. our site layouts are pretty identical too, if you noticed.

just a thought.
We Shine Like Rainbows~ 

Print

Hits: 475 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.00 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.