don't click here

Hey! Listen!

Print

Author Topic: Hey! Listen!  (Read 5830 times)

Hey! Listen!
« on: March 23, 2016, 06:56:36 pm »
Hey there!
I'm a lifelong Sonic fan. I've never really been into speedrunning (on TSC level) tho, until few weeks ago. I picked my GBA and I just got to go fast, you know what I'm sayin? I can't decide whether should I focus on advance 1, 2 or 3. Can you give me some advice? Cheers!

Offline truesonic53

Re: Hey! Listen!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 03:01:44 pm »
About time I posted something on a TSC forum, but like whatever.

If you just would like to fill the charts and get a high rank in Advance games, pick any one of them, they are all great. Remember though, Advance 2 scores will take a lot of your time (if you want to get a decent rank of course) and you won't enjoy it at all. Either way, choose whatever you like.

If you're going to try beating time records, then you'll have to try your best. I'm currently trying to improve some of my Advance 2 times (and I sincerely hope that Combo will come back one day and try to get back his 0p leadership which he cares about a lot). Also, I always care for my own Advance 1 time leadership (ring/score charts too), so I'm ready to defend it at any time someone decides to take it.

Long story short: if you want competition, go and play either 1st or 2nd.

Good luck and have fun in competing.

Offline hfactor66

Re: Hey! Listen!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 10:19:41 pm »
Welcome to TSC, nice to be seeing some new faces lately. Good luck with competition in the Sonic Advance series :)
I enjoyed the first and third ones, but the second one was kinda meh in my opinion, didn't really enjoy it that much. Those games aren't my main points of competition, that would be the two Sonic Rush games, where I lead in ring attack on both games. This site's got lots of records to test your skills, so try lots of games, put forth your best effort, find your strong suits and shoot for the top! Again welcome to TSC. :)
Rings are my specialty.

Print

Hits: 771 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1000.94 KB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.