don't click here

Scrap Brain 2

Print

Author Topic: Scrap Brain 2  (Read 6081 times)

Scrap Brain 2
« on: February 13, 2017, 09:12:30 am »
Is there any kind of guidance to pull off the wrap in SB2? I´m trying to follow the TeeNTee vid but not sure of whether the speed just need to exceed a certain value, or whether it has to be within a set range. Also, what are the button inputs?

Currently I jump onto the wheel and press down (and release), wait until my position and speedseems about right and then just tap A. Not sure if I need to hold right (at least until I enter the wall).

There is a vid Naegleria has on his channel, but he doesn´t actually pull it off .... and he uses the wheel at the top to fling himself at the starting position. Completely different to the TeeNTee method. I prefer the latter due to how near it is to the start, but I still can´t pull it off!

I´m doing this on the Saturn so hopefully it´s possible. There are a couple of tricks in the series that don´t seem to work on the Saturn version, but most do so fingers crossed!

Re: Scrap Brain 2
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 09:11:52 am »
OK, it is possible on the Saturn. I won´t delete the topic so it can act as a reference. In the Saturn version you don´t press anything once you start rolling and you need to aim at the corner that touches the floor, about a pixel up from the ground (so you are in the air) and then press right once you are in the wall.

Unfortunately it caught me by surprise since I had reached a point where I had given it up as impossible on Saturn, and pressed left by accident once I went through the wall. At least now it´s possible so will keep on trying til I get it.

However if anyone can advise when to switch from right to left, that would be a great help to shave time off when I do succeed (again). The scrolling SEEMS to slow down a fraction on the TeeNTee vid when the camera passes the swinging ball so I assume it is there, but any further advice would be grand.

Print

Hits: 533 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 972.42 KB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.